Demonstrations in london

TRINITY

1 minute ago, clangerman said:

how in any way shape or form is shoving a old age pensioner to the ground a accident what sort of sicko leaves someone old unconscious and bleeding on the floor no wonder we have riots 

Surely its about context,  looking at the picture this old guy hasn't been battoned and clubbed to the floor,  the two police in front of him are in body armour like all the others around them.

Why go and stand in the way? There is obviously something going on?

And there are probably medics behind.

What's in the old guys hand?

The list could be endless. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, AVB said:

The problem with the statement ‘Black Lives Matter’ is that it interpreted differently depending on your circumstances. The same with the (stupid) ‘house on fire’ analogy. You are a poor white family, living in the breadline, perhaps lost job due to CV-19. To them their ‘house is on Fire’ and they interpret it that black lives/‘houses’ are more important than theirs. 

Absolutely agree on the different interpretations. Why, in your opinion though, is the house on fire analogy stupid? 

Another one I heard was in relation to a funeral but I won't waste my time.

16 minutes ago, clangerman said:

it’s been on but nobody wants to mention it watched a 75yr old man on sky prog last night smashed backwards to the ground by the police left unconscious blood pouring from his head as the bullies with badges stepped over him prime example this has been caused by the police 

First off , he wasnt smashed (snip,AVB beat me to it)

18 minutes ago, AVB said:

I don’t know why the left him. Perhaps it’s the role of the cops behind the front line to ‘mop up’? 

In other videos , the national guardsman with the cops were attending to him.

7 minutes ago, clangerman said:

how in any way shape or form is shoving a old age pensioner to the ground a accident what sort of sicko leaves someone old unconscious and bleeding on the floor no wonder we have riots 

Youve dropped a bit of a clanger there man, this WAS a riot , and the gentleman was about 15 yards in front of a group of baton wielding , helmeted antifa/BLM looking to lock horns with the cops.
You make it sound like the cops just beat him to the ground, so I think youre seeing what you want to see.

Either way , you put yourself in harms way, expect to get harmed .

Just now, Mice! said:

Surely its about context,  looking at the picture this old guy hasn't been battoned and clubbed to the floor,  the two police in front of him are in body armour like all the others around them.

Why go and stand in the way? There is obviously something going on?

And there are probably medics behind.

What's in the old guys hand?

The list could be endless. 

I agree it's about context. We have no idea what is going on around that scene although he appears to be the only person in the immediate the vicinity. Regardless of all the potential if, buts and maybes this does build on the notion that a US policeman has little regard for the well-being of a member of the public to whom they are employed to protect and serve, which is actually the real issue the Police in the US seem to have, regardless of race, sex, age or other defining characteristics.

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

First off , he wasnt smashed (snip,AVB beat me to it)

In other videos , the national guardsman with the cops were attending to him.

Youve dropped a bit of a clanger there man, this WAS a riot , and the gentleman was about 15 yards in front of a group of baton wielding , helmeted antifa/BLM looking to lock horns with the cops.
You make it sound like the cops just beat him to the ground, so I think youre seeing what you want to see.

Either way , you put yourself in harms way, expect to get harmed .

that is the slowest moving riot i ever seen then if a 75yr old pensioner is any threat to a hoard of riot police they need to resign if this your grand father would you be ok he’s ended up in that state 

I note that someone called Anthony Joshua has called for people only to spend money in black owned shops and businesses.

If someone had called for people to only spend money in white owned businesses - they would probably been charged with racial discrimination!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-8425483/Tyson-Fury-blasts-Anthony-Joshuas-bull-Black-Lives-Matter-speech.html

Just now, JohnfromUK said:

I note that someone called Anthony Joshua has called for people only to spend money in black owned shops and businesses.

If someone had called for people to only spend money in white owned businesses - they would probably been charged with racial discrimination!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-8425483/Tyson-Fury-blasts-Anthony-Joshuas-bull-Black-Lives-Matter-speech.html

Discussed on the Lewis Hamilton thread about a week again John.

Article on 5 live today with an Emeritus Professor talking about the latest report that the government has commissioned on the disproportionate impact of Covid on BAME groups. 

He said that the reason why most of these groups die is quite simple and did not require a study of DNA, it was simply a factor that they struggled to socialy distance, that they were most likely to work in front line manual jobs, and that they were disproportionately effected by poverty.  When asked what we can do about it he suggested that the first thing to do would be to translate the key findings into BAME languages. A lack of knowledge amongst the communities about the impact and transmission of the disease had contributed to the increased death rate. 

This seems to me to be a clear demonstration of how institutional racism plays out in real life. All straight forward until he suggested that it does not apply to those of a chinese ethnic background? 

6 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Discussed on the Lewis Hamilton thread about a week again John.

I'm not keeping up!

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

This seems to me to be a clear demonstration of how institutional racism plays out in real life.

Why then have far more BAME doctors been badly affected?  I understand that a much larger number of medical personnel from BAME backgrounds have been badly affected/died compared to white.  I assume that they all have a broadly similar salary package/working conditions?

30 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

little regard for the well-being of a member of the public

But it's a picture? We don't know what's been said, they could have repeatedly told him to move away? They haven't clubbed him to the ground.

One of the videos I saw yesterday was really bad, a big white bloke being repeatedly hit with a stick by a black policeman,  think they had tasered him already,  he was just stood there with his hands, up, I've no idea what was going on.

Was that the other way around it would have been in every paper, but it could be an old video someone has posted?

36 minutes ago, clangerman said:

that is the slowest moving riot i ever seen then if a 75yr old pensioner is any threat to a hoard of riot police they need to resign if this your grand father would you be ok he’s ended up in that state 

Problem in the US is most people have a gun, a 75 year old can pull the trigger as easy as anyone.

I would not like to-be a cop in the US, wondering if your next stop is going to blow you away.

Just now, old'un said:

Problem in the US is most people have a gun, a 75 year old can pull the trigger as easy as anyone.

I would not like to-be a cop in the US, wondering if your next stop is going to blow you away.

how can he be a threat he’s alone for one outnumbered by about twenty full armed cops the biggest danger is to those they stop we are in this mess because they keep killing people out of hand 

Just now, clangerman said:

how can he be a threat he’s alone for one outnumbered by about twenty full armed cops the biggest danger is to those they stop we are in this mess because they keep killing people out of hand 

WE are NOT in this mess! America is.

22 minutes ago, oowee said:

struggled to socialy distance, that they were most likely to work in front line manual jobs,

Would they be the front line manual jobs like the thousands of supermarket workers who haven't gone down with the virus?

As for struggling with social distancing,  a lot do from all backgrounds, but many of the groups mentioned live in small houses with multi generation families,  certainly not a good start for keeping their distance. 

26 minutes ago, oowee said:

This seems to me to be a clear demonstration of how institutional racism plays out in real life. All straight forward until he suggested that it does not apply to those of a chinese ethnic background? 

Not sure I follow this? Maybe the Chinese just understand it more?

11 minutes ago, old'un said:

That's a very good point, doesn't matter how many armed police are behind you if a nutter is happy to shoot you in the face.

So glad I'm not in America. 

59 minutes ago, clangerman said:

Weirdly enough , they did resign , over the sacking of the 2 officers, about 60 of them.

probably some who needed to be fired were jumping before they are  pushed 

Olympic level "Jumping to a silly conclusion". No facts, no trial - just guilty. You couldn't make it up.

Why are some totally opposed to the Police? Hardly compatible with being a licence holder.

2 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Olympic level "Jumping to a silly conclusion". No facts, no trial - just guilty. You couldn't make it up.

Why are some totally opposed to the Police? Hardly compatible with being a licence holder.

nothing wrong with the police SOME do a outstanding job problem is they hire some idiots who should never be given a firearm or a badge 

25 minutes ago, clangerman said:

so am i you can get choked to death by the police shot by them when your unarmed or tazered when your clearly complying 

Excluding the choking those things have happened here as well, but there is a lot less chance of being shot in a riot.

16 minutes ago, discobob said:

image.png.4d35448dfca2c708ea5f9dd3b85cc97d.png

Of course they matter - unless there is a discount on some trainers!!

Are the people in the queue just arrogant (the law does not apply to them) or are they just not bothered about catching the C-19 virus.