THE LOCKDOWN From Today May 11TH.

lancer425

6 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Accepted , I hate them aswell , I hate the point scoring , I  belive  it will bring unrest here people seeing England  been allowed more freedom  at a safe distance .. I find it very strange seening her on her podium  not asking for her freedom .  Stay safe 

All three of these no mark purported leaders of their 'little countries' will have more or less had a very good idea what was to be announced. I would place a very hefty bet that if they had warning that boris was going to continue with the lockdown then yesterday their advice would have been to the contrary . All three would have announced significant easing measures.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Accepted , I hate them aswell , I hate the point scoring , I  belive  it will bring unrest here people seeing England  been allowed more freedom  at a safe distance .. I find it very strange seening her on her podium  not asking for her freedom .  Stay safe 

I asked in a different thread a few weeks ago if NS says one thing and BJ says another who will the Scots listen too? Who holds the power?

26 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I asked in a different thread a few weeks ago if NS says one thing and BJ says another who will the Scots listen too? Who holds the power?

A good question , but it should not be political. And I belive strongly  that's what it is . Will be interesting to see what happens in the next few days . To see what other parties up here,  put the pressure  on her . It should be a united decision  not a deviding one . Time will tell . She is stubborn  .

8 minutes ago, AVB said:

You are putting too much emphasis on being paid. One definition of employed is 'to keep occupied'. If you have been requested to perform pest control, and hence is critical, then I believe you are fulfilling the criteria. 

I understand your comment, and did consider this. However, in the context of the bulletin it is not "occupied".The remainder of the bulletin is a clear warning.   

12 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

A good question , but it should not be political. And I belive strongly  that's what it is . Will be interesting to see what happens in the next few days . To see what other parties up here,  put the pressure  on her . It should be a united decision  not a deviding one . Time will tell . She is stubborn  .

United is not a word recognised by nichola, Scotland is all about her and power. Division is her policy and hatred is her policy and always will be because she believes that will deliver what she craves.

16 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

She is something else besides stubborn , but its not possible to say on here.

She is loosing the edge she seemed to get with the results after the election. Not seen any polls but imagine she is loosing popularity. I do not think points scoring at this time, will make friends and influence people, that goes for sturgeon or  starmer .

Edited by lancer425

54 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

It might be worth those interested in these Updates, to watch Parliament Tv Boris Johnson delivering a statement.  "On news channel list " it is on at 3,30PM today.

I am optimistic we will get some good news. CPSA website today also seems to suggest a positive outcome 🤞

6 minutes ago, turbo33 said:

I understand your comment, and did consider this. However, in the context of the bulletin it is not "occupied".The remainder of the bulletin is a clear warning.   

Yes it is just simply that - a threat. They don't want you shooting, but, considering the stance taken by other forces and the woolliness of their advice, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on if it went to court. This is where BASC have let us down badly. They should be robustly challenging forces like yours.

I won't be renewing my BASC membership. 

54 minutes ago, Mice! said:

It`s been interesting to watch people here in Scotland over the past 2-3 weeks. Most have been adhereing to the rules but cracks are appearing, I have seen several neighbours openly disregarding the rules, children stopping at Grannies bungalow, friends coming round and into homes. Perhaps it will get worse with the differences and people will say "They can do it there why can`t I?"

It`ll be nice to get a bit more normality into my life, but I want to be safe and I don`t want to pass it on neither.

25 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

good question , but it should not be political. And I belive strongly  that's what it is .

Its absolutely political,  same with going straight to Starmer yesterday after Boris gave his speech.

It would be nice if everyone was singing from the same sheet but they rarely are.

It would also be interesting if Boris told NS to tow the line, but I'm sure that would be done behind closed doors 

2 minutes ago, henry d said:

It`ll be nice to get a bit more normality into my life, but I want to be safe and I don`t want to pass it on neither.

The cracks are everywhere,  it's the lack of definite rules that's causing it, and yesterday's announcement didn't help.

11 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

I am optimistic we will get some good news. CPSA website today also seems to suggest a positive outcome 🤞

I think we will be back on, Need to go foxing, and some crows to dissolve. But not noticed  much pigeon activity today. It was cool today first thing, i acctualy used my new to me freelander 2 first time today i had it about 5 week just sat on drive from being delivered.  Think we are not supposed to use cars to travel to exercise but , after last nights update i thought i would risk it, but wont do anything until wednesday now.  .

Edited by lancer425

6 minutes ago, AVB said:

Yes it is just simply that - a threat. They don't want you shooting, but, considering the stance taken by other forces and the woolliness of their advice, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on if it went to court. This is where BASC have let us down badly. They should be robustly challenging forces like yours.

I won't be renewing my BASC membership. 

My BASC renewal is sitting on the desk. For many reasons along with yours, I am looking at alternatives.

8 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

Well looking at the 60 page document it says sports like angling and tennis can continue.  Surely shooting in all its outdoors format could reasonably argued to fit into that bracket.

Fishing and shooting are pretty much the same ish, tennis you need two people but you could play with family. 

I'm sure someone put basketball earlier which makes no sense. 

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Fishing and shooting are pretty much the same ish, tennis you need two people but you could play with family. 

I imagine the reason 'shooting' wasn't mentioned is because it's not PC. I do respect how Boris has handled this but he's not going to rock any boats by using the S word.

6 minutes ago, Mice! said:

This is a classic example of us needing BASC to be on it and advise with speed.

9 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

I imagine the reason 'shooting' wasn't mentioned is because it's not PC. I do respect how Boris has handled this but he's not going to rock any boats by using the S word.

No need to mention sitting by a lake or in a hide are near enough.

I'd never expected individual sports to be mentioned,  bigger fish to fry.

6 minutes ago, Mice! said:

No need to mention sitting by a lake or in a hide are near enough.

I'd never expected individual sports to be mentioned,  bigger fish to fry.

No, me either. As others have said it should be done to common sense, but look where that got us 😂

Just seen McDonalds have been give the green light to open up all its drive throughs in the UK if the government can do that.

Why in Wales can’t we go shooting and fishing it looks like it’s coming down the welch government making there own rules

on somethings but not on others we get more fresh air and  exercise shooting and fishing then sitting in a car waiting to get 

for junk food.

It makes my blood boil.

13 minutes ago, snow white said:

Just seen McDonalds have been give the green light to open up all its drive throughs in the UK if the government can do that.

Why in Wales can’t we go shooting and fishing it looks like it’s coming down the welch government making there own rules

on somethings but not on others we get more fresh air and  exercise shooting and fishing then sitting in a car waiting to get 

for junk food.

It makes my blood boil.

Common sense doesn't include getting fresh air. 

2 hours ago, AVB said:

This is where BASC have let us down badly. They should be robustly challenging forces like yours.

Agree, BASC should have been proactive on this from the start, instead of largely repeating the 'Stay home...' message. They should have been acting for members who, rightly or wrongly, wanted to know where they stood and if they could carry on with pest control. They could have used their staff to contact each police force and ask for a written statement, which could then be published for all members. Very straightforward, proactive and would have been appreciated by members.