Singing from the same sheet.

Scully

Isn’t it about time all the mainland UK nations started doing this regarding Covid? 
Have just been informed by my daughter that provisional driving instruction in England isn’t allowed, but is in Scotland and Wales. 🤷‍♂️
I can’t think of the logic behind this, can you? 

We should have formed a national task force underwritten by the UK cheque book. Unfortunately vanity would not allow our UK PM to recognise his role as one of four when the four nations have devolved powers. There are so many pointers screaming from the sidelines that the current UK constitution is not it for purpose be it in the light of the pandemic, Brexit or the next issue of sovereignty.

It will take a bold and wise Pm to resolve the current instability in a structured and coherent fashion for the good of UK plc. Much more likely to happen by default.

56 minutes ago, Scully said:

Isn’t it about time all the mainland UK nations started doing this regarding Covid? 
Have just been informed by my daughter that provisional driving instruction in England isn’t allowed, but is in Scotland and Wales. 🤷‍♂️

you cannot have lessons in scotland.

9 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

you cannot have lessons in scotland.

I know, you can’t in England either, and as far as I know, in Wales either, but you can have lessons with a family member from the same household in both Scotland and Wales but not England. Unless I’ve read it wrong. 
Sorry, for the sake of clarity, you cannot have formal driving lessons with a driving instructor in England Wales or Scotland, but you can have driving lessons with a family member from the same household in Wales and Scotland but not England. My apologies for the confusion. 

Edited by Scully

2 hours ago, oscarsdad said:

Yes it is - the British Prime minister is in charge. The Welsh and Scots need to accept that and stop points scoring 

1 hour ago, Dave at kelton said:

As soon as power was devolved by Blair we were on a downhill slope. The devolved administrations will do whatever they can to be different to Westminster, as a matter of principal.

Both hitting nails on the head. 

6 hours ago, Scully said:

I know, you can’t in England either, and as far as I know, in Wales either, but you can have lessons with a family member from the same household in both Scotland and Wales but not England. Unless I’ve read it wrong. 
Sorry, for the sake of clarity, you cannot have formal driving lessons with a driving instructor in England Wales or Scotland, but you can have driving lessons with a family member from the same household in Wales and Scotland but not England. My apologies for the confusion. 

what part of stay at home non esintial etc stay at home   poss acident  hospital and other services stretched      my daughter had a test booked end of march  no lessons maybe this march  or december     if your counions is clear go for it  and its not you asked the question 

4 hours ago, Saltings said:

what part of stay at home non esintial etc stay at home   poss acident  hospital and other services stretched      my daughter had a test booked end of march  no lessons maybe this march  or december     if your counions is clear go for it  and its not you asked the question 

It doesn’t effect me, although it does my daughter. My point was that there appears to be no logic behind the decision, as the risk of accident would have applied equally in all three countries I would have thought, if that is indeed the reasoning behind it? Who knows? 

On 10/01/2021 at 18:37, Scully said:

Just diversity given in the spirit of bonhomie after a gargantuan boozy lunch? 

On 10/01/2021 at 19:07, Dave at kelton said:

As soon as power was devolved by Blair we were on a downhill slope. The devolved administrations will do whatever they can to be different to Westminster, as a matter of principal.

Yes and we will never let them go as fully as we should!