Fac pellet recommendations

Neil23

I presume your talking about .22 cal ? 

Though you can get jsb exacts in .177  16 grn and .25 16 grn also .

I've always found that the best pellet a gun likes ,Will stay the same irrespective  of the speed you push it at .so if it likes 16 grns at 600 fps it will still like them at 950 fps .

Yeah .22..I was just worried if I put a bit more power behind it it may loose accuracy been only 16grn 🤔

17 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

I presume your talking about .22 cal ? 

Though you can get jsb exacts in .177  16 grn and .25 16 grn also .

I've always found that the best pellet a gun likes ,Will stay the same irrespective  of the speed you push it at .so if it likes 16 grns at 600 fps it will still like them at 950 fps .

37 minutes ago, Neil23 said:

Yeah .22..I was just worried if I put a bit more power behind it it may loose accuracy been only 16grn 🤔

Fella on the Agf and Rapid forums has shot 16 grain in his Fac for years, with no accuracy issues,  in his own words because there cheaper than 18 grain 🤣🤣

What speed you running them at the moment  ?  You should be able to push them up to around  975 - 1000 fps with no drop off in accuracy   .

I run .177 jsb exact at 965 fps and have had them at 1000 fps  with excellent accuracy .

Personally I find that speed kills (if your hunting ) for rabbits a birds etc. A lighter faster pellet will give a cleaner kill and be less likely to over  penetrate   than a slower heavier pellet .

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

What speed you running them at the moment  ?  You should be able to push them up to around  975 - 1000 fps with no drop off in accuracy   .

I run .177 jsb exact at 965 fps and have had them at 1000 fps  with excellent accuracy .

Personally I find that speed kills (if your hunting ) for rabbits a birds etc. A lighter faster pellet will give a cleaner kill and be less likely to over  penetrate   than a slower heavier pellet .

Not sure what its running at exactly as not had it on the chrono..but I think the last few pellets what's left in the tin I'll put thm through on full whack see how thy perform.

These jsb I'm using is the last of what was two tins I was given about 3 years ago at least.. just shows how much the air rifle gets out.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Fella on the Agf and Rapid forums has shot 16 grain in his Fac for years, with no accuracy issues,  in his own words because there cheaper than 18 grain 🤣🤣

😂😂😂 

5 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

I use JSB Jumbo in my S510 xtra in .22. It's away having a Reg fitted at the mo but previousley I run her at 80% for 30 shots then turn up to 100% for another 10 before refilling, shooting Pigeons/Crows at 55 yards as they land in a tree outside one of my woods.

1 hour ago, steve_b_wales said:

I've ordered some lastnight I got the jumbo heavy 18.33gr see what thems like as the jumbo exact was canny

If its of any help. 

I run my bsa at 23 fpe  and use jsb rs .22  13.4 grns  they fly around 870 fps and are plenty accurate enough out to 70 yds . These pellets are great at sub 12 and at fac levels .I've never really pushed them over 900 fps just because my barrel is short and it would take a lot of air to do so .Suffice to say 22 fpe is more than enough power for any quarry I intend to shoot .