Northants renewal

Sprinter

8 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

The renewal was £50 when I sent the form in but they haven't banked my cheque yet or acknowledged receipt of the form!

Also heard nothing from Medcert either which I think is a bit disappointing.

You need to chase that one. It sounds as if your form/cheque has not been received.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Most forces bank the money immediately.

That's what's got me worried.  You can't phone them - an automated message says they're not taking phone calls!  I would send them an email but the last time it took them 6 weeks to reply to it so I might as well wait for them to come and kick my door down for illegal possession!  My guns are on someone else's certificate already so they will be finding an empty cabinet if they do come knocking.  Apparently our force has had several employees leave in recent months which is compounding the issue.  What a shambles.

15 hours ago, London Best said:

You need to chase that one. It sounds as if your form/cheque has not been received.

I'm past caring, what a farce this has become.

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/05/2022 at 00:50, Jim Neal said:

That's what's got me worried.  You can't phone them - an automated message says they're not taking phone calls!  I would send them an email but the last time it took them 6 weeks to reply to it so I might as well wait for them to come and kick my door down for illegal possession!  My guns are on someone else's certificate already so they will be finding an empty cabinet if they do come knocking.  Apparently our force has had several employees leave in recent months which is compounding the issue.  What a shambles.

I'm past caring, what a farce this has become.

Any luck with dibble so far Jim?

Email received from Northamptonshire police to the effect that everything is in order with my renewal application. I am renewed electronically for now. However it will be some time before the paperwork comes through because they are currently working on December 2021 renewals and they only have 2 enquiry officers at the moment.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive had my ups and downs with them too but with staff leaving and new starters being trained and leaving they are very short staffed plus covid etc, the office staff and FEOs are excellent but the process is time consuming with the recent changes and having to rely on the speed of a doctors surgery, who, going by my local practice have milked covid and rinsed the NHS and provided a lesser service.

On 28/09/2022 at 14:28, HantsRob said:

sadly that'll mean next renewal will be short a year 😞

Rumour is a 10 year licence may be in the pipework 

Edited by Goldfish

• 2 weeks later...

I won't bore you with the details but thought I would add as I'm under Northants Licensing.

Submitted renewal Feb 14th, Running with a Temp Cert 2023, Off to the Kwaks to submit my Wifes Medical Information Proforma ready for Her renewal, Thought I was being over looked for some reason but reading this post has me feeling easier now.

If they offer me 35k I'll go give em a hand :)

• 4 weeks later...

My medical form is with the doctors who charged £75 and have confirmed they hope to have the completed form back with me in 28 days.

all other parts completed just need a passport photo.

a shade under 3 months to renewal with West Yorkshire police! 

I will be hassling politely the receptionist in 2 weeks time if I have not heard anything !

Agriv8

48 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

My medical form is with the doctors who charged £75 and have confirmed they hope to have the completed form back with me in 28 days.

all other parts completed just need a passport photo.

a shade under 3 months to renewal with West Yorkshire police! 

I will be hassling politely the receptionist in 2 weeks time if I have not heard anything !

Agriv8

my med forms were done in 2 days.£25

44 minutes ago, mossy835 said:

my med forms were done in 2 days.£25

Yup real pant down moment our practice has been taken over by a plc and has a business manager. You have to go through a triage team before you are allowed to speak to a doctor. It seems the plc are allowed to charge what they wish for this “service”

the fact that no set fee and turnaround was agreed before this changes to the license process leave me out of pocket. No point making waves until I have my med forms - 

Agriv8

On 12/04/2022 at 23:45, Jim Neal said:

Mine ran out on the 21st of last month, submitted my forms by post beginning of Feb and still heard nothing.  Paid Medcert their £60 and have heard nothing from them either!

Jim how you getting on ? Medcert are at the hands of the practice who have your medical records I would be giving them a chase on where things are !

Looked into using this service myself but at least dealing with the practice direct I have a contact with them to complete my forms in the way of my “£75 payment for an agreed service “

Agriv8

On 09/11/2022 at 22:32, Agriv8 said:

Jim how you getting on ? Medcert are at the hands of the practice who have your medical records I would be giving them a chase on where things are !

Looked into using this service myself but at least dealing with the practice direct I have a contact with them to complete my forms in the way of my “£75 payment for an agreed service “

Agriv8

After many calls and emails back and forth with all three parties involved I managed to find out that my records were released from my doctors to Medcert on the 15th September!!

I got a temporary covering licence through from Firearms several days ago.

Lord only knows when the actual certificate will materialise!

2 minutes ago, Jim Neal said:

After many calls and emails back and forth with all three parties involved I managed to find out that my records were released from my doctors to Medcert on the 15th September!!

I got a temporary covering licence through from Firearms several days ago.

Lord only knows when the actual certificate will materialise!

Oh dear sounds like the right decision to go direct to doctors - just picked up my completed medical form 3 day turnaround for £75 notes 

so must get photo and get forms sent to police

Agriv8

7 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

Oh dear sounds like the right decision to go direct to doctors - just picked up my completed medical form 3 day turnaround for £75 notes 

so must get photo and get forms sent to police

Agriv8

I had to change surgeries before getting the medical report because I'd moved house and my existing surgery wouldn't play ball.  The delay was my old surgery sending my notes to the new one.

• 2 weeks later...

That's the visit /interrogation done. Went with the chocolate hobnob option. Its just a waiting game now to see if a new certificate drops on the mat or they bust the door down at 4am to confiscate my guns. Hopefully the former, I would assume if its the latter they'd have done it by now lol

Just applied for mine, Derbyshire, expires in Feb. Doctors form was sent to me for me to take to doctors with the request that they fill it in and send it to FEO via secure NHS link. Feo contacted me to say they had all the info they need.

Edited by DUNKS