Mask the Scots?

harkom

4 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Good idea her figure is not impressive, but it at least matches her performance as Scotland’s  first minister .

When you take away the insults there's not much left, you're a bit out of your depth 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Konor said:

When you take away the insults there's not much left, you're a bit out of your depth 

Answer the questions. Andrew put to her. Instead of offering me veiled inssults. Jump to it you keen to be a crowd pleaser lets see how well you look after this runs its course. Warning your subject Nicola is really not a good one. But First answer andrews questions from the clip.

PS before i post this i think you will just run away. But WATCHING.

11 minutes ago, Konor said:

Specifics please. She is passing on recommendations sourced from advisors not making it up as she goes along, you do realise that? 

I'm not a fan of any politician

And look what happened to her medical advisor, told us to stay home while she swanned off to her holiday home.

1 minute ago, billytheghillie said:

And look what happened to her medical advisor, told us to stay home while she swanned off to her holiday home.

Don’t be giving him facts about the fishy failure, he is clearly smitten. 

6 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Answer the questions. Andrew put to her. Instead of offering me veiled inssults. Jump to it you keen to be a crowd pleaser lets see how well you look after this runs its course. Warning your subject Nicola is really not a good one. But First answer andrews questions from the clip.

:lol:

"The Sound Of Silence"

Hello, darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a streetlamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share
No one dared
Disturb the sound of silence

"Fools," said I, "You do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you."
But my words like silent raindrops fell
And echoed in the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said, "The words of the prophets
Are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls
And whispered in the sounds of silence."

1 hour ago, lancer425 said:

I am at work so little time to reply.

I have been responding to the thread which you may ,or may not, be aware centred round the Scottish governments announcement re face covering and it’s potential to restrict the spread of the virus and which was accompanied by insults aimed at Nicola Sturgeon . If you are not willing to discuss that then why are you on this thread.
You are more than welcome to start your own thread abusing Nicola Sturgeon as that seems your sole aim.

My intention was to show that the government statement included all the sensible relevant advice which has been expressed in this thread and more and was a result of advice from those qualified to express a valid opinion . This was then relayed by Nicola Sturgeon to those in Scotland looking for relevant up to date suggestions on how to cope with the situation we find ourselves in and did not merit criticism of Nicola Sturgeon as there was nothing in the statement that reflected poorly on her.

As an aside I asked the people I am working with and although their opinion on independence reflected the approximate 50/50 split in the country everyone said they were quite impressed with her performance during the corona epidemic. As I said I am not a great fan of any politician just reasonably minded which is in stark contrast to your insults aimed at NS. She is not considered a parasite up here and I suggest you get used to it ,have you noticed the amount of seats the SNP have in Holyrood ,that’s a more accurate assessment of her esteem than your inane bluster.

Perhaps your next post will stick to the subject of the thread but I doubt it, I notice you like to make the threads all about you. I have better things to be doing so unless you can stick to the thread or maybe start another to vent about your perceived inadequacy of politicians I can see little to discuss.

I can’t envisage me running away from confronting people like yourself ,I haven’t done so in the past and don’t intend to start now, however I don’t intend making a hobby of and wasting my time responding to drivel. I’ve more important things to be doing and suggest you must have too that is unless  of course your posting is just an endless desire to be heard while you while away the hours with little to occupy yourself.

4 hours ago, TRINITY said:

There is only one person responsible for developing this rift. Wee Jimmy has an obsessive hatred of England and all her actions and decisions are  based on this. She would willingly do things that hurt Scotland provided they give greater pain to England. The sad thing is that many scotts have been listening so long to her poisonous bile and have been taken in by her hatred

That’s an example of the drivel that to some passes as discussion . I hope for your own sake that those aren’t sincere beliefs but rather an effort to provoke a response / argument to entertain rather than a reasoned overview of Nicola Sturgeons contribution to Scottish politics. 

8 minutes ago, henry d said:

It was to try and get back on topic, put the handbags down, the kettle on and have 15 minutes time out.

I was on topic and i simply agreed with AN other. That NS  she was looking to gain". I made a short "Very short post" The rest is history.

But get back on topic i will leave it here. He makes little sense anyway.

History Here.

lancer425   

lancer425
17 hours ago, Gordon R said:

She does seem to be trying to make political gain from jumping in with her advice. I find her quite sad.

She is sad all right, with a capital S..

•  

Konor   

14 hours ago, lancer425 said:

She is sad all right, with a capital S..

Could you back that up with some quotes as I fail to see any sign of “ sadness” shown in the Scottish governments statement  which is the focus of this thread. In fact the sensible points made on this thread have been covered in the statement.
These generalisations  criticising Nicola Sturgeon are a sad reflection on PW members if the last Scottish government statement is the cause of the criticism,.

Did anyone actually read the statement before wading in ? Because it does not read like it . 

•  

Whether she is acting on advice or just trying to make trouble, I don't see why she has to jump the gun. Why can't she co-ordinate with the UK Government, so that all the population get the same advice at the same time.

I honestly believe that she is trying to demonstrate that she can run a country, with little regard to the welfare of the UK as a whole. Scottish schools and NHS should be enough to convince any right minded person that she is not capable. She is a one trick pony. If all else fails - shout "Strong for Scotland".:whistling:

If she is highly regarded by some or even many, I don't care. That is their problem, not mine. I have a number of Scottish friends - certainly not enough to say that they speak for Scotland, but none of them rate her, other than as an embarrassment.

1 hour ago, Konor said:

That’s an example of the drivel that to some passes as discussion . I hope for your own sake that those aren’t sincere beliefs but rather an effort to provoke a response / argument to entertain rather than a reasoned overview of Nicola Sturgeons contribution to Scottish politics. 

Konor, I am 67years old and as long as I remember there has always been a bit of banter between England and Scotland. However I am also a Yorkshire man and the banter has never been anything more than Yorkshire and Lancashire. However since her and Salmond came on the scene the banter has been ramped up several levels. As English all we hear from her is snide remarks and derogatory comments. This is deliberate to create a dislike for her and on a wider scale Scotland. At the same time she address the Scots differently and drip feeds falsehoods to give the illusion that every problem out there is caused by the English. 

She is an evil dangerous bitch that is deliberately and slowly building up the hatred between us to drive us apart. Some of the more enlightened Scots have already woken up and realised the poison she is peddling in order to satisfy her own warped agenda. So Konor open your eyes and see how you are being manipulated.

Anyway moving forward 

if the wearing of masks is requested of the public in the uk 

which is the best one? 
what’s the life expectancy of one? 
what’s the proper procedures for putting on and taking off? 
do we need gloves as well? 
I'm sure there’s many people that are uncertain about the correct procedures and I’m sure there’s a member with the appropriate knowledge that could help 

absolutely no point in having it if it’s not used correctly 

18 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Anyway moving forward 

which is the best one? 
I'm sure there’s many people that are uncertain about the correct procedures and I’m sure there’s a member with the appropriate knowledge that could help 

Before we even get to the masks,  the target user needs to to decide if they need  be shaved in an  appropriate manner or not as the case may be.

Advice. here.

CDC_infographic.0.png

And the choice / spec of suitable masks it seems is open to debate. And even the practical use at preventing the virus is not being made clear by accurate data.   So typical 0.39 micrometers (PM) might not be as good as once thought  some are claiming.

The USA advice as seen some adverse cometary.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/28/us-face-masks-n95-surgical-coronavirus-health-workers

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/04/commentary-masks-all-covid-19-not-based-sound-data

https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/which-mask-types-are-effective-against-covid-19-35094

USA BUT! ??

Reuse.

USA again busy people.

And last but not least a DIY play mask to At least look the part , and if you got nothing else , available could be better than nothing, but it could just as easy be useless. Your choice.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Well that’s me out then! I have a goatee and generally a couple of days growth of stubble also. 😂

You are just one of many, and that is if they actually help, there are pros and cons. its not An exact defined yes or no.

Edited by lancer425

48 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Anyway moving forward 

which is the best one? 

We use several different types in work, from basic dust masks to face fitted hoods with air filtration,  there really are loads of different types out there.

In another thread, it was said that in Japan people wear masks because they wouldn't want to spread something such as a cold, not to prevent them catching something.

@7daysinaweek tell us how you take off your ppe mate.

53 minutes ago, Mice! said:

We use several different types in work, from basic dust masks to face fitted hoods with air filtration,  there really are loads of different types out there.

In another thread, it was said that in Japan people wear masks because they wouldn't want to spread something such as a cold, not to prevent them catching something.

@7daysinaweek tell us how you take off your ppe mate.

Here you are

Follow the link and scroll down, this has the link to all things ppe which is the most empirical current guidance to health care professionals in England. Gp's, nurses health care professionals in primary care (community) and secondary care (hospitals) in relation of Covid19.

It demonstrates the correct procedure for donning and doffing of ppe for Confirmed or suspected Covid and all infection control basic-advance measures. I myself use FFpe3 masks which filter for aerosolised finest particles as there is a increased risk of carrying out aerosol generating procedures(AGP'PS) such as deep suction, cpr, airway insertion management (need to be clean shaven for seal integrity)

Link for donning and doffing of standard ppe, this is the ppe used most commonly for close contact, non AGP'S contact. Health care professional and public if choose to wear a mask

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/877658/Quick_guide_to_donning_doffing_standard_PPE_health_and_social_care_poster__.pdf

Links for donning (putting on) and doffing (taking off) of ppe for AGP'S which would be pertinent for myself.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/879103/PHE_COVID-19_Donning_quick_guide_gown_version.pdf

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/879104/PHE_COVID-19_Doffing_quick_guide_gown_version.pdf

This link has is all thing ppe for infection control Covid19, it answers your queries f which ppe, sessional use etc.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-infection-prevention-and-control/covid-19-personal-protective-equipment-ppe

You can see my good self in the ppe below which is commensurate with the risk in relation of patient contact.

I have resisted from involving myself in many threads as it is Covid 24/7 for me in work at a covid red patient clinical assessment site at present and for the foreseen.

Happy reading!

Everyone keep safe and all the best.

7diaw

Resized_20200421_140544_opt.jpg

Edited by 7daysinaweek

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

Anyway moving forward 

which is the best one? 

I think the sole purpose of the freely available masks is to prevent spread from the wearer and to decrease his / her chances of being infected should he be in close contact with an asymptomatic carrier.

A large part of my work just now involves processing respiratory samples from Covid positive patients to establish whether there is secondary bacterial infection,to identify the cause of the infection and to provide an antibiogram to enable correct treatment of the patient. We don’t wear masks but rely on laminar flow cabinets which draw air in so preventing flow of any infectious material out. We are also processing bloods from Covid positive patients to forward on to the Medical Research Council.

There are procedures regarding the donning and doffing of PPE. which is designed to protect workers when dealing with TB cultures, Anthrax cultures and more recently the Covid positive specimens but that information isn’t really relevant to the use of face masks which are generally considered to be worn to protect others from the wearers emissions.

5 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Here you are

Follow the link and scroll down, this has the link to all things ppe which is the most empirical current guidance to health care professionals in England. Gp's, nurses health care professionals in primary care (community) and secondary care (hospitals) in relation of Covid19.

It demonstrates the correct procedure for donning and doffing of ppe for Confirmed or suspected Covid and all infection control basic-advance measures. I myself use FFpe3 masks which filter for aerosolised finest particles as there is a increased risk of carrying out aerosol generating procedures(AGP'PS) such as deep suction, cpr, airway insertion management (need to be clean shaven for seal integrity)

Link for donning and doffing of standard ppe, this is the ppe used most commonly for close contact, non AGP'S contact. Health care professional and public if choose to wear a mask

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/877658/Quick_guide_to_donning_doffing_standard_PPE_health_and_social_care_poster__.pdf

Links for donning (putting on) and doffing (taking off) of ppe for AGP'S which would be pertinent for myself.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/879103/PHE_COVID-19_Donning_quick_guide_gown_version.pdf

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/879104/PHE_COVID-19_Doffing_quick_guide_gown_version.pdf

This link has is all thing ppe for infection control Covid19

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-infection-prevention-and-control/covid-19-personal-protective-equipment-ppe

You can see my good self in the ppe below which is commensurate with the risk in relation of patient contact.

I have resisted from involving myself in many threads as it is Covid 24/7 for me in work at a covid red patient clinical assessment site at present and for the foreseen.

Happy reading!

7diaw

Resized_20200421_140544_opt.jpg

Thank you.

33 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Happy reading!

7diaw

Thought you were off to Aldi 😜

She is an evil dangerous bitch that is deliberately and slowly building up the hatred between us to drive us apart. Some of the more enlightened Scots have already woken up and realised the poison she is peddling in order to satisfy her own warped agenda. 

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍😀 spot on!  Can't stand the woman, even switch my radio off when she is on every day at 12.30 pm, 

Jim.