Head Teacher's Reply to Know it All Parents.

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, sounds like a bunch of insecure people to me. No matter how much you know, there's always room to learn or take fresh ideas, particularly in unconventional times like we're facing now. If parents are making polite sensible suggestions why is the school acting so defensively at a mere suggestion? 

I also don't think the teachers union has done teachers many favours, I read one article where it was demanding teachers be vaccinated before they would return to work, before many others. What makes them think they're that special when there are many other groups at far more risk than them? 

That said I'm sure there are some very good teachers. 

40 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

If parents are making polite sensible suggestions why is the school acting so defensively at a mere suggestion? 

You've answered your own question.

Imagine if everyone thought they were an expert at doing your job because they had, 20 years ago, been a 'client' of your particular type of business.

3 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I don't know, sounds like a bunch of insecure people to me. No matter how much you know, there's always room to learn or take fresh ideas, particularly in unconventional times like we're facing now. If parents are making polite sensible suggestions why is the school acting so defensively at a mere suggestion? 

I also don't think the teachers union has done teachers many favours, I read one article where it was demanding teachers be vaccinated before they would return to work, before many others. What makes them think they're that special when there are many other groups at far more risk than them? 

That said I'm sure there are some very good teachers. 

Why?  You walk, breath and talk in front of 120 potential mini biohazards, 5 days a week without PPE.  Every lesson you could be walking into your very own COVID ward.

6 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

You've answered your own question.

Imagine if everyone thought they were an expert at doing your job because they had, 20 years ago, been a 'client' of your particular type of business.

I've always got my eyes and ears open to learning something, even if an idea isn't a good one, I wouldn't respond in such a childish manner. 

3 hours ago, markm said:

Why?  You walk, breath and talk in front of 120 potential mini biohazards, 5 days a week without PPE.  Every lesson you could be walking into your very own COVID ward.

What about care home staff, hospital staff, supermarket workers, I could go on and on, what makes teachers more important than everyone else? I haven't seen supermarket employees refuse to go back to work thank god, or the country would be in a right mess. 

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

I've always got my eyes and ears open to learning something, even if an idea isn't a good one, I wouldn't respond in such a childish manner. 

What about care home staff, hospital staff, supermarket workers, I could go on and on, what makes teachers more important than everyone else? I haven't seen supermarket employees refuse to go back to work thank god, or the country would be in a right mess. 

I am not aware that any of those staff have been "advised" via incorrect use of an email system set up for explanation and understanding of remote learning during lockdown.

I was not and I don't think anyone else was saying "Teachers are any more important than others", just that as reported, those parents that chose to comment were not helping at all.

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I am not aware that any of those staff have been "advised" via incorrect use of an email system set up for explanation and understanding of remote learning during lockdown.

I was not and I don't think anyone else was saying "Teachers are any more important than others", just that as reported, those parents that chose to comment were not helping at all.

I didn't say you were, my point is, it just appears a rather rude and childish response to people trying to help, people's children are the most important thing at the end of the day, it's no wonder people are concerned or want to help, even if their ideas are rubbish. 

As for teachers unions demands that they receive the vaccine before many other more vulnerable groups, I think that's selfish beyond, although I also get not all teachers agree with the union. 

Its not that anyone is more important than anyone else it is however apparent that lockdown has brought out of the woodwork, and communication links and social media have given a voice to, people who think they know better than a qualified teacher, have gained a law degree sat on the sofa to comment on lockdown law and regulations and have had time to gain a medical qualification to be able to comment on vaccines. 

These are trusted professionals so let them do their job in peace, when you go on holiday you are happy to relax and let the pilot fly the plane rather than try to fly it yourself.

Edited by Goldfish

11 minutes ago, Goldfish said:

Its not that anyone is more important than anyone else it is however apparent that lockdown has brought out of the woodwork, and communication links and social media have given a voice to, people who think they know better than a qualified teacher, have gained a law degree sat on the sofa to comment on lockdown law and regulations and have had time to gain a medical qualification to be able to comment on vaccines. 

These are trusted professionals so let them do their job in peace, when you go on holiday you are happy to relax and let the pilot fly the plane rather than try to fly it yourself.

I think your confusing two of my points, teachers believing they know how to teach best is obvious to me correct, they are the professionals at it, that doesn't mean they can't keep their ears open to sensible suggestions or at least be polite if they don't want to listen to even consider them, I believe for a head to reply in that manner is slightly rude and very childish. 

My comment about certain teachers believing they are more important than others is in regard to the teaching union demanding vaccines before other even more vulnerable groups and refusing to go back to work, those involved in that seem to have delusions of grandeur. 

If teachers do not have the vaccine the schools cannot go back in effectively and so millions of households cannot work, the economy grinds to a halt. If I don’t get the vaccine worst case is that when I’m exposed to CV-19 I work from home and everything carries on.

We have had the same discussion on this subject across multiple threads over the last 9 months. 

Edited by WalkedUp

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

I think your confusing two of my points, teachers believing they know how to teach best is obvious to me correct, they are the professionals at it, that doesn't mean they can't keep their ears open to sensible suggestions or at least be polite if they don't want to listen to even consider them, I believe for a head to reply in that manner is slightly rude and very childish. 

My comment about certain teachers believing they are more important than others is in regard to the teaching union demanding vaccines before other even more vulnerable groups and refusing to go back to work, those involved in that seem to have delusions of grandeur. 

No confusion,  I’m commenting on the letter and the army of critical armchair experts, and agree with you that no one person is more important than another

However I would like to point out that a unions role is to fight for their membership so why should they not ask for the vaccine?

Edited by Goldfish

44 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

If teachers do not have the vaccine the schools cannot go back in effectively and so millions of households cannot work, the economy grinds to a halt. If I don’t get the vaccine worst case is that when I’m exposed to CV-19 I work from home and everything carries on.

We have had the same discussion on this subject across multiple threads over the last 9 months. 

So why is it okay for shop workers and others who are at greater risk than teachers to carry on, yet the teachers union and obviously some teachers feel they should be protected before others at greater risk. 

36 minutes ago, Goldfish said:

Sorry mate you seem confused, I’m commenting on the letter and the army of critical armchair experts, and agree with you that no one person is more important than another

However I would like to point out that a unions role is to fight for their membership so why should they not ask for the vaccine?

Fair enough although you posted below me so you can see why I thought it related to the comments I made. 

Edited by 12gauge82

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

So why is it okay for shop workers and others who are at greater risk than teachers to carry on, yet the teachers union and obviously some teachers feel they should be protected before others at greater risk. 

No one needs to go to a shop. Shops can function without 35 people being in a small room. If a supermarket shop worker is off shielding due to exposure the shop can still function, the schools closed before the lockdowns due to having no staff left.

The application of analytical thinking resolves situations much more quickly than childhood based anti-education rhetoric.

1 minute ago, WalkedUp said:

No one needs to go to a shop. Shops can function without 35 people being in a small room. If a supermarket shop worker is off shielding due to exposure the shop can still function, the schools closed before the lockdowns due to having no staff left.

The application of analytical thinking resolves situations much more quickly than childhood based anti-education rhetoric.

No one needs to go to a shop? I think the population would die very quickly without food! 

If you look at government stats there are essential jobs that are at greater risk than teachers still operating.