Mask the Scots?

harkom

Well , I may be out of order on this, but having just heard on radio news that wee Jimmie Krankie, aka N Sturgeon, has recommended/advised (if not actually ordered - as her position as  " First Minister"🙄) the wearing of face masks,-----may I suggest that she be fitted with a soundproof, and airtight head bag? 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, harkom said:

Well , I may be out of order on this, but having just heard on radio news that wee Jimmie Krankie, aka N Sturgeon, has recommended/advised (if not actually ordered - as her position as  " First Minister"🙄) the wearing of face masks,-----may I suggest that she be fitted with a soundproof, and airtight head bag? 

She is issuing advice and guidance.

I got mine and the wife's off Melb when he first mentioned them. No i dont wash it every time, if i am out for just an few minutes and have heard no one cough. If i am out for more than a few minutes then yes i wash them with zoflors disinfectant. and i also use alcohol rub a lot.

Edited by peck

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Mel has some for a donation!

Well aware and commendable for the work that they are doing in the epidemic 

no point in me trying to wear one (beard) 

appreciate they can stop you coughing or spitting germs out and infecting others however they don’t stop you catching it 

4 minutes ago, peck said:

I got mine and the wife's off Melb when he first mentioned them. No i dont wash it every time, if i am out for just an few minutes and have heard no one cough. If i am out for more than a few minutes then yes i wash them with zoflors disinfectant. and i also use alcohol rub a lot.

I see. Thanks

3 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

appreciate they can stop you coughing or spitting germs out and infecting others however they don’t stop you catching it 

Oh I agree totally, without covering your eyes, you are offering a lovely way in for the nasties.

2 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

I would disagree that they do not stop you getting it, as long as you are covering your nose and mouth properly i would say they could stop some airborn particles. 

3 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Some 

and the rest go in your eyes 

personally think it’s giving you a false sense of security 

It makes me feel better so i think i will carry on doing it. As to a false sense of security i can assure you i take it very very seriously.

As said by another poster, they are designed more to contain the virus if someone already has it, rather than prevent an uninfected person getting it.

However, there’s a school of thought that they can be dangerous. Folk aren’t used to wearing a mask so they fidget and adjust the mask as it feels unnatural. If they do this after touching something that has the virus on it, they are then likely to transfer it to their face.

I am sure that the advice / recommendation would have come from advisors suitably qualified to give it and was intended to minimise the spread from carriers to the general population.  

Your implication that the advice was given as a result of some egotistical order is quite insulting and speaks volumes about you and very little about Nicola Sturgeon. Politicians are easy targets at this time but are having to deal with a situation that has little precedent.

As a member of the public your contribution has been to undermine the advice given ,have you any qualifications that would allow you to contradict it or it it just an opportunity for some mindless political point scoring

P.S .  You are out of order and I suggest if anyone should be fitted with a soundproof and airtight head bag it is idiots like yourself

1 hour ago, harkom said:

Edited by Konor
PS added

8 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

As said by another poster, they are designed more to contain the virus if someone already has it, rather than prevent an uninfected person getting it.

If it stops particles from being ejected when someone coughs those particles are under pressure from the act of coughing, why would it not stop particles from being inhaled that are not under pressure.

As there is little or no definitive evidence either way as to their effectiveness, I think it should be down to the choice of the individual. 
Quite a bit of thought has to go into removing either gloves or masks; I’ve seen many people simply transferring any germs that may be on them to either their bare hands or car doors, keys, steering wheels, shopping bags, clothing etc etc on removal. 
The best thing I can think of really is to avoid touching the face and to wash your hands with soap, as often as possible. 
I can imagine many people all over the world wearing masks as a matter of routine from now on, but it didn’t seem to be very effective in China....or was it? We’ll never know. 

I'm no expert on the wearing of masks so can't say if it's beneficial or not.

But I do find it annoying that Nicola Sturgeon and many others use not following WHO advice as a stick to beat the  UK government with, then take no notice of WHO advice themselves when making decisions regarding the wearing of masks.

Too many politicians appear to be more concerned with point scoring than finding solutions.

I work in a university and when this started they gave us 30 dust masks it was all they could get and i dont mind saying i bricked it more for my family if i caught it and brought it home , Now we have none and get by , by social distancing son  and frequent hand washing and washing down surfaces  , but we stopped going into buildings and some halls 2 weeks ago unless its a lock out and we glove up to some and infected students need to come to the front door and pick up there spare keys in a bag and return them to us where we bag them again and disinfect them . Im now getting masks from here