The law doesn't apply to politicians

JohnfromUK

18 hours ago, treetree said:

A pretty feeble excuse to see the salami slicing away of your civil liberties and rights. Masks today, what tomorrow?

Why are prople going along with something so intrusive for what there is no scientific evidence to support? Honestly, wearing a damp old piece of t-shirt loosely around your face to 'protects you from sub-microscopic particles. Its madness and people are just going along with it.

It doesn’t both me to wear a mask, if it helps to slow and rid us of the virus to all the better. I wear a mask everyday at work, three different types to be honest, if I didn’t then it would make me ill. I can’t “wish away” the fumes, itS part of my PPE. 
 You don’t have to wear a mask pal, but I’d suggest asking your witch doctor or flat earth chums what they think is best. In the mean time if you want to be a div, stay home and enjoy your crayons.

Edited by Pistol p

18 hours ago, treetree said:

A pretty feeble excuse to see the salami slicing away of your civil liberties and rights. Masks today, what tomorrow?

Why are prople going along with something so intrusive for what there is no scientific evidence to support? Honestly, wearing a damp old piece of t-shirt loosely around your face to 'protects you from sub-microscopic particles. Its madness and people are just going along with it.

I can understand where you’re coming from; and as a single bloke I regard the wearing of crash hats, seat belts, the wearing of a mask etc as an affront to my freedom of choice, but certainly not as a ‘severe restriction to my civil liberties and rights’. 
But I’m not a single bloke;  I have two kids whom I used to strap into their seats when small, and would insist wore crash hats if on motorcycles. I wouldn’t be too happy if someone was smoking fags in a room they were occupying either, and I won’t be too happy if people who enter the respective shops where my son and daughter work refuse to wear one. 
I’ll wear a mask because I don’t want to take this virus home to them, regardless of the fact the wearing of masks seemingly made little difference to the people of a country who have been wearing masks for donkies years, in a country where all this started. 
It’s only a temporary measure and if you don’t want to wear one then don’t, but you won’t get served. 

27 minutes ago, Pistol p said:

It doesn’t both me to wear a mask, if it helps to slow and rid us of the virus to all the better. I wear a mask everyday at work, three different types to be honest, if I didn’t then it would make me ill. I can’t “wish away” the fumes, itS part of my PPE. 
 You don’t have to wear a mask pal, but I’d suggest asking your witch doctor or flat earth chums what they think is best. In the mean time if you want to be a div, stay home and enjoy your crayons.

Ah, debating at its finest; a false analogy where the use of ppe is of provable and irrefutable use, the conflation of this issue with some bizarre conspiracy theories, and of course the ad hominem attack.

You've convinced me with your clear and rational argument.

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

It’s only a temporary measure and if you don’t want to wear one then don’t, but you won’t get served. 

And I'm in no way looking to cause a scene; if I'm asked to leave I will do so without fuss or grievance.

How long is temporary? Can they keep on invoking this 'temporary' measure? What if they ask you to wear gloves in the supermarket next? And if they extend mask wearing to work, pub, clubs or even to leave your house?

26 minutes ago, treetree said:

How long is temporary? Can they keep on invoking this 'temporary' measure? What if they ask you to wear gloves in the supermarket next? And if they extend mask wearing to work, pub, clubs or even to leave your house?

Your guess is as good as mine, but it isn’t practical to go on indefinitely, especially in the places you mention above.

People will object eventually to wearing them for journeys on trains and aircraft for example, and if you have to take them off to eat and drink then what’s the point? The novelty will wear off and mass non-compliance will take care of the rest.
Don’t fret about it; believe me, no one is more of a dissenter of authority than me. Just let it run it’s course, it won’t take long. 🙂

13 minutes ago, Scully said:

Your guess is as good as mine, but it isn’t practical to go on indefinitely, especially in the places you mention above.

People will object eventually to wearing them for journeys on trains and aircraft for example, and if you have to take them off to eat and drink then what’s the point? The novelty will wear off and mass non-compliance will take care of the rest.
Don’t fret about it; believe me, no one is more of a dissenter of authority than me. Just let it run it’s course, it won’t take long. 🙂

:good::good::good:

TreeTree, i get where you are coming from and I also share many of your concerns in respect to quite how willingly we are prepared to cede liberties just because the law says so.  There seems to be little questioning of whether it is good or bad law, just this quiet acquiescence.  As these laws are being built on the back of the prevailing public moral conscience and righteousness it is also very hard to stand against that.

What has alarmed me is the number of things i'm seeing on social media that could be described as mask fascism, dedicated hotlines and email addresses setup for anonymous reporting of mask/distancing violations.  The public shaming and outing of folk on social media with pictures being shared and trying to identify people who are non conforming.

I find all of that very insidious and shows that it really doesn't take all that much to manipulate the masses into a worrying behaviour.

I also appreciate that the circumstance of this disease has left a great many people frightened, in some cases rightly so, and in that respect when i go into a shop i wear a face covering, not because i believe it is effective, but out of respect and courtesy for the people that work in the shop and those other customers who take confidence from it, falsely or otherwise.

If some one wants to test the effectiveness of a mask for what its purpose is it this case just put one on and spit at you're hand. 

If covering my face helps get a few more of us through this virus and back to a more normal way of life count me in. 

I have to wear a mask, gloves x 2 pairs, goggles,  wellies, and a water proof suit for some bits of my work and its not much fun in warm weather. Once finished i have to wash down with disinfectant to protect against TB and I'm one of the 20% or so that are immune to it, but i could still spread it  to others people or animals. So I really can't see way some people are so against putting a mask on to go in a shop

23 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Why would anybody not choose to wear a mask? Why do we look both ways before crossing the road? why do we wash our hands after taking a dump? why do we brush our teeth?  why do we lock the back door before going to bed?

^^^ This

People have been moaning that the Government were slow to act. Then they act and the same people grumble that they are being told to wear a mask. 

I don't care about the health of those who chose to flout the law, providing they don't seek medical help if they contract the virus or come anywhere near me or my family.

12 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I don't care about the health of those who chose to flout the law, providing they don't seek medical help if they contract the virus

But we all know they will ....... if they get ill

12 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

or come anywhere near me or my family.

and sadly - if it does happen - you will very probably not know about it because spreaders can show no symptoms

6 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

All those idiots who went to Spain, how many of those are going to self isolate when they get back? If they were stupid enough to go in the first place they are not likely to be people with much of a social concience.

What utter nonsense.

PW self righteous and judgemental tripe at its best.