UK made PPE not being taken by NHS

Dave-G

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, toontastic said:

I have recently seen an interview with a purchaser for care homes. She said she used to buy aprons from a UK company at £27 a box, but recently she tried to place a new order and was quoted £81 a box. The price had trebled in just 4 weeks.

When you think how much these care homes charge its still small change for them

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

When you think how much these care homes charge its still small change for them

Indeed.

Particularly when one considers that the ONS state that care homes profit margins are around 3% higher than other types of service providers and 5% higher than manufacturing.

17 hours ago, grrclark said:

Just a touch.

Do you feel miserable in having to work for someone? Feels a bit like some projection going on.

Your post just shows how utterly clueless you are, the only person with projection issues is you, as if I care what some person on the internet thinks.

57 minutes ago, toontastic said:

I'd like to know where all the money goes my partner gets minimum wage for looking after covid infected dementia patients.

I know South Africans who invest in UK care homes and people locally who do the same, I would not describe them as dripping in diamonds but they are, or at least were, doing very very well for themselves. Always been a good way to investment any lump sums of cash you may save or acquire.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/04/2020 at 04:29, Dave-G said:

You couldn't make this up - I'd imagine possibly due to some stupid policy about not being made by a preferred NHS supplier who likely pay huge backhanders to become one.

Investigations need to be made then a few heads must roll in high places if corruption is found.

Or maybe the firms want ransom money for them, either way it needs sorting out PDQ.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/20/exclusivemillions-pieces-ppe-shipped-britain-europe-despite/

hello, have you seen the latest news report Dave, now we do not want the million PPE gowns from Turkey, stating not meeting our safety standards, SO WHAT ARE THE HOSPITAL STAFF USING IN TURKEY ?????

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

16 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, have you seen the latest news report Dave, now we do not want the million PPE gowns from Turkey, stating not meeting our safety standards, SO WHAT ARE THE HOSPITAL STAFF USING IN TURKEY ?????

No idea what they are using in the hospitals in turkey, but just because the gowns came from Turkey that is no guarantee the Turkish hospitals use the gowns .

If they are not suitable, They are not suitable.

Could be any number of reasons. Is it quality Is it specs. ???

We need to wait find out why they are not suitable, then we can drawc real conclusions.

5 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

No idea what they are using in the hospitals in turkey, but just because the gowns came from Turkey that is no guarantee the Turkish hospitals use the gowns .

Could be any number of reasons. Is it quality Is it specs.

We need to wait find out why they are not suitable, then we can drawc real conclusions.

I wonder if the manufacturer of these unusable gowns will repay the cost og the UK Government sending the RAF to collect them in the clammer to get stuff to the "Front Line"?

2 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Could be any number of reasons. Is it quality Is it specs.

hello, that would be interesting to know lancer ?? saying that what about all the home made ( not factory) PPE that is being used like Lins face masks/ Connors head masks,/ Aprons made in 1000s by people with sewing machines at home

3 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, that would be interesting to know lancer ?? saying that what about all the home made ( not factory) PPE that is being used like Lins face masks/ Connors head masks,/ Aprons made in 1000s by people with sewing machines at home

I suspect a lot, but not all, of the stuff that is being made and given the NHS goes straight in the bin. But it keeps the masses from thinking they are doing their bit. One of the NHS trusts near me asked for people to stop donating things as they didn’t know what to do with it. 

8 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

I'm sure the people in care homes or other places are perfectly happy and appreciative of the items they have been given, but the NHS will have to use things of a certain spec, unless times are truly desperate. 

36 minutes ago, Mice! said:

If they are rejecting the ppe then no there not.

But its got to be suitable. If its not then its not. Its PPE not clothing etc that looks like real PPE.

Personal protection equipment that is not protecting people for whatever reason is just Equipment. Might be great for other hospital jobs, but not PPE in CVD19 Applications. .

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

I'm sure the people in care homes or other places are perfectly happy and appreciative of the items they have been given, but the NHS will have to use things of a certain spec, unless times are truly desperate. 

So what you are saying is  care home staff are second class so second class equipment is good enough for them but it's not good enough for real carers.

11 minutes ago, toontastic said:

So what you are saying is  care home staff are second class so second class equipment is good enough for them but it's not good enough for real carers.

Calm down, the PPE isn't up to nhs spec but I've seen care homes on the news taking donations of equipment,  are you telling me they wouldn't use these gowns?