I have symptoms.

fatchap

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Cough and temperature of 37.9, got a test booked today at 12 noon. It feels more like flu, as I ache like hell. but wife says get tested just to be on the safe side.

Hate the test. Make me want to chuck up

I feel pretty rough today - headache and full of cold. No temperature though, no dry cough and no loss of taste or smell.

I rang the testing centre/NHS and they said they wouldn’t test me unless on of the three main symptoms was present.

I rarely see anyone so I’ll just keep myself to myself.

1 hour ago, fatchap said:

Cough and temperature of 37.9, got a test booked today at 12 noon. It feels more like flu, as I ache like hell. but wife says get tested just to be on the safe side.

Hate the test. Make me want to chuck up

Wish you well. Go get tested if you feel up for it. The test centre is in the middle of the Hill so can't be too far away from you. 

I can only assume if it is Covid then I caught it at work. We have had seven go down with it in the last week 2 in the office and 5 drivers. 

All my boss has in place is a temperature reader on the wall which must all use when we first walk in. He makes us wear masks in the warehouse loading area but nobody in the office wears them, as apparently customers can't hear them properly over the phone. Yet 2 have gone down with it and he has still done nothing. He should have barriers up between the desks. 

Biggest lie was yesterday, when 2 office staff went for a test, one was the sister of one of the confirmed cases, They both came back to work after the test which they should have stayed off till they got the results. And then miraculously had a negative result an hour later. We think it was just a ploy to put peoples minds at rest. But anyone who is anyone knows it takes up to 48 to get the results, not an hour.

5 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Have to have a home test now as my son has come back positive. Self Isolating again. 

Work seems to think I can go back tomorrow as I HAVEN'T TESTED POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE???? What website are they looking at?

I think i remember previous posts about your employer being a bit of a bully, im sure you can access Gov. web site regarding Coving work rules etc, he is inviting a hefty clout from HSE by ignoring the Covid rules, 1st fine is 1k subsequent fines can go up to 10k i am sure. You and your so called boss have a legal obligation to have a care of duty to ALL staff. 

A pity you so called manager boss cant contract Covid and end up in ICU for a few weeks, he sounds a proper ( fill in what your thinking)

I'm guessing the company is busy and ignoring Covid, if you think your displaying symptoms then you are supposed to stay home and take a test, if you just carry on as normal all you are doing is spreading,  which is obviously what's going on where work.

7 people getting covid in a week is a serious thing in the work place, despite what many think.

Hopefully you test negative,  my brother was exactly the same a few weeks ago. 

Run up to Christmas is always busy as building sites off hire equipment as they don't want it left on site for two weeks. 

Heard on the grapevine yesterday a few drivers are not happy with the situation and are refusing to enter the warehouse. 

I'm not back now to the new year as my son has tested positive, that did not go down well. As I was told to have my test come in afterwards asked not to say why I was off and carry on like nothing has happened. When I get my results they will make a decision from there.

Also when filling out the details for a home test as they did with the walk in center test, my boss asked me not to fill in the box where I work he doesn't realise you have no choice its not optional

Its all about the money, us drivers are treated like second class citizens, With the office staff being the stars of the show, the workshop and warehouse a close second. But without us he wouldn't have a business. 

1 hour ago, fatchap said:

Run up to Christmas is always busy as building sites off hire equipment as they don't want it left on site for two weeks. 

Heard on the grapevine yesterday a few drivers are not happy with the situation and are refusing to enter the warehouse. 

I'm not back now to the new year as my son has tested positive, that did not go down well. As I was told to have my test come in afterwards asked not to say why I was off and carry on like nothing has happened. When I get my results they will make a decision from there.

Also when filling out the details for a home test as they did with the walk in center test, my boss asked me not to fill in the box where I work he doesn't realise you have no choice its not optional

Its all about the money, us drivers are treated like second class citizens, With the office staff being the stars of the show, the workshop and warehouse a close second. But without us he wouldn't have a business. 

Totally wrong,  if I come on site knowingly with symptoms I could be sacked, the idea of going for a test then back to work is ridiculous. 

They need to get to the bottom of who is spreading it around or how its being passed around. 

2 or more cases in a workplace is classed as an outbreak, and your employer should be reporting this, and working with the local EH authorities to review processes, mitigating actions, and a plan moving forwards. For an employer taking this seriously, this is usually a constructive process.

To my suprise, it's also classed as a RIDDOR incident, and will need reporting under that umbrella also.

Edited by Smokersmith

I had none of the symptoms other than fatigue, no temperature, cough loss of taste etc. Just feeling generally rough but still able to function. I went for a test which came back positive , wife and kids all negative but 3 three were complaining of headaches and tiredness the week prior to my test.

The infection rate in the south east is really high and I can see why. I took my youngest to swimming lessons last night, our isolation period finished last weekend., I filled the Covid forms in and after the initial shock and explaining that I wasn't a risk to anyone in the waiting area the truth starts to come out. At least half of the parents confessed to having symptoms similar to mine in recent weeks and have chosen to put it down as something else, rather than getting tested, then carried on moving around as normal. 

In my view testing rates will drop significantly from now until the new year as people won't want to test positive and have to isolate over the festive period.   

2 hours ago, shalfordninja33 said:

In my view testing rates will drop significantly from now until the new year as people won't want to test positive and have to isolate over the festive period.   

Spot on I'd imagine,  so a nice present waiting for grannies.

Hope your feeling better, friends have said they still felt lethargic for weeks afterwards. 

7 hours ago, fatchap said:

Update.. 2 more today, one of the workshop staff and the Transport manager all had high temperatures when checked this morning. that's 9 now.

Wow, they are in serious denial,  I've no idea how they are still open.

No doubt all those that say things should just carry on and the at risk isolate would be happy working in this environment?