Just how much longer will the BBC and ITV keep trotting out the pointless coverage?

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Fair enough, but if you extend that logic....Do you dance round a maypole?  Are you, indeed, a practicing

Why would i dance around the maypole as i am Welsh and yes i am a catholic i went to a convent school ST Albans 

14 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Christian?  Do you, er, like August? 😂

Why whats wrong with August quite a nice month 🤷‍♀️

34 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Why would i dance around the maypole as i am Welsh and yes i am a catholic i went to a convent school ST Albans 

May day bank holiday.  Surely, if only people in favour of the monarchy should be taking a day off, only people who actually twirl round a pole should not have to go into work on that day.

Similarly, most of the other bank holidays (Easter etc) are Christian celebrations, therefore surely only practicing followers of that religion should get a day off.

34 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Why whats wrong with August quite a nice month 🤷‍♀️

August Bank holiday.

Edited by udderlyoffroad

2 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

May day bank holiday.  Surely, if only people in favour of the monarchy should be taking a day off, only people who actually twirl round a pole should not have to go into work on that day.

Similarly, most of the other bank holidays (Easter etc) are Christian celebrations, therefore surely only practicing followers of that religion should get a day off.

August Bank holiday.

🤣🤣 i am off shooting now 

Bank holidays don’t make a bit of difference to me. 🙂 No paid time off or double time for working. However , I’m on holiday next week so will be off anyhow! OH wants to watch it but no tv where we’re going, so may sit in a pub somewhere in Northumberland and raise a quiet glass to Maj’….or two. Or three. Or four…..😀OH can then carry me home! 

25 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

well the cameras have just caught the new PM laughing and joking whilst the plane carrying the Queens body was landing , the look on her face was something to behold when she realized she was being filmed.

So people are not allowed to laugh and joke? you cannot be sombre 24/7 sometimes in the heaviness of death a little smile can relive the tension,The Prime Minister is only human.

1 minute ago, welsh1 said:

So people are not allowed to laugh and joke? you cannot be sombre 24/7 sometimes in the heaviness of death a little smile can relive the tension,The Prime Minister is only human.

give over ! even elastic legs should show a bit of decorum at a time like this ! make of it what you want , I and the rest of the world could see that holds no respect for the deceased Queen ! 

12 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

give over ! even elastic legs should show a bit of decorum at a time like this ! make of it what you want , I and the rest of the world could see that holds no respect for the deceased Queen ! 

Maybe you should have a go at the female officer with Princess Ann for daring to smile and laugh while talking to her as they walked along the runway.
Get over yourself trying to pick holes in people because you may not like them, not everyone it appears can come up to your very high standards.

21 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

I dont get all this plastic grief, this is not a trajedy - it's life. A nine year old girl being shot to death in her garden is a trajedy.

You don't get it , so no amount of explanation would help you to understand. 👍

35 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

I dont get all this plastic grief, this is not a trajedy - it's life. A nine year old girl being shot to death in her garden is a trajedy.

Exactly.

20 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

An awful lot of people both here and around the world really don't care.

Edited by Wymondley

2 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

It's clear for all to see by the crowds in Scotland , and London  , and around the world,  just how many people don't care.

Just bumped into a local lass walking the dogs, she is very emotional like OH, and said she just couldn’t stop watching the coverage. 
It really is the end of an era and I don’t mind admitting it’s affected me more than I thought it would. 

10 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

It's clear for all to see by the crowds in Scotland , and London  , and around the world,  just how many people don't care.

Popularity for the royals varies, depends on what scandal is current, but it's probably about 60/40 in favour.

Puts me in a minority but still a sizeable one.

No one is telling you that you can't  grieve or whatever it is you feel you need to do, I'm asking that you respect that other people have just as much right not to care.

Edited by Wymondley

6 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

The cricket on BBC 4 is great!   :cool1:

I knew you'd remember where you'd put the remote dave 🙂.

Fair play to anyone that doesn't want to participate in any way . 

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

Just bumped into a local lass walking the dogs, she is very emotional like OH, and said she just couldn’t stop watching the coverage. 
It really is the end of an era and I don’t mind admitting it’s affected me more than I thought it would. 

I've been a fan of some of the royal family for most of my life , especially the Queen. 

I honestly didn't realise that the passing of the Queen would have such an impact on me , and the more I see on TV,  or hear on the radio,  the more I realise just what a monumental loss she is to the world. 

10 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

Popularity for the royals varies, depends on what scandal is current, but it's probably about 60/40 in favour.

Puts me in a minority but still a sizeable one.

No one is telling you that you can't  grieve or whatever it is you feel you need to do, I'm asking that you respect that other people have just as much right not to care.

I do respect other people's right to not care . You're free to have nothing whatsoever to do with proceedings.  It would also be nice if the people that don't care , respect the right of others to feel a sense of loss , and left out the snide digs.

1 minute ago, mel b3 said:

I do respect other people's right to not care . You're free to have nothing whatsoever to do with proceedings.  It would also be nice if the people that don't care , respect the right of others to feel a sense of loss , and left out the snide digs.

I apologise if you think I've made any snide digs at anyone.

I just don't "get" the monarchy, or religion or football or umpteen other things we're all supposed to support.

Try and explain it all you like, I'm never going to understand, and I'm certainly not alone.

I'm not being facetious but I'd care more if my neighbours dog had died, the Queen meant absolutely nothing to me.

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

That wasn't a snide remark , it was pure disgust . You're a disgrace , and should feel ashamed of the remark that you made . No right thinking and decent human being would have made a remark like that.

He said he didn't care about the queen whoopie do. Lots don't it is fine. Seemed a nice lady and it is sad but I never new her so apart from the initial oh that is sad that is me done.