Covid - it’s all over.

Lloyd90

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, ordnance said:

You don't know my circumstances what precautions i take or don't take regarding Covid. So don't be a smart *** suggesting you do. 

Your personal circumstances don’t affect how wrong the scientists have been or what the stats are saying right now.

Incidentally, you don’t know my circumstances - I am high risk but in fairness I’m not over 80 and I can read what the stats are telling me.

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

Your personal circumstances don’t affect how wrong the scientists have been or what the stats are saying right now.

Incidentally, you don’t know my circumstances - I am high risk but in fairness I’m not over 80 and I can read what the stats are telling me.

You are right i don't know your personal circumstances, that's why i wouldn't post what you did bellow. Unless you have being over in Northern Ireland to see what i do or don't do. 

Mungler.( You ) are free to crack on disinfecting your shopping and nailing your front door shut.

On 12/02/2022 at 23:55, ordnance said:

When the hosiptlashions, infections, ICUs were not as high in stages, they don't all need lifted at once.  Boris is doing it for political reasons and concerns for his own neck, not UK citizens. 

I suppose all the other countries lifting restrictions are doing it for 'political reasons' too ?

On 12/02/2022 at 17:42, ordnance said:
On 11/02/2022 at 23:34, Rewulf said:

Some people don't want it to be over. 

Like who for example ? 

Like you ... you have embraced covid and its restrictions like a new religion, to the extent you dont want to let it go.
Like Stockholm syndrome , youve fallen in love and become dependent on your abuser thats kept you prisoner for 2 years.
You will argue all day long about how its too soon , or we didnt lock down hard enough, and everyones stupid who doesnt agree with you.

No its never going away, yes it might come back, stronger , weaker , whatever, but unless we can get on with our lives in some type of normalcy , theres no point.
Lock your doors if you want , wear a mask in public for the rest of your life, get as many vaccines as they tell you you need, thats up to you , but let others make their own choices too.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

I suppose all the other countries lifting restrictions are doing it for 'political reasons' too ?

Like you ... you have embraced covid and its restrictions like a new religion, to the extent you dont want to let it go.
Like Stockholm syndrome , youve fallen in love and become dependent on your abuser thats kept you prisoner for 2 years.
You will argue all day long about how its too soon , or we didnt lock down hard enough, and everyones stupid who doesnt agree with you.

No its never going away, yes it might come back, stronger , weaker , whatever, but unless we can get on with our lives in some type of normalcy , theres no point.
Lock your doors if you want , wear a mask in public for the rest of your life, get as many vaccines as they tell you you need, thats up to you , but let others make their own choices too.

Here here.

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

This. In amongst all the genuinely vulnerable there is also an element of those who whilst not being vulnerable, or claiming to be vulnerable, all this has empowered with a finger wagging righteous indignation, aimed at those who choose to dispense with needless bureaucracy to get on with their lives. 
It has been a jobsworths wet dream. 

suppose all the other countries lifting restrictions are doing it for 'political reasons' too ?

What other countries are lifting all Covid restrictions on the same time line as Boris ? 

Tory MP warns of revolt if Boris Johnson doesn't axe Covid curbs

This. In amongst all the genuinely vulnerable there is also an element of those who whilst not being vulnerable, or claiming to be vulnerable, all this has empowered with a finger wagging righteous indignation, aimed at those who choose to dispense with needless bureaucracy to get on with their lives. 
It has been a jobsworths wet dream. 

You either are vulnerable or you are not, who are these people claiming to be vulnerable who are not. Maybe they did things differently in England here people didn't just decide they were Vulnerable, they were informed by their doctor.   

1 hour ago, ordnance said:

What other countries are lifting all Covid restrictions on the same time line as Boris ? 

Everywhere, notably apart from Canada and Australia the crazy West Coast of the States.

in fairness to Johnson he called ‘no winter lockdown’ correctly and certainly has the march on the rest of Europe for returning to normal.

We can come back to this thread in a month and see eh?

Notwithstanding being in the clinically vulnerable category (as confirmed to me by my doctor) I’m full on Judith Chalmers this year - I’ve got Italy, Greece and Barbados already booked and have 2 years of my (and my family’s life) to catch up on and return to. 

53 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Tory MP warns of revolt if Boris Johnson doesn't axe Covid curbs

You either are vulnerable or you are not, who are these people claiming to be vulnerable who are not. Maybe they did things differently in England here people didn't just decide they were Vulnerable, they were informed by their doctor.   

There are genuinely vulnerable people out there, and I know many of them. There are also a minority I encountered who relished their vulnerability and the perceived importance and authority they thought it empowered them with. 
I witnessed many instances of jobsworths. 

It's on the rise again my way. Big time! Loads going down with it. Including my brother, his wife and three kids. They were dismissive of it even after i had it twice bad, and still have long covid. They now all have it bad and all tested *** on same day of first symptoms. Strange how people change after they get it. Easy for peps that are OK to say get on with life, but there are a lot like me trying to shake off long covid still. Over a year for me now, and others i know who are younger and fitter (runners) still get puffed out going up stairs or just walking to post box. It is something we just got to learn to live with but i dread getting it again.  NB

7 hours ago, Scully said:

There are genuinely vulnerable people out there, and I know many of them. There are also a minority I encountered who relished their vulnerability and the perceived importance and authority they thought it empowered them with. 
I witnessed many instances of jobsworths. 

Theres one woman in our work who’s completely lost her mind. 

Any time we are asking to work from the office she loses the plot and phones the management 20+ times within an hour ranting about how she can’t be near anyone else because she is vulnerable. 

She can’t be in the office with anyone in the team due to the risk to her health as she has very very mild asthma. Doesn’t require a pump or any sort of meds. 

She is triple jabbed now. During the height of infections and covid spread she met up with several members of the team to go for walks, go for coffee, drive around in their car to appointments etc, but turned around and said she can’t possibly meet those exact same people in the office because it might risk her health. 

Also she volunteered herself to organise the Christmas do. Arranged a big booze up in a hotel, was there hugging everyone ****** up with no masks etc.

Then back to losing her mind again the next day saying she can’t believe the management are asking her to return to the office and what a risk they are putting her in. 

Completely boggles the mind! 

3 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Theres one woman in our work who’s completely lost her mind. 

Any time we are asking to work from the office she loses the plot and phones the management 20+ times within an hour ranting about how she can’t be near anyone else because she is vulnerable. 

She can’t be in the office with anyone in the team due to the risk to her health as she has very very mild asthma. Doesn’t require a pump or any sort of meds. 

She is triple jabbed now. During the height of infections and covid spread she met up with several members of the team to go for walks, go for coffee, drive around in their car to appointments etc, but turned around and said she can’t possibly meet those exact same people in the office because it might risk her health. 

Also she volunteered herself to organise the Christmas do. Arranged a big booze up in a hotel, was there hugging everyone ****** up with no masks etc.

Then back to losing her mind again the next day saying she can’t believe the management are asking her to return to the office and what a risk they are putting her in. 

Completely boggles the mind! 

It does boggle the mind. 
The wife of my OH’s boss has asthma, type 2 diabetes and is greatly overweight. 
One minute she was shielding, the next she wasn’t. It all depended on who was in the restaurant ( she’s a bit of a social climber )  as they get some rather wealthy customers. 

There was a ‘tasting session’ during the dine out to help out period, and we all went ( under the strictest of guidelines of course on her insistence 🙂) to taste what the chef was trying out. Some clients had left a box of chocolates which she commandeered, and while we tried out the food she tucked into those and then sat amongst us all while she nibbled away at the bits which were left. 
When she eventually got covid it was after she and her husband visited relatives knowing full well one of them was showing symptoms, because her sister in law had a brand new Louis Vuitton bag she had bought but didn’t like, and so was going to give it to her.  The place of work was shut for ten days after they infected the rest of the staff ( both blamed other sources ) and my OH lost a weeks wages as she wasn’t infected but couldn’t work because everyone else was. She eventually had her wages made up.  

She was led in by the hand by her husband on the first day it reopened, looking feeble and pathetic apparently, hardly being able to talk, and then asked my OH to do her shift as she was still too weak.
OH said she had perked up considerably before leaving, having passed on her shift to someone else.
🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Scully said:

It does boggle the mind. 
The wife of my OH’s boss has asthma, type 2 diabetes and is greatly overweight. 
One minute she was shielding, the next she wasn’t. It all depended on who was in the restaurant ( she’s a bit of a social climber )  as they get some rather wealthy customers. 

There was a ‘tasting session’ during the dine out to help out period, and we all went ( under the strictest of guidelines of course on her insistence 🙂) to taste what the chef was trying out. Some clients had left a box of chocolates which she commandeered, and while we tried out the food she tucked into those and then sat amongst us all while she nibbled away at the bits which were left. 
When she eventually got covid it was after she and her husband visited relatives knowing full well one of them was showing symptoms, because her sister in law had a brand new Louis Vuitton bag she had bought but didn’t like, and so was going to give it to her.  The place of work was shut for ten days after they infected the rest of the staff ( both blamed other sources ) and my OH lost a weeks wages as she wasn’t infected but couldn’t work because everyone else was. She eventually had her wages made up.  

She was led in by the hand by her husband on the first day it reopened, looking feeble and pathetic apparently, hardly being able to talk, and then asked my OH to do her shift as she was still too weak.
OH said she had perked up considerably before leaving, having passed on her shift to someone else.
🤷‍♂️

First day back for me yesterday and I felt exhausted last night but all I had was a burning nose originally  . I went cycling since my isolation and it killed me 😂 but I think it’s because I ate too much watching the tv on my own 😂😂😂.

im asthmatic and so is my dad . Both on steroids but both triple jabbed . 

9 minutes ago, team tractor said:

First day back for me yesterday and I felt exhausted last night but all I had was a burning nose originally  . I went cycling since my isolation and it killed me 😂 but I think it’s because I ate too much watching the tv on my own 😂😂😂.

im asthmatic and so is my dad . Both on steroids but both triple jabbed . 

I think it does linger a bit, especially if folk don’t take the time to rest while they have it. I was very lethargic for some time, despite going back to work, and OH still isn’t 100% . Has a horrendous cough at times 

9 hours ago, ordnance said:

To answer the question is Covid over no, wishful thinking. Restrictions being lifted and the end of Covid are two different things.  

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, you are free to cope with it in any way you deem necessary, without it interfering in the lives of others. 

11 hours ago, ordnance said:

To answer the question is Covid over no, wishful thinking. Restrictions being lifted and the end of Covid are two different things.  

I really feel for you ordnance.  I feel that we should be doing everything possible to help those that are still genuinely at risk , and to help those that aren't at risk , but still feel that they are . The government and press certainly did their very best to convince us all that we were all going to die , and that message will take a lot of coming to terms with for lots of people. 

With hindsight.  Mungler and a few other pw members called it right . We should have been giving assistance ( medical and financial) , to those that needed it , and the rest of the world should have been allowed to just get on with it , but whether it would have played out well , we'll never know I suppose .

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Either way, you are free to cope with it in any way you deem necessary, without it interfering in the lives of others. 

So much this!

I find astonishing that people still haven't grasped that this is an airborne virus, there is no 'over'. 

The genie cannot put back in its bottle.  Learning to live with the risk is the only option.  Even the Office for National Statistics now acknowledges in terms of the body count, it's less severe than the winter flu.

9 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I really feel for you ordnance.  I feel that we should be doing everything possible to help those that are still genuinely at risk , and to help those that aren't at risk , but still feel that they are . The government and press certainly did their very best to convince us all that we were all going to die , and that message will take a lot of coming to terms with for lots of people. 

With hindsight.  Mungler and a few other pw members called it right . We should have been giving assistance ( medical and financial) , to those that needed it , and the rest of the world should have been allowed to just get on with it , but whether it would have played out well , we'll never know I suppose .

No sure why you feel for me, I have worked trough the pandemic ( some forced furlough ) and made very few changes to my usual lifestyle. I do not make my health care decisions on what the government does, restrictions or no restrictions will make no difference to me. 

9 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

So much this!

I find astonishing that people still haven't grasped that this is an airborne virus, there is no 'over'. 

The genie cannot put back in its bottle.  Learning to live with the risk is the only option.  Even the Office for National Statistics now acknowledges in terms of the body count, it's less severe than the winter flu.

I missed that do you have a link/ quote ? 

Learning to live with the risk is the only option.

I hear this all the time, Is it not stating the obvious. 

Edited by ordnance

14 minutes ago, ordnance said:

No sure why you feel for me, I have worked trough the pandemic ( some forced furlough ) and made very few changes to my usual lifestyle. I do not make my health care decisions on what the government does, restrictions or no restrictions will make no difference to me. 

My meaning was that I feel for anyone that still has fears over covid ( real or imagined). 

If you don't care either way , and you have no intention of letting any restrictions effect you , why are you so upset over everything ?.

30 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

My meaning was that I feel for anyone that still has fears over covid ( real or imagined). 

If you don't care either way , and you have no intention of letting any restrictions effect you , why are you so upset over everything ?.

What do you mean by fears, most people don't want to get ill with anything is that fear or common sense.  I am not upset as i said it will make no difference to me one way or another, the restrictions that were in place didn't effect me. But its not just about me its also about millions in the UK that are at high risk, lifting the restriction to isolate if positive for example going to work etc spreading it around i would question. I think for the people that Covid could well kill, it would be perfectly understandable to be fearful of catching Covid. 

Edited by ordnance