Lockdown

Mice!

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

I'm not really sure why so many people seem to have an issue with lycra - is it really a problem? ...

Can't remember which DJ on 6 music, but they said that it was ok on someone who is a club or pro cyclist, but for the average overweight middle aged gent "why do they feel the need to look like a badly handled pork sausage?"

Well it made me laugh...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, henry d said:

Can't remember which DJ on 6 music, but they said that it was ok on someone who is a club or pro cyclist, but for the average overweight middle aged gent "why do they feel the need to look like a badly handled pork sausage?"

Well it made me laugh...

I fully agree with the sentiment - its just not right. Then again, in this weather I tend to wear T-shirts. Not sure that at 63 yrs old, that's right either......

59 minutes ago, henry d said:

Well it made me laugh...

I'm more of a haggis shape and texture😢

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Now you're worrying me, I can understand you recognising the shape, but claiming knowledge of the texture is just plain worrying!

Why are you worried?  , haggis fondling is one of my favourite winter pastimes😅

1 hour ago, henry d said:

Well it made me laugh...

To be fair there are even some pro cyclists who don't look great in it, even at my fittest I wasn't happy at the way I looked in it (when actually on the bike in an aero position).

They feel the need because they are well aware that baggy clothes would slow them down even more, by quite a significant amount 👍

Go to any town centre (normally) and you'll find people looking a lot worse but nobody seems to find it necessary to verbally abuse them and on the odd occasion throw things out of their car / van window at them.

They should make cycling a religion or "race", then it'd be hate crime - I do of course jest, but many a true word and all that ...

4 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

_allo_dave__by_xanthine_dn4kxz-fullview.

On a more serious, and on topic note. According to the press a Whitehall source has said the lockdown will continue until 25th May.

Tosh. No decision on this could possibly have been made at this stage.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the radio this morning Spain are lifting restrictions with kids allowed outside for the first time in 6 weeks!! Its been like a summer fair on the river near me, never seen so many people out walking enjoying the sunshine. 

And apparently Boris is back at Downing street now, with the main question being when will lockdown be lifted?