Sir Tom

Mice!

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, rather Tom than some poncy celebrity, we never hear what the NHS charities do with the money ? and why do NHS staff need charity money, but it does show the generosity of people in the UK and beyond

Apparently they are quite restricted on what they can do with the money. They can’t use it for actual clinical care. I heard that some of it was being used to buy iPads to enable patients to keep in contact with family during isolation and mental health counselling for staff. 

1 hour ago, AVB said:

Apparently they are quite restricted on what they can do with the money. They can’t use it for actual clinical care. I heard that some of it was being used to buy iPads to enable patients to keep in contact with family during isolation and mental health counselling for staff. 

hello, well i reckon the 4 NHS charities must have got 50 million between them, it was not meant for i Pads for patients or anything for patients.  it is meant for the welfare of all NHS staff but more for the nurses and ancillary staff, 1 hospital was funded with a R and R area with garden/tables/chairs/ over head cover, i just hope these 4 charities are better than the 4 that look after X service people with PTSD 170 millions and still 100s of the latter still suffering

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, well i reckon the 4 NHS charities must have got 50 million between them, it was not meant for i Pads for patients or anything for patients.  it is meant for the welfare of all NHS staff but more for the nurses and ancillary staff, 1 hospital was funded with a R and R area with garden/tables/chairs/ over head cover, i just hope these 4 charities are better than the 4 that look after X service people with PTSD 170 millions and still 100s of the latter still suffering

From the BBC website. 

Donations since the pandemic started have been used to help set up wellbeing spaces in hospitals. These include sleep pods, reclining chairs and so-called "wobble rooms" - areas where staff have a safe space to release emotions after a traumatic experience, such as losing a patient.

Wellbeing packs including everyday items such as porridge, tea or hand cream have also been given to staff, which one charity member said was "like a hug in a box".

The money has also helped pay for electronic tablets that allow patients who are in isolation in hospital to have contact with their friends and family.

In the long term, the funds will be used in planning to allow people to leave hospital quicker and safely, and also provide mental health support for staff and volunteers involved in dealing with the pandemic.

6 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Simon would be saying Marm I could sort that for you . 

OR, Maaarm, who looks after your sword because they need sacking. I could do a much better job:good:

Lovely picture of Col. Tom on the front of the Telegraph this morning.  Great guy and we need a few more like him.

On 20/05/2020 at 10:56, johnphilip said:

Simon would be saying Marm I could sort that for you . 

On 20/05/2020 at 17:10, Walker570 said:

OR, Maaarm, who looks after your sword because they need sacking. I could do a much better job:good:

Buckingham Palace protocol (c1990) directed that ‘the Queen should be addressed as “Ma’am” (to rhyme with jam).’