• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

I don’t buy that scabby bat theory.

I think it’s far more likely to have been either a deliberate or accidental escape of germ warfare by the Chinese. This thing is just way to effective to be something spread naturally from bats.

Tangent- So what about ebola, HIV,  SARS etc?

24 minutes ago, henry d said:

The fact that this virus first appears in the close vicinity of the Chinese high security lab that just happens to be doing research into bat viruses is far too big a coincidence to be ignored.

The fact that the original Chinese reaction to the outbreak was to try and hush it up and threaten people looks an awful lot like guilt 

41 minutes ago, Scully said:

I was under the impression the WHO ( not the band, far too old now ) were indeed investigating the ‘scabby bat’ theory, based on China’s past record? Something along those lines anyhow. Must have heard it on the radio news as I don’t get a paper. 

Probably the only theory they will be able to investigate, the Chinese arent really going to give them access to the labs where they make 'medicines' for the West :lol:

41 minutes ago, henry d said:

What about them ?
Other supposedly naturally occurring complex viruses , with no apparent cures...
Makes you wonder how mankind ever survived to this point with 'nature' so intent on wiping us out ?

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Probably the only theory they will be able to investigate, the Chinese arent really going to give them access to the labs where they make 'medicines' for the West 

Particularly true after Trump pulled out of the WHO leaving the space for China to step in. 

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

Particularly true after Trump pulled out of the WHO leaving the space for China to step in. 

Uncle Joes gone straight back in hasnt he ?

Besides, Trump pulled out BECAUSE of Chinese and WHO duplicity over covid.
Pulled out as in , stopped being the primary funder of an org that is corrupt and unfit for purpose.

1 minute ago, discobob said:

Wasn't there a fire at that lab? was that the day before the inspection by WHO???

Highly probable 😏

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

Uncle Joes gone straight back in hasnt he ?

Besides, Trump pulled out BECAUSE of Chinese and WHO duplicity over covid.
Pulled out as in , stopped being the primary funder of an org that is corrupt and unfit for purpose.

Highly probable 😏

Simple process Trump out Chinese in, give an inch and they will take a mile. Fortunately Joe (or his advisers) looks to be a bit more on the ball.  

1 minute ago, oowee said:

Simple process Trump out Chinese in, give an inch and they will take a mile.

The Chinese were already 'in' ! They playing a very chummy game with the WHO early on, and it most definitely wasnt to the Wests advantage.
Despite the fact that the West mostly pays for the WHO.
Its all a matter of record, THATS why Trump pulled out.

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

Fortunately Joe (or his advisers) looks to be a bit more on the ball.  

Yes , first thing he did was make sure all his LGBTQ+ supporters got their pronouns enshrined in (more) laws.
Next , get back chummy with China, so his pals can make a buck or two.

Stated that presidential executive orders were a bad thing , on a par with dictatorship, then proceeded to sign 17 within a few weeks.
Trump did 4 , Obama 5

But then, he probably doesnt remember saying it anyway.

20 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Probably the only theory they will be able to investigate, the Chinese arent really going to give them access to the labs where they make 'medicines' for the West :lol:

Indeed. I’m not naive enough to think they’ll be welcomed with open arms.
I seriously doubt we’ll ever get to the bottom of this, not even following the next one ( and there will be another ) inevitably from China. 

I genuinely think this was China creating a virus to iron out the drains on their society - the old and the infirm and those who were unable to be of use to the state.

It really is a vicious, brutal and inhumane regime / state culture.

All the bed wetting that went on about Trump in the liberal media, all the while ignoring the massive Chinese elephant in the room. Where do you start? Hong Kong? Tibet? The treatment of muslims and other ethnic minorities. The disappearance of anyone dissenting against the state. It's a long list. Indeed, it's probably the longest list of all countries, but hey, Apple make their iPhones there and we get cheap trainers so lets ignore it all. It's too late now, the time to do it was 20 years ago.

10 minutes ago, Mungler said:

I genuinely think this was China creating a virus to iron out the drains on their society - the old and the infirm and those who were unable to be of use to the state.

Really, you (the human face of the Chinese state) create and release something that is likely to kill you at some point too? Jinping, late 60's others in the government are of the same age, not sure if it is a good argument unless you start going down the conspiracy theorists route of saying that they also have a cure for it and all the various forms?

24 minutes ago, henry d said:

Really, you (the human face of the Chinese state) create and release something that is likely to kill you at some point too? Jinping, late 60's others in the government are of the same age, not sure if it is a good argument unless you start going down the conspiracy theorists route of saying that they also have a cure for it and all the various forms?

If they had the cure/s they would be selling it [or someone would on their behalf], its extraordinary that some believe all governments, medical professionals and most laymen are deluded and that this virus is just another flu and its a big fuss about nothing.. personally i would prefer to keep my head down and hope that it will one day it goes away

Edited by islandgun

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

That would be a pretty scary thing if it turned out to be true.

1 hour ago, henry d said:

When the president of the United States of America caught Covid, he got the best of the good drugs and was back at work in 2 days.

Alas, I wouldn’t give the Chinese government the benefit of any doubt.

What was telling to me was the speed at which the Chinese had been able to map the virus. 

Edited by Mungler

4 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

That would be a pretty scary thing if it turned out to be true.

We will never know.

Youve got 2 choices, it occurred naturally from a bat or whatever, OR it was made in a lab, and 'escaped'

If you choose the latter, you will be labelled as a nutjob who thinks the earth is flat and the Queen is a lizard.

17 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

We will never know.

Youve got 2 choices, it occurred naturally from a bat or whatever, OR it was made in a lab, and 'escaped'

If you choose the latter, you will be labelled as a nutjob who thinks the earth is flat and the Queen is a lizard.

I'm not a big fan of either option to be honest.  One option is unthinkable because it could happen again , and the other option is unthinkable just because it's unthinkable.

3 hours ago, Mungler said:

that explains why we didn’t shut the borders then over looked bankrupting us but you can’t see every catch  

4 hours ago, Mungler said:

Anyone want to guess how long it took to map the HIV virus

Not me, as I was in my early twenties when it became a problem, so in the same kind of time scale how was any kind of mapping of viruses in the 1930/40's to people in the 70/80's? No, didn't think so.

Edited by henry d