Channel Migrants

ditchman

7 hours ago, Nuke said:

It's a bit more serious than just being frowned upon, some get their orifices glued together and left to die, beatings/stoning, shunned by the rest of society etc.

Any evidence that the gluing is a real thing ? Or just heresay.
Islamic law holds homosexuality as a crime against god , and is punishable by death, that is the kind of culture that keeps landing in dinghies.
If they find their own country too barbaric for them, they have every right to exit at the earliest opportunity, but dont bring elements of that barbarism with them.

7 hours ago, Nuke said:

It's like being a confirmed Labour/Green voter or living in AND liking London on here...

Im not aware of anyone being stoned , or having their bottom glued up for voting labour, but Im down with the idea 😍

And living and liking London ? What does that mean, if you like refugees , thats the place to be, and give it a few years , there may well be some difficulty in differentiating between there and a Sharia law ruled ME country.
Fill your boots , but I would avoid the gay bars.

3 hours ago, henry d said:

We are lucky to have access to passports and visas as well as free access to plane travel, not every one does so what seems like a simple solution isn't.

My cousin and her family fled Iraq, they used a car and foot to cross to Syria they had clothes and money and that's all, the car and house were left behind. Her husband was a rector of a University and had to be a party member but still couldn't get the visa and tickets. Eventually they made it back to England, they went to live in the south east of England instead of the north east because her brothers lived there and both got decent jobs. Part of their story is in a book, high tea in Mosul iirc.

See what you did there Henry, very naughty .
You changed Iran to Iraq , and knocked 30 years off the timeline to Saddam days , and changed the context from a gay Iranian, to a Christian Iraqi, fleeing persecution.

Now, I know quite a few Iraqis , nice people , professionals , all from the time before Gulf war 2 , some are Kurds, but most fled Iraq not due to persecution , but they just didnt like the way things were going, they all arrived here on planes, through airports , with passports and visas , and just never went back, they didnt need that 'fleeing through the mountains' scenario, that sounds oh so romantic when put into a nice coffee table book.

I know even more Iranians , most again , left during or after the revolution, and they DID have to flee, often for their lives.
But guess what ? These days they regularly visit back 'home' and often have relatives over , with *gasp* passports and visas !
Most of them even go back , shocking isnt it ?

3 hours ago, henry d said:

Not everything is as simple as having the money and jumping on the next plane out. 

Err , a lot more simple to trek across 4000 miles of often hostile terrain, to then undertake a dangerous Channel crossing in the middle of the night that costs £5000 , really ?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, henry d said:

OK, let's chase this rabbit. 

"They have come from France not fleeing war" so they are either French or have come from another country. The former is ludicrous the latter we have to chase, so before France another and another country until they are just over the border of their homeland. Apply this to Ukraine and we have millions in Poland, Moldova, Romania Slovakia and Hungary. Where does a gay Iranian go to? Over the border to Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan...

Where they want to get to IS VERY relevant it has to be safe, and for many the best place is where you have friends or family or can speak the language etc etc 

Yes let's chase this Rabbit. 

How many UK families are you prepared to let be repossessed because they can't pay their bills due to tax paying for economic migrants. 

Or homeless people left on the streets as money is diverted to pay for hotel rooms for those arriving in dingys. 

The 7 million pounds a day just for hotel rooms for migrants could help an awful lot of people, but instead you'd see the brutal people smuggling trade continue. That view is worthy of any dictator. 

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

How many UK families are you prepared to let be repossessed because they can't pay their bills due to tax paying for economic migrants. 

Or homeless people left on the streets as money is diverted to pay for hotel rooms for those arriving in dingys. 

The 7 million pounds a day just for hotel rooms for migrants could help an awful lot of people, but instead you'd see the brutal people smuggling trade continue. That view is worthy of any dictator. 

Well said, its simple 'home' economics.

Some people are either wilfully ignorant, or so woke , they have lost all sense of reason, as they disappear up their own behinds.
If they are so concerned about the plight of these 'refugees' , let them sponsor them , Ukraine style , the government will give you £350 per month to house them and feed them while their applications are processed.
Let some young Somalis or Afghan males sleep in your spare room, leave them in the house all day, alone with  your missus and kids ?

Who among the resident virtue signallers wants to put their name down?

Hello ? 

Anyone ? :lol:

56 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Some people are either wilfully ignorant, or so woke , they have lost all sense of reason, as they disappear up their own behinds.
If they are so concerned about the plight of these 'refugees' , let them sponsor them , Ukraine style , the government will give you £350 per month to house them and feed them while their applications are processed.
Let some young Somalis or Afghan males sleep in your spare room, leave them in the house all day, alone with  your missus and kids ?

Hello ? 

I’ve asked this question on several platforms, including Twitter. No takers. Not one. Not even a response. Just tumbleweed. 🙂

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Hello ? 

I don't think you will get many takers.

10 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

This can't go on, or otherwise it'll all end in tears. 

Dirty politics going on here. There simply cannot be any other reason why people who have braved discomfort in their travel across continents and then the channel have the temerity to complain about being cared for. They are not just ingrates - but have to be acting on behalf of someone funding their attempts to cause extreme financial hardship and disruption to the UK, and I suspect its remainers trying to undo Brexit.

21 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Dirty politics going on here. There simply cannot be any other reason why people who have braved discomfort in their travel across continents and then the channel have the temerity to complain about being cared for. They are not just ingrates - but have to be acting on behalf of someone funding their attempts to cause extreme financial hardship and disruption to the UK, and I suspect its remainers trying to undo Brexit.

🤣

Remainers trying to undo Brexit 😂 You don't need remainers to do that. Brexit is working it's own magic. 

Let's not get too unrealistic about this. 

60% plus are Albanians who are flying into Belgium on scheduled flights. Being picked up in minibuses and driven to French coast.

It's a straight forward criminal people smuggling operation.

But because they are primed to mutter a few scripted lines when they get here like "I am gay"  they get housed and a solicitor for years of appeals and time wasting hearings.

What ever happened to no, f off? You are on the plane tomorrow  ?

Suella Braverman is trying to do that and the remainers and the bleeding heart liberals hate her for it

Edited by Vince Green

17 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Let's not get too unrealistic about this. 

60% plus are Albanians who are flying into Belgium on scheduled flights. Being picked up in minibuses and driven to French coast.

It's a straight forward criminal people smuggling operation.

But because they are primed to mutter a few scripted lines when they get here like "I am gay"  they get housed and a solicitor for years of appeals and time wasting hearings.

What ever happened to no, f off? You are on the plane tomorrow  ?

Suella Braverman is trying to do that and the remainers and the bleeding heart liberals hate her for it

🤣 Not you as well? What have remainers got to do with anything? I guess they could be funding the tunnels?

The situation is far more serious since Brexit. You should be asking why has Brexit made the situation many times more difficult. Why, when we have control of our borders and we make our own laws has the situation deteriorated? 

Maybe what the remainers were saying about a little britain small island nation was right? 😂

PS Newsnight might be worth a watch tonight. I just saw the headline something like  'Albania tells Britain to stop blaming Albania for your immigration disaster'

what is the answer OOWEE? EvenLabour didnt stop it because they needed cheap labour to keep wages down now we are trying to stop the influx it is hard work and very costly due to lefty lawyers taking on appeals and accomodation costs What will happen when a fishing boat etc is in trouble in the channell and there is a dinghy making an illegal crossing to uk who chooses the rescue? Australia had the idea process the applicants on an island away from oz.Why cant we do something like that away from the uk oh we have tried to but guess what the civil servants in whitehall objected along with the lefty luvvies

10 hours ago, armsid said:

what is the answer OOWEE? EvenLabour didnt stop it because they needed cheap labour to keep wages down now we are trying to stop the influx it is hard work and very costly due to lefty lawyers taking on appeals and accomodation costs What will happen when a fishing boat etc is in trouble in the channell and there is a dinghy making an illegal crossing to uk who chooses the rescue? Australia had the idea process the applicants on an island away from oz.Why cant we do something like that away from the uk oh we have tried to but guess what the civil servants in whitehall objected along with the lefty luvvies

Goodwin sands comes to mind or perhaps those rotting anti aircraft forts in the Thames estuary.

9 hours ago, armsid said:

Posted earlier. Also need to go back to UNHCR with other international friends (if we have any) and seek to get the rule book rewritten. 

11 hours ago, oowee said:

How would you know that? I guess those that voted for them are embarrassed about their poor decision making. 😂

I’m not in the least bit embarrassed. I’m filled with joy and happiness at the bile, bitterness and resentment STILL eating away at those who lost the vote. 😉 Therapy? 

15 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’m not in the least bit embarrassed. I’m filled with joy and happiness at the bile, bitterness and resentment STILL eating away at those who lost the vote. 😉 Therapy? 

14 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes that sums it up nicely!  :good:

? the Majority of Uk lost the vote but looks like it will be turned around at the next election. Cant see that making much difference we need a far more radical rethink. 

1 minute ago, oowee said:

? the Majority of Uk lost the vote but looks like it will be turned around at the next election. Cant see that making much difference we need a far more radical rethink. 

No doubt. That bitterness and resentment will eat away until the vote is overturned until we’re back in by one means or another. That’s democracy for you. 🙂
Can’t wait, cos then there’ll be no more poverty, homelessness, energy crisis, struggling NHS, hospital waiting lists, strikes or migrants! Sorted. 

10 hours ago, oowee said:

🤣 Not you as well? What have remainers got to do with anything? I guess they could be funding the tunnels?

The situation is far more serious since Brexit. You should be asking why has Brexit made the situation many times more difficult. Why, when we have control of our borders and we make our own laws has the situation deteriorated? 

Maybe what the remainers were saying about a little britain small island nation was right? 😂

PS Newsnight might be worth a watch tonight. I just saw the headline something like  'Albania tells Britain to stop blaming Albania for your immigration disaster'

The Albanian president is demanding we issue them all with visas so they don't have to risk the crossing  and can fly here 

The other problem is we haven't got control because we haven't left the ECHR which we surely should have done?

Let’s think about it logically 

genuine asylum seeking people go to the appropriate place and gain safety 

Or pay £5000 to a dodgy character on a beach in France get into rubber boat in the middle of the night travel halfway across the channel chuck there passport and id overboard ? or do they do this because they know that the proper channels will send them back?

it’s not rocket science anyone risking the rubber boats route knows they won’t be eligible that’s why they don’t use the proper channels 

solution anyone arrives in a rubber boat instantly returns to port of departure anyone without a passport returned to the appropriate embassy to get a new one 

allowing them entry in the unsafe illegal manner is only fuel for the criminal gangs 

probably other idea’s that would work but it’s the best I can do at the moment