Mk38 or?

muncher

I have been considering a MK38 Sporter which new are around £1700. Just wondering if I would get a better second hand gun for around that budget and would be interested in PW input. I intend to use it for fowling so 3 inch would be a must. I know people will say not to take a nice gun on the marsh, but what about the fowlers that take old expensive 8 bores etc. anyway  looking forward to your replies. 

18 minutes ago, PeterHenry said:

I have a Browning 425 Special Waterfowl with 3 1/2" chambers - you could pick one of those up for well below the price you are looking at. And as long as you don't go for the camo dipped one, they are smart enough to take along to most driven days.

I already have one in the cabinet 😁👍

I am a miroku fan (I have 2), but £1700 gets you a lot of gun and there is a vast amount of options available to you. For instance, I like the look and feel of the latest Winchester sporters and field models which are steel proofed and come with 3in chambers, and you will get enough change to buy 1000 carts as well.

1 hour ago, muncher said:

I have been considering a MK38 Sporter which new are around £1700. Just wondering if I would get a better second hand gun for around that budget and would be interested in PW input. I intend to use it for fowling so 3 inch would be a must. I know people will say not to take a nice gun on the marsh, but what about the fowlers that take old expensive 8 bores etc. anyway  looking forward to your replies. 

My friend bought a mk38 And uses it for everything from ducks all be it inland to clays and everything in between Great guns 

Mk38 is browning flagship 725 iirc !

Mechanically both should life a lifetime or 2 woodwork can be prone to splitting! I have personal experience of this !

still trying to find a suitable replacement for my 725 if I chop it in but again like you struggling. 

blazers were one I thought about but heard one or two stories regarding them that worries me 

Agriv8

2 hours ago, muncher said:

the gun i would take with me on the marsh would be the one that would be easy enough for me to take apart and clean the mud and salt out of......

40 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Something in the Guerini Invictus stable?

Not looked or talked to my gun man about these - time to do some reading !

the 725 i have is fantastic 32 barrels and the sporter 1 model officially a clay buster but works just as well with high geese and duck 3 inch chambered as well so choice of steel carts is ok (have to be red of course ) too heavy to lug around all day on a walked up day ! 

Any decent quality 28g  number 8 and 1/2 choke can hit everything at Coniston SG when the Norbert pulling the trigger is on form. 

To be fair last repair holding strong an I can hold my own against the shooting buddy so might have to stop

if you are of a delicate disposition look away now ! 

73C072FD-33D0-4FD5-B8DE-12E1231BCD58.jpeg.d0f37d711d009b30d28800524469c0a2.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Something in the Guerini Invictus stable?

Not looked or talked to my gun man about these - time to do some reading !

the 725 i have is fantastic 32 barrels and the sporter 1 model officially a clay buster but works just as well with high geese and duck 3 inch chambered as well so choice of steel carts is ok (have to be red of course ) too heavy to lug around all day on a walked up day ! 

Any decent quality 28g  number 8 and 1/2 choke can hit everything at Coniston SG when the Norbert pulling the trigger is on form. 

To be fair last repair holding strong an I can hold my own against the shooting buddy so might have to stop

if you are of a delicate disposition look away now ! 

13CABE26-E9C7-4034-A7FC-7F69E6B9EF5E.jpeg