covid has caught me.

mel b3

10 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Or is the texture similar.

Buy her a Panasonic breadmaker. They are brilliant. 👍👍

I've no idea why she wants to make bread , she rarely eats it , and I can't eat it because I'm a fat lump 😆 , I think the covid is taking its toll on her , she'll start using the vacuum cleaner next 😅.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Or is the texture similar.

Buy her a Panasonic breadmaker. They are brilliant. 👍👍

I use a bread machine to do the mixing but prove and bake in the oven in proper tins. 

25 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Whats a vacuum cleaner. 🤷‍♀️

Very useful in the workshop for dust extraction 😳

On 12/01/2021 at 17:40, Dave-G said:

There's been something said (way back near the beginning I think) that the danger of covid is due to the immune system rushing in too hard to attack the virus that it overwhelms the body - or better said words to that effect.

So it MIGHT be that a weakened immune system can be a bit of help. I hope so because my immune system is well fubared with all the antibiotics I've taken over the last few years of constantly recurring chest infections.

I may have completely misunderstood the above so have more tinfoil on standby.

Good news Mel. 

Although I fear not, I hope you're right as I'm on 150mg of Azathioprine a day.

daily covid 19 update from tipton.

sorry im late guys , ive been looking for a review site so that i can leave covid 19 some negative feedback :mad:.

lin is stubbornly taking the "im fine" route . despite being awake for most of the night , she still did the washing this morning and went to work as normal  . she looks and sounds really ill , so im guessing that its just a matter of time before she crashes . at the moment she is just too stubborn to admit that i was right .

ive had another pretty rough night . the nightmares were constant as i slept , and several times when i woke up , i could smell christmas , and my nan was in the room with me (my nan passed away around 40 years ago) . it was all a bit surreal , but i know that its just down to fever and dehydration from having the squits .

this mornings ablutions were rather challenging , the nausea got pretty extreme as i sat on the thunderbox , and i fainted and fell off , fortunately the sink broke my fall , and i landed on my dressing gown that id taken off because of the hot sweats , i had a brief " so this is how it all ends" moment , but i just laid still until id got my head together, and it passed . their was a small amount of blood on the bathroom floor , but i cant find any injuries on my body , so im calling it a miracle and claiming the win :cool:.

my morning shower was a mammoth test , i only brushed my bottom teeth , as i just didnt have the strength to do the top as well (i plan to alternate and do the tops tomorrow) ,  i couldn't actually wash myself , so i just stood there until i was wet all over , then sat back on the toilet with the towel over my head until id dripped dry . none of it was elegant , but im still taking the win.

i still couldnt manage socks today , and in all honesty , i couldnt manage underpants either , but i was able to get a clean t shirt , and spray on some deodorant , so things arent too bad.

i looked at myself in the bathroom mirror this morning , and said to myself " xxxx me son , you look dog rough " , then i remembered that i havent had a shave since before christmas , and looking like this is pretty normal for me.

all in , im feeling pretty grim , and ive had a few moments when ive felt worried that it was turning into something more sinister , but , im still able to sit here and type rubbish , so im in a much better situation than thousands of other people , so im still winning :yahoo:.

my niece has just called me . my younger sister was taken into hospital last night . an ambulance was called after she started vomiting blood . shes had covid for almost two weeks now , and the vomiting has been constant for her . the hospital have said that her oxygen levels are ok , and hopefully she will be coming home today.

im doing pretty well at getting fluids in to be honest , theyre just passing through like a bolt of lightning , im also eating very well , but again, its not staying inside for long.

a very funny thing . ive eaten some porridge (as well as my breakfast) for the last two mornings . the funny thing is that porridge is my kryptonite , i havent eaten it since i was forced to as a child , and just watching a porridge advert on the telly usually  makes me want to vomit. 

Well I have just got back from taking the dog for a walk, I have been taking him out everyday but just for short walks which he is not happy about as his sniffer does not get chance to warm up. Today felt pretty good so took him out for a longer walk. BIG MISTAKE!! well and truly overcooked it. Heading back I just didn't feel right, my eyesight went a bit wonky almost blurred, all light headed and my legs felt like they was going to go any second. Started to panic, breathing got harder, heart was doing back flips in my chest. I was thinking Gary your in the **** here mate. wrapped the dogs lead around my arm so if I did go over he wouldn't get off. Found somewhere to sit, Sitting down was even worse things started spinning. So I reached for the fags, Not smoked for nearly two weeks now but in all honesty it helped calmed me down. But was still in no condition to make it home. Rang the wife, told her where I was and she came and got us. I am shattered. I honestly thought I was over this carp. Obviously not.

Edited by fatchap

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

im doing pretty well at getting fluids in to be honest , theyre just passing through like a bolt of lightning , im also eating very well , but again, its not staying inside for long.

a very funny thing . ive eaten some porridge (as well as my breakfast) for the last two mornings . the funny thing is that porridge is my kryptonite , i havent eaten it since i was forced to as a child , and just watching a porridge advert on the telly usually  makes me want to vomit. 

Strange food cravings normally point to pregnancy!:w00t:

16 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Well I have just got back from taking the dog for a walk, I have been taking him out everyday but just for short walks which he is not happy about as his sniffer does not get chance to warm up. Today felt pretty good so took him out for a longer walk. BIG MISTAKE!! well and truly overcooked it. Heading back I just didn't feel right, my eyesight went a bit wonky almost blurred, all light headed and my legs felt like they was going to go any second. Started to panic, breathing got harder, heart was doing back flips in my chest. I was thinking Gary your in the **** here mate. wrapped the dogs lead around my arm so if I did go over he wouldn't get off. Found somewhere to sit, Sitting down was even worse things started spinning. So I reached for the fags, Not smoked for nearly two weeks now but in all honesty it helped calmed me down. But was still in no condition to make it home. Rang the wife, told her where I was and she came and got me. I am shattered. I honestly thought I was over this carp. Obviously not.

Really sorry to hear about you both and real glad I don't have it. It'd likely kill me with the way I get so many chest issues, bit scared ATM and contemplating a squirt or two of Ivermectin - tin foil hat stuff I know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@fatchapLast time I had something real awful it put me to bed about 15 years ago for five days. I was too ill to smoke and genuinely thought my time had come.

Day six came, like you feeling a bit better I took a puff of a cigarette. Ouch for two reasons: one - it tasted so awful - two I realised I'd gone five days without any craving for one! I've never smoked since and think the sickness did me a favour.

You have cracked it mate - almost two weeks without reaching for them?... exploit that - nuff said I think

1 hour ago, fatchap said:

Well I have just got back from taking the dog for a walk, I have been taking him out everyday but just for short walks which he is not happy about as his sniffer does not get chance to warm up. Today felt pretty good so took him out for a longer walk. BIG MISTAKE!! well and truly overcooked it. Heading back I just didn't feel right, my eyesight went a bit wonky almost blurred, all light headed and my legs felt like they was going to go any second. Started to panic, breathing got harder, heart was doing back flips in my chest. I was thinking Gary your in the **** here mate. wrapped the dogs lead around my arm so if I did go over he wouldn't get off. Found somewhere to sit, Sitting down was even worse things started spinning. So I reached for the fags, Not smoked for nearly two weeks now but in all honesty it helped calmed me down. But was still in no condition to make it home. Rang the wife, told her where I was and she came and got us. I am shattered. I honestly thought I was over this carp. Obviously not.

Don't be in to much of a hurry to get back to work Monday , by the sound of it you need more time to build your strength back up , there is a lot of people out there who have had a lot more time off work than you , so like I say , take it easy and get WELL SOON .

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Funny about the porridge. I had bad diarrhoea for weeks and nothing helped. I had been through the pharmacies repertoire. I spoke to the GP and they arranged a phone consult with someone at the local hospital. They suggested porridge. I put honey in it instead of sugar. Within a few days everything back to normal.

2 hours ago, fatchap said:

That's sounds rough mate. It's crazy how it comes and goes.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

@mel b3 you sound like you have the worst hangover ever fella, but your still managing to put together long coherent,  and I'm sorry but very funny posts, hope you start feeling better soon.

@fatchap I hope your on light duties Monday if that's possible fella?

You aren't to wide of the Mark there , it's like being absolutely blind drunk ,  and having the mother of all hangovers at the same time.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Strange food cravings normally point to pregnancy!:w00t:

Ditchman promised me that he'd taken precautions .

15 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Funny about the porridge. I had bad diarrhoea for weeks and nothing helped. I had been through the pharmacies repertoire. I spoke to the GP and they arranged a phone consult with someone at the local hospital. They suggested porridge. I put honey in it instead of sugar. Within a few days everything back to normal.

That might explain it . The toilet escapades and virus might have left me deficient in something or other .

Glad of your daily report and the wealth of information on the bug 🙁and good that you are improving 👍

another selfless member of PW doing your best to prepare the rest of us for what may happen 👍😊

altough you could be part of the conspiracy and making it all up ar you in league with fatchap? 🤔just saying like 😉

Wish I was making it all up, I can safely say Its been coming up to 4 weeks of hell. The actual covid is bearable, scary as well but the legacy that it leaves behind all I can say if your unlucky enough and it does drag out, don't underestimate it. It will bite. Really do enjoy walking my dog all over the woods and park walked a good few miles, out and about planning new projects in my head and solving problems with current knife projects, but after today I'm a bit reluctant to venture out again.

Edited by fatchap

17 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Glad of your daily report and the wealth of information on the bug 🙁and good that you are improving 👍

another selfless member of PW doing your best to prepare the rest of us for what may happen 👍😊

altough you could be part of the conspiracy and making it all up ar you in league with fatchap? 🤔just saying like 😉

I've been dreading getting it , I'm just surprised that its taken this long to be honest,  and I've been very glad for the info from the other pw guys that have had it . My input might just help other members feel less apprehensive when they get the text telling them that they've tested  positive , I'm also very relieved that I'm not on a ventilator,  and that I haven’t xxxx myself to death.

On the other hand , I might just be a sleeper drone that was planted on pw 17 years ago , by the Lizard overlords.