Walker570

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, oscarsdad said:

Bonkers, we canโ€™t go fishing alone, outside but we could go inside a mosque with 99 others...

Hello, I agree, was going piking with son, but the trout fishery is on a big farm complex. Shop, pick your own, garden centre, and picnic area overlooking lakes and I dare say some ****** will complain or phone the plod๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜

7 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I agree, was going piking with son, but the trout fishery is on a big farm complex. Shop, pick your own, garden centre, and picnic area overlooking lakes and I dare say some ****** will complain or phone the plod๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜

Anglers not happy at all; loads of comments following the Angling Trust comment on FB.ย 

ย 

Just now, Scully said:

Anglers not happy at all; loads of comments following the Angling Trust comment on FB.ย 

ย 

Hello Scully, not on FB but see the AT web site via another forum, can't see a problem if it's a short drive or walk to river/canal/ lake, there's a fishery near with 8 lakes and 100s go fishing every week, going to loose a lot of money,ย 

A mate was playing โ€˜cricketโ€™ with his 14 year old son today in Victoria park, London (by playing cricket basically doing catching practise with a bat and ball) and was threatened with a ยฃ1,000 fine by the local nazis. Apparently very aggressive and in his face,ย and Pete,ย the dad,ย is the most laid back person I know (artist by trade). Definitely a change in behaviour from them.ย 

27 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello Scully, not on FB but see the AT web site via another forum, can't see a problem if it's a short drive or walk to river/canal/ lake, there's a fishery near with 8 lakes and 100s go fishing every week, going to loose a lot of money,ย 

A mate is a postman, he commented that he works in a busy sortingย room with about 70 other folk but canโ€™t go fishing onย his own. I can see his point really.ย 

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

A mate is a postman, he commented that he works in a busy sortingย room with about 70 other folk but canโ€™t go fishing onย his own. I can see his point really.ย 

Can absolutely see his point,ย  but it's just trying to treat everyone the same, how long before other sports started complaining,ย  if they can fish I'm playing golf?

But I'm sure people fish out of the way?

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Can absolutely see his point,ย  but it's just trying to treat everyone the same, how long before other sports started complaining,ย  if they can fish I'm playing golf?

35 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Iโ€™m sure they do too, as well as shoot.ย 
I seriously doubtย itโ€™ll stop him fishing.ย 

17 hours ago, Scully said:

I read a similar post about cycling and a few things I hadn't thought about in the replies made sense;

Basically if your hobbyย isn't "on your doorstep" then what if something goes wrong (vehicle accident, mechanical breakdown or medical emergency) it would result in other people having to travel further to help,ย now while the chances are remote (to say the least) any one of these people could catch/spread covid or worst case be diverted from helping other people due to the nature of the problem.

1 hour ago, Deker said:

I read a similar post about cycling and a few things I hadn't thought about in the replies made sense;

Basically if your hobbyย isn't "on your doorstep" then what if something goes wrong (vehicle accident, mechanical breakdown or medical emergency) it would result in other people having to travel further to help,ย now while the chances are remote (to say the least) any one of these people could catch/spread covid or worst case be diverted from helping other people due to the nature of the problem.

That does make sense.ย The emergency services doesnโ€™t travel from the area you startedย from. If you have an accident 1 mile from home or 20 miles from home the emergency services probably have to travel a similar distance to get to you.ย 

1 hour ago, AVB said:

That does make sense.ย The emergency services doesnโ€™t travel from the area you startedย from. If you have an accident 1 mile from home or 20 miles from home the emergency services probably have to travel a similar distance to get to you.ย 

Only if you live at the Fire Station or the Ambulance Station or you guessed it the Police Station!:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Deker said:

Like you said...the chances are remote.ย 
ย 

You can shoot in england now

ย 

In light of the government providing greater clarity on its Covid-19 guidance and regulations, BASC is advising that outdoor shooting activities as a form of exercise are permissible once per day in England during the national lockdown, subject to two conditions.

1. You should only travel locally to shoot which is to โ€œstay local in the village, town, or part of the city where you liveโ€ as defined in government guidance.
  2. When shooting you should only meet with people you live with, your support bubble; or when on your own, with one person from another household.

If you cannot comply with these conditions, then you must not shoot as a form of exercise. To do so would place you at risk of a fine and may jeopardise your shotgun and/or firearm certificate. If you have no local shooting available then you will have to take your daily exercise in other ways.

ย 

But it beggars belief what the hell is wrong with wales