Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

On 04/09/2022 at 00:56, Jim Neal said:

Seriously who's up for this?

1. We set up a crowd-fund for Mungler and Rewulf: three days in a Premier Inn of their mutual agreement somewhere between Nottingham and Essex (Weirdly, that's around Kettering).
  2. Separate single rooms, bar and food bill paid for.
  3. Someone neutral acts as the referee (OK I'll do it as long as I'm included on the bar tab).
  4. Some sort of conclusion is reached about where each of them stands on this, and they agree to cement their mutual respect, albeit with different opinions, into the annals of history.
  5. A moderator locks this topic with a definitive final statement.

Better still have a long range shooting weekend at Bisley, and even chuck in a round of clay's. 

We could camp for the weekend. They could discuss it all round the campfire 😃

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stonepark said:

Russia to Ukraine Yamal gas flow was halted very early on due to syphoning and non payment I believe

I've not seen anything about syphoning, but I suppose its quite possible to tap the pipeline at various sections. 

These older reports tend to conflict with some of what you said. From what I can see, there isn't any pipeline that connects Poland to Ukraine, Yamal runs through Belarus. 

It's all very confusing. 

https://www.offshore-technology.com/news/russian-gas-flows-through-the-yamal-europe-pipeline-remain-stable/#:~:text=Russian Gas flows through the Yamal-Europe pipeline remain stable,-Russian gas imports&text=Russian gas deliveries to Europe,to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/physical-gas-flows-yamal-europe-pipeline-mallnow-halt-gascade-data-2022-05-02/

The 2nd link does say that westward gas resumed in May, briefly, I can't find anything more recent than the Chinese link about westward flows through yamal. 

https://english-alarabiya-net.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/english.alarabiya.net/amp/business/energy/2022/04/27/Gas-flows-into-Poland-from-Germany-via-Yamal-Europe-pipeline-jump?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=16623677541011&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fenglish.alarabiya.net%2Fbusiness%2Fenergy%2F2022%2F04%2F27%2FGas-flows-into-Poland-from-Germany-via-Yamal-Europe-pipeline-jump

This is an interesting take on the subject of Russian gas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvg46c-ZviI

Basically it suggests the US are using the purported petro price cap as a means to hurt Russia, but by the G7 implementing  it , Europe gets thrown under the bus of shortages.
The US doesnt need Russian gas, its self sufficient. While the EU suffers, US gas and oil becomes more important, and to a lesser extent, the Saudis too.
This has the effect of hurting not only Russia, but also removing a competitive EU from the trade equation.

Those North sea oil fields are about to become a whole lot more important in any case, and quite possibly , domestic coal mines too.
France are reinstating some mothballed nuclear plants, and Germany are following suite, while also getting their dirty  lignite stations back up and running.
The green agenda will be chucked under the bus, likely along with the concept of 'ever closer union'

This is going to cause ripples of chaos across Europe, and while Russia will take a beating economically, so will the rest of us.
Ukraine probably thinks its in line for a massive rebuild when this is all over, but I fear the coffers will be empty by them.

So, amongst other things, the Chinese sensor their internet, reprogram their own citizens and a whole generation don’t know about Tiananmen Square because the state successfully expunged the event from all websites, textbooks, forms of media and internet websites etc  

Russia will routinely arrest anyone protesting against the war with and invasion of Ukraine (and anyone who still insists on adopting, using and ratifying the self serving Russian terminology of ‘special military operation’ or ‘SMO’ really needs to give their head a wobble) and of course any dissenting political opposition will be routinely locked up or assassinated.

Where is my first port of call for any factual information? Answer, None of the above, and understandably / rationally so.

So, speculate away, in the meantime we can all place our bets. This is Russia’s Afghanistan II and it won’t end the way they want it to, or the way any of the supporters of the SMO want 😆

29 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Where is my first port of call for any factual information? Answer, None of the above, and understandably / rationally so.

Soooo, now you have all that out your system, do you have a 'trusted' source that can confirm or deny that ALL Russian gas is stopped from coming to Europe.?
Which was the original question.

23 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Soooo, now you have all that out your system, do you have a 'trusted' source that can confirm or deny that ALL Russian gas is stopped from coming to Europe.?

There’s no point. The other operational lines go east, Poland has been sanctioned by Russia, it’s all very interesting but the long story short is Nordstream 1 is shut, supplies in totality have been throttled / substantially reduced and prices as a result are off the chart.

You appear to be trying to suggest it’s a big leaky maintenance no harm intended by Russia scenario and that’s because other pipes are still working (for now) in part and that doesn’t stand up and isn’t reflected in pricing.

You won’t have it any other way, neither will I and so I’ve worked out I am wasting my time. 

The end result is the end result.

What concerns me is that people on here are cheering on invading Russian aggression with unbridled glee - there’s a couple of nutters on here who have outted themselves and who certainly need psychometric testing. 

So, let’s check back next year on this and in the meantime chalk up the fact that whoever predicted an early Russian whitewash victory and Zelensky being removed by his own people, has already been conclusively proven wrong.

Edited by Mungler

4 minutes ago, Mungler said:

There’s no point. The other operational lines go east, Poland has been sanctioned by Russia, it’s all very interesting but the long story short is Nordstream 1 is shut, supplies in totality have been throttled / substantially reduced and prices as a result are off the chart.

I think youve gone off a bit prematurely here, someone mentioned that all Russian gas to Europe had stopped because Nordstream had stopped.
Im pretty sure that is not correct, as there are other overland pipes that bring gas in, all did was mention I couldnt find a decent source for this claim.
So, Ill ask you again , can you find a source to confirm or deny this ?
Saying 'there is no point' because you cannot, is not really an answer, just say 'No , I cant find that information'

8 minutes ago, Mungler said:

You appear to be trying to suggest it’s a big leaky maintenance no harm intended by Russia scenario and that’s because other pipes are still working (for now) in part and that doesn’t stand up and isn’t reflected in pricing.

You won’t have it any other way, neither will I and so I’ve worked out I am wasting my time. 

The end result is the end result.

Im suggesting nothing of the sort, Im giving you quotes from western media , I thought you trusted them ?
Pricing going up on gas and oil, started long before Ukraine kicked off, so a bit more gas for Germany to suck up , isnt going to matter a jot to pricing.
All Im trying to do is see if there is any truth to the media claim that Russian gas has stopped on all pipes, because then , we are ALL going to have a problem this winter.

Why dont you use that brain of yours to figure out why the EU would agree to the US  suggested petro price cap, when they are desperate for Russian petro products ?
And if you think they arent , why do they keep bleating about it every time Nordstream gets shut down ?
If they dont need Russian gas, why dont they just shut up about it ?

16 minutes ago, Mungler said:

What concerns me is that people on here are cheering on invading Russian aggression with unbridled glee - there’s a couple of nutters on here who have pitted themselves and who certainly need psychometric testing. 

NO ONE has done that, and to level accusations of such, AND call into question their sanity is sinking down to a very low level.
Calling people names, and questioning their morality and integrity , just because they dont agree with your view of the situation, shows a level of immaturity and ignorance I wouldnt have expected of you.

18 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I think youve gone off a bit prematurely here, someone mentioned that all Russian gas to Europe had stopped because Nordstream had stopped.
Im pretty sure that is not correct, as there are other overland pipes that bring gas in, all did was mention I couldnt find a decent source for this claim.
So, Ill ask you again , can you find a source to confirm or deny this ?
Saying 'there is no point' because you cannot, is not really an answer, just say 'No , I cant find that information'

Im suggesting nothing of the sort, Im giving you quotes from western media , I thought you trusted them ?
Pricing going up on gas and oil, started long before Ukraine kicked off, so a bit more gas for Germany to suck up , isnt going to matter a jot to pricing.
All Im trying to do is see if there is any truth to the media claim that Russian gas has stopped on all pipes, because then , we are ALL going to have a problem this winter.

Why dont you use that brain of yours to figure out why the EU would agree to the US  suggested petro price cap, when they are desperate for Russian petro products ?
And if you think they arent , why do they keep bleating about it every time Nordstream gets shut down ?
If they dont need Russian gas, why dont they just shut up about it ?

NO ONE has done that, and to level accusations of such, AND call into question their sanity is sinking down to a very low level.
Calling people names, and questioning their morality and integrity , just because they dont agree with your view of the situation, shows a level of immaturity and ignorance I wouldnt have expected of you.

1. Check the wholesale gas price for your answer 

2. the whole this is a US / NATO / petrochemical conspiracy has worn thin. Believe the world is flat, the CIA dropped the twin towers or Chem trails and lizard people are real, your choice, I don’t care.

3. I won’t trawl to quote the gleeful bloodthirsty replies but they are there and you will know this to be true. It’s not an insult to the users - they’re there on the thread as contemporaneous entries.

4. I’ve now worked out that if people can’t immediately work out the morality equation of the Russian invasion of and war with Ukraine, then I can’t possibly hope to explain it to them. That’s my epiphany of today.

Edited by Mungler

56 minutes ago, Mungler said:

1. Check the wholesale gas price for your answer

That's not thevery simple  answer I'm asking for is it? 

56 minutes ago, Mungler said:

2. the whole this is a US / NATO / petrochemical conspiracy has worn thin. Believe the world is flat, the CIA dropped the twin towers or Chem trails and lizard people are real, your choice, I don’t care

Why is it people always reach for things like Chem trails and flat earth conspiracies when they don't like someone's viewpoint, is it the answer to every difficult question? 

We're talking about Ukraine, it's not a conspiracy why it started. 

57 minutes ago, Mungler said:

3. I won’t trawl to quote the gleeful bloodthirsty replies but they are there and you will know this to be true. It’s not an insult to the users - they’re there on the thread as contemporaneous entries

Well sorry, I don't recall these numerous gleeful bloodthirsty comments, there's plenty of them on YouTube or Ukrainian media about how many orcs and rashists they've 'liquidated' today, maybe you're confused by those gleeful and bloodthirsty comments? 

57 minutes ago, Mungler said:

4. I’ve now worked out that if people can’t immediately work out the morality equation of the Russian invasion of and war with Ukraine, then I can’t possibly hope to explain it to them. That’s my epiphany of today

Block everyone, then you won't have to, simples. 

5 hours ago, Rewulf said:

This is an interesting take on the subject of Russian gas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvg46c-ZviI

Basically it suggests the US are using the purported petro price cap as a means to hurt Russia, but by the G7 implementing  it , Europe gets thrown under the bus of shortages.
The US doesnt need Russian gas, its self sufficient. While the EU suffers, US gas and oil becomes more important, and to a lesser extent, the Saudis too.
This has the effect of hurting not only Russia, but also removing a competitive EU from the trade equation.

Those North sea oil fields are about to become a whole lot more important in any case, and quite possibly , domestic coal mines too.
France are reinstating some mothballed nuclear plants, and Germany are following suite, while also getting their dirty  lignite stations back up and running.
The green agenda will be chucked under the bus, likely along with the concept of 'ever closer union'

This is going to cause ripples of chaos across Europe, and while Russia will take a beating economically, so will the rest of us.
Ukraine probably thinks its in line for a massive rebuild when this is all over, but I fear the coffers will be empty by them.

With my tin hat on: Might that be a good plan to get some UK North Sea producing again - with some for sale to EU countries while the price is such a good earner... as payback for EU anti Brexit stunts like migrant boats, Ni protocol etc.

2 hours ago, Mungler said:

4. I’ve now worked out that if people can’t immediately work out the morality equation of the Russian invasion of and war with Ukraine, then I can’t possibly hope to explain it to them. That’s my epiphany of today.

Don't worry, I long ago worked out that trying to explain morality of governments randomly shelling, killing and assassinating their supposedly own people as the unlawfully elected Ukraine governments did between 2014 and the 22 SMO in the breakaway republics is futile when they drool over the propaganda emitted by the West's Governments and MSM.

I admit I can't possibly hope to get them to understand that if you substitute Ukraine for Syria, Yemen, Liya, Iraq or Afghanistan and Russia for USA, UK, or NATO, they were no where to be found or heard calling out the attrocities of war committed by the West..., It's like they agree that it's ok to kill people as long as it's the "right" people.... 

Tell us Mungler as you noticibly avoid answering.....

was Iraq war justified after West had told Kuwait they would back them if they syphoned off Iraq's oil,

was Iraq 2 justified when 9\11 terrorists were mainly Saudi,

was Libya justified because Gaddafi like Sadam started accepting Euros and other currencies for oil,

is Yemen justified because they were electing Governments who were anti Saudi Royals,

was Afghanistan justified for briefly hiding Osama Bin Ladin when in reality he spent most of his time in Pakistan and

was Syria justified because they objected to USA trying to cause a revolution in their country and it failed unlike Ukraine one?

Will China be justified in reintegrating Taiwan in the near future... Because your support of Ukraine reclaiming the break away republics is no different.... 8 years or 80 years, makes no difference to precedence.

Edited by Stonepark

2 hours ago, Stonepark said:

Don't worry, I long ago worked out that trying to explain morality of governments randomly shelling, killing and assassinating their supposedly own people as the unlawfully elected Ukraine governments did between 2014 and the 22 SMO in the breakaway republics is futile when they drool over the propaganda emitted by the West's Governments and MSM.

I admit I can't possibly hope to get them to understand that if you substitute Ukraine for Syria, Yemen, Liya, Iraq or Afghanistan and Russia for USA, UK, or NATO, they were no where to be found or heard calling out the attrocities of war committed by the West..., It's like they agree that it's ok to kill people as long as it's the "right" people.... 

Tell us Mungler as you noticibly avoid answering.....

was Iraq war justified after West had told Kuwait they would back them if they syphoned off Iraq's oil,

was Iraq 2 justified when 9\11 terrorists were mainly Saudi,

was Libya justified because Gaddafi like Sadam started accepting Euros and other currencies for oil,

is Yemen justified because they were electing Governments who were anti Saudi Royals,

was Afghanistan justified for briefly hiding Osama Bin Ladin when in reality he spent most of his time in Pakistan and

was Syria justified because they objected to USA trying to cause a revolution in their country and it failed unlike Ukraine one?

Will China be justified in reintegrating Taiwan in the near future... Because your support of Ukraine reclaiming the break away republics is no different.... 8 years or 80 years, makes no difference to precedence.

If I had a pound for each item Iraq gets a mention, I wouldn’t have to go to work tomorrow.

I’ve never backed an invasion of anywhere in my life and I’m not starting now.

Will I back the totalitarian regime that is China invading the democracy that is Taiwan; nope. 

You are welcome to disagree because it makes no difference to anything. 

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

That's not thevery simple  answer I'm asking for is it? 

Why is it people always reach for things like Chem trails and flat earth conspiracies when they don't like someone's viewpoint, is it the answer to every difficult question? 

We're talking about Ukraine, it's not a conspiracy why it started. 

Well sorry, I don't recall these numerous gleeful bloodthirsty comments, there's plenty of them on YouTube or Ukrainian media about how many orcs and rashists they've 'liquidated' today, maybe you're confused by those gleeful and bloodthirsty comments? 

Block everyone, then you won't have to, simples. 

But there you go, dismiss flat earth and Chem trails but silent on the twin towers. What about the moon landing? I reckon I’m two for two there. The point is you can find conspiracy  anywhere if you want to, and you may do as you please.

You tube is full of loons and you can find all manner of videos on there including those from David Icke but I’m not talking about You Tube, I am talking about the support for a Russian invasion and the wholesale murder that comes with it on here - if you haven’t read some of the comments from a couple of people and winced then there’s no point in me evening finishing typing out this paragraph. I think you have seen the comments which is why we get the random deflection about You Tube.

2 hours ago, Gordon R said:

If there is a showdown, my money is on Mungler. His ace up his sleeve is sanity.

You know it 😀

Edited by Mungler

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

But there you go, dismiss flat earth and Chem trails but silent on the twin towers. What about the moon landing? I reckon I’m two for two there.

You missed lizard people, I didn't mention them either, so by your peculiar logic, I must believe in them too 😂

I think you have seen the comments which is why we get the random deflection about You Tube.

So I'm a liar then, as well as a nutter and Russian spy, you really don't like it when people dont share your views? 

I'm waiting for the comment about FAC  suitability next, you might as well throw the kitchen sink of insults while we're at it. 

What a non comment, nothing either of us say makes a difference. 

You seem to forget it's just a forum where people chew the fat. 

If you think you are carrying some kind of torch for Ukraine, you're more delusional than Mr icke 🤣

58 minutes ago, mchughcb said:

I still believe it. They wanted that power station back. Not sure why you find its funny, its 20% of the country's electricity supply they need.

I was laughing at anyone who believed a single word the Russians ever said.

Oh and too late now with a false display of concern for the Ukrainian people - you are one of two names firmly in my ‘weirdo book’, the other being Clangerman.

52 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

You missed lizard people, I didn't mention them either, so by your peculiar logic, I must believe in them too 😂

So I'm a liar then, as well as a nutter and Russian spy, you really don't like it when people dont share your views? 

I'm waiting for the comment about FAC  suitability next, you might as well throw the kitchen sink of insults while we're at it. 

What a non comment, nothing either of us say makes a difference. 

You seem to forget it's just a forum where people chew the fat. 

If you think you are carrying some kind of torch for Ukraine, you're more delusional than Mr icke 🤣

That is pure obfuscation. 

1. if you believe that the CIA dropped the twin towers or that the moon landings didn’t happen then you already love a conspiracy perhaps a little too much.

2. as for some of the comments of mchughcb and Clangerman, if you find them acceptable then I can’t begin to explain to you why they are not. And I note that the same cannot be said of anyone expressing a sympathetic view to  Ukraine on here (although you have assured me that those who support Ukrsine are unpleasant on You Tube which is not relevant to me or the point I am making on here).

3. I’m always happy to chew the fat until the point it becomes pointless and we have now overshot that point and shot through the notion and point of any morality attaching to the nuclear super power that is Russia invading its weaker neighbour and committing mass murder in so doing. indeed the only progress in this discussion appears to be that Stonepark has stopped calling the Russian invasion a ‘special military operation or SMO’ for at least 24 hours anyway 

5 hours ago, Rewulf said:

No the original question which you have still yet to answer was :

Again, I’ll ask the question and to underline the point - Nordstream 1 closure and the continued throttling of gas supplies - do you think that is because of plannedmaintenance or because of any of the other Kremlin stated reasons, today’s one being a leak? Simple enough question.

And you still bend in the wind, don’t commit an answer, post pages off weird and wonderful websites all the while questioning everyone else’s sources.

Try this one for size - from today’s FT.

Russia switches off Europe’s main gas pipeline until sanctions are lifted

Gazprom had previously said it was halting flows through Nord Stream 1 because of a technical fault

Russia’s gas supplies to Europe via the Nord Stream 1 pipeline will not resume in full until the “collective west” lifts sanctions against Moscow over its invasion of Ukraine, the Kremlin has said.

Dmitry Peskov, President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman, blamed EU, UK and Canadian sanctions for Russia’s failure to deliver gas through the key pipeline, which pumps gas to Germany from St Petersburg via the Baltic Sea.

Although Moscow continues to claim technical faults have caused the cuts in gas supplies, Peskov’s comments were the starkest demand yet by the Kremlin that it wants the EU to roll back its sanctions in exchange for Russia resuming full gas deliveries to the continent.

European leaders have said Russia’s technical issues are a ruse and have accused Moscow of “weaponising” its energy exports to retaliate against the western sanctions.

“The problems pumping gas came about because of the sanctions western countries introduced against our country and several companies,” Peskov was quoted as saying by the Interfax news agency. “There are no other reasons that could have caused this pumping problem.”

Gazprom, Russia’s state-run gas monopoly, said late on Friday it would halt gas supplies through Nord Stream 1 because of a technical fault, which it blamed on difficulties repairing German-made turbines in Canada.

The announcement came just hours after G7 nations announced efforts to introduce a price cap on Russian oil exports.

The plan is aimed at hampering Moscow’s efforts to fund its war machine through hydrocarbon sales. Russia has offset much of the economic hit from the sanctions thanks to its oil and gas revenues, which are benefiting from the sky-high energy prices since the conflict began.

Peskov said the sanctions made it impossible to service the turbines or receive guarantees they would be repaired. “It was these sanctions, that western governments introduced, which brought the situation to what we see now,” he said.

The German government and the EU have disputed the technical justification.

“It is important to recall that there is not just one gas pipeline from Russia to Europe,” said Tim McPhie, the European Commission’s energy spokesman on Monday. “If there was a technical problem which was impeding supplies via Nord Stream 1, there would be a possibility, if there was willingness, to deliver gas to Europe through other pipelines. That’s something we’re not seeing happening.”

The euro fell to a 20-year low against the dollar, dropping as much as 0.7 per cent to $0.988 in London trading on Monday, the first time markets have been open since Gazprom’s surprise announcements.

Russia is still supplying gas to Europe via Soviet-era pipelines through Ukraine that have remained open despite the invasion, as well as the South Stream pipeline via Turkey.

But supplies along the northern pipeline routes, including Nord Stream 1 and the pipelines through Ukraine, have fallen by more than 90 per cent between September last year and today, according to Refinitiv data.

Serhiy Makogon, chief executive of Ukraine’s gas transportation pipeline operator, said there were “no signs” Russia planned to compensate by pumping more natural gas through Ukraine.

He said Gazprom was currently pumping 41m cubic metres of gas daily through the Ukrainian route — just over half the maximum possible 77mcm under their contract.

Volumes on the southern TurkStream pipeline, which primarily supplies Turkey and countries in southern Europe, have not fallen in the same way but are less critical to supplying Europe’s largest economies.

Higher supplies from Norway, the UK, north Africa and increased imports of LNG have helped to an extent offset the loss of Russian supplies, which prior to the crisis made up about 40 per cent of European consumption. But the shortfall in September for countries reliant on the northern routes was still in the region of 20 per cent compared with last year.

Laurent Ruseckas, an analyst at S&P Global, said that Russian flows to Europe were now down more than 80 per cent since the start of 2021. Russia started gently squeezing supplies prior to the invasion of Ukraine, but has made much larger cuts in recent months after the west sanctioned Moscow over the war.

Josep Borrell, the EU’s chief diplomat, on Monday acknowledged that certain political factions in the bloc wanted the EU to drop its support for Ukraine, push Kyiv into a ceasefire and abandon sanctions against Russia to ease economic pressure on European countries. He said those views were “not representative” of the position adopted by member states.

Borrell spoke after protests in recent days in Czech Republic and Germany against the rising cost of living and comments from Czech politicians on Monday calling for a new attitude from the EU.

Borrell, speaking alongside Ukraine’s prime minister in Brussels, said there is “clear, complete, unwavering support of all [EU] governments to our position”.

We’re still waiting for your answer to that simple question 😆😆😆

34 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Oh and too late now with a false display of concern for the Ukrainian people - you are one of two names firmly in my ‘weirdo book’, the other being Clangerman

I can't speak for clangerman, but what I will say, is you seem to have got little bit carried away with it all. 😂

I'd try and relax, don't be too hard on yourself, it's not good for you. 

7 minutes ago, Mungler said:

We’re still waiting for your answer to that simple question

I did answer it, at length, you seem to have missed it, in one of your moments. 

Thanks for the FT link BTW, it does confirm what I suspected. 

I was laughing at anyone who believed a single word the Russians ever said.

Oh and too late now with a false display of concern for the Ukrainian people - you are one of two names firmly in my ‘weirdo book’, the other being Clangerman.

when it come to weird mate try a mirror YOU are the only person insulting people on this thread 

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

I can't speak for clangerman, but what I will say, is you seem to have got little bit carried away with it all. 😂

I'd try and relax, don't be too hard on yourself, it's not good for you. 

I did answer it, at length, you seem to have missed it, in one of your moments. 

Thanks for the FT link BTW, it does confirm what I suspected. 

The Nordstream pipeline is a great case in point. We had pages and pages of waffle from you straight from the Kremlin typewriter.  Your starting position was that the throttling and reduction of supply was all perfectly normal and that any suggestion that it was deliberate on the part of Russia was MSM spin and misinformation.

Then comes the cut off of supply on Nordstream 1 under the ruse of maintenance, then a leak etc. The Russians have now helpfully confirmed that they turned the tap of Nordstream 1 off deliberately and to get back at Europe.

This isn’t about whether Russia should or could have turned the tap off. This is about blindly accepting Russian ‘news’ aka propaganda hook line and sinker - and you did and you were wrong. 

The FT article has not confirmed what you said all those pages ago when Russia first started to interfere with supply - you remember, where you said that it was perfectly normal maintenance and they wouldn’t turn the tap off because it would affect their oil revenue 😀 

You should try watching a bit more MSM and get some balance to your crazy totalitarian state sponsored news sources 😆

3 hours ago, clangerman said:

when it come to weird mate try a mirror YOU are the only person insulting people on this thread 

In fairness it’s not ‘weird’ to point and laugh at nutters 😀

Edited by Mungler

3 hours ago, clangerman said:

I have no idea what he is on about. 20% of the Ukraine electrical energy comes from that plant. The Ukrainians tried to seize it back and failed.

Somehow that statement is funny and means I've got some sympathy?

The sad reality is Europe and NATO is fighting a proxy war in a country they that is neither and soldiers are dying in places people can't find on a map on a peace deal that could have been signed and observed in February.

Meanwhile the Europe is going to get very cold soon.

Hands up, who is surprised that Russia who controls the gas is restricting supplies??

I said way way back that they would just turn it off, but was told they couldn't,  whilst trying to read through some of the stuff posted,  @Mungler posted that a plant in Germany uses as much energy as Denmark? Which seems crazy and that current supplies are 80% down since the start of 2021

It's been a dry warm summer, the weather is starting to turn, so if Moscow are being hammered by sanctions it seems perfectly obvious that they will hit back with the same.

I don't think it will be long before several countries are saying sanctions should be lifted, just a case of who blinks first, Germany,  France or the UK I don't see it being us.

Edited by Mice!