covid has caught me.

mel b3

covid19 daily update , from tipton.

well i feel like a right fraudster now . im sitting at home , watching daytime telly , when i should be at work :unhappy:.

had a good night sleep , and had a lie in until 6am(thats a lie in for me) , had a quick shower , then a good breakfast . i was all set for my daily exercise , and only intended to take my short walk (about 1.5 miles) , to ease myself back into things , i popped a cup of coffee upstairs to lin , in case she woke up , then i put on my walking boots and that was it . id hit the wall !, i fell into the chair at the kitchen table and was done , id well and truly shot my bolt . i was still sitting in the chair an hour later when lin came downstairs . she looked at me and asked why id got my boots on , i explained that i was going for a walk , then she showed me the text on her phone , saying that im not allowed out until after the 23rd :cry1: , so  im hoping to mount an expedition to the bottom of the garden at some point tomorrow.

lin is in slightly better shape than she was yesterday , and is spending the day sitting in the chair , and  watching tv under a blanket . she has already eaten a delicious breakfast , of a bag of mini cheddars , served in a dish , and she has expressed an interest in lunch , that will consist of a corned beef sandwich , with tomato sauce , followed by a bag of cheesy wotsits . yes i know its mingin , but its no time for eating healthy .

good news from my sister . shes spoken to my niece , and is feeling a bit better , and is off oxygen for now. hopefully itll be more good news as the day/s go on. 

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Keep up the good work  and take it steady. Glad your Sister is improved. 

thankyou yvonne . we were all very worried about my sisters condition last night.

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Marvellous!:good:

Let us know when Lin is looking for chocolate again!

she hasnt stopped looking for chocolate yet :lol: . wed just got rid of all the christmas junk food , but lin asked my daughter to do an emergency junk food parcel drop :lol:.

5 hours ago, mel b3 said:

thankyou yvonne . we were all very worried about my sisters condition last night.

she hasnt stopped looking for chocolate yet :lol: . wed just got rid of all the christmas junk food , but lin asked my daughter to do an emergency junk food parcel drop :lol:.

Is she pregnant? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I've led a sheltered life so had to Google that. :lol:

Me too.

At Kolkata writers’ building staff room, ladies are busy gossiping. Topic is family planning method employed by them. First one: We use Nirodh. We don’t like it at all. My husband says it’s like having bath over one’s raincoat. I too don’t like it. Second one: I take the pills. I hate the vomiting feeling it causes in the mornings and I don’t like it. Third one: I use the loop and the fear that it might slip keeps me on tenterhooks. I don’t like it at all. The fourth, a tall stoic lady knitting a sweater is obviously quite satisfied with her method but doesn’t want to reveal. The others accuse her of being nasty and she corrects them. “Our method is somewhat crude and needs a bit of explaining. As you know I am tall. My husband is quite short. We always do it standing. In order to reach me he climbs over an old Britannia tin we have at home. I know when he is about to ‘come’. I kick the tin.”  

2 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Me too.

At Kolkata writers’ building staff room, ladies are busy gossiping. Topic is family planning method employed by them. First one: We use Nirodh. We don’t like it at all. My husband says it’s like having bath over one’s raincoat. I too don’t like it. Second one: I take the pills. I hate the vomiting feeling it causes in the mornings and I don’t like it. Third one: I use the loop and the fear that it might slip keeps me on tenterhooks. I don’t like it at all. The fourth, a tall stoic lady knitting a sweater is obviously quite satisfied with her method but doesn’t want to reveal. The others accuse her of being nasty and she corrects them. “Our method is somewhat crude and needs a bit of explaining. As you know I am tall. My husband is quite short. We always do it standing. In order to reach me he climbs over an old Britannia tin we have at home. I know when he is about to ‘come’. I kick the tin.”  

And me. Just read the exact same piece on google. Live and learn...

covid19 daily update from very wonderful tipton.

well its been a funny old morning , we both woke up feeling absolutely dreadful again , its passed a little bit now , but definitely a small step backwards . i believe that this is pretty typical with covid , so hopefully its just a little hiccup along the way (it was probably all the talk of sex and bin lorries last night)  :yes:. on the upside , we both set out on the expedition to the bottom of the garden , and then returned safely . i had to stop for a rest several times on the way , but after a brief rest by the pond , i made it back in one . big win:yahoo: 

i still haven't spoken to my sister , but news from my niece is , shes doing a little better , but still has covid pnuemonia . she is on oxygen , and is being given steroids , she has also had x rays to find blood clots , and is being given blood thinners . shes having a very tough time with covid , but shes a strong determined woman , and hopefully , it will all work out well in time.  

35 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Just had news that we didn't really want to hear , my sister has gotten a bit worse,  so is being moved to intensive care , and will be going on to a ventilator. 

I’m glad your in the mend and wish all the best for your sister . 
ive had 2 customers today that said it’s fake and just a cold.