Dentists

ditchman

I ...for some time need dental work..upper denture and bottom bridge...........ive had to pull 6 of my own teeth in the last 2 years......

in the last week i have phoned loads of dentists to take me on...and each one has said no to taking on NHS client ....each dentist i have offered a one off £1500 quid cash payment brown envelope to take me on..............all have refused

i find it really galling that after paying into the NHS over the last 50years........the govt have renaged on the agreement to supply cradle to the grave care.........there are millions of people like me..........

whats the answer ?

21 minutes ago, ditchman said:

I ...for some time need dental work..upper denture and bottom bridge...........ive had to pull 6 of my own teeth in the last 2 years......

in the last week i have phoned loads of dentists to take me on...and each one has said no to taking on NHS client ....each dentist i have offered a one off £1500 quid cash payment brown envelope to take me on..............all have refused

i find it really galling that after paying into the NHS over the last 50years........the govt have renaged on the agreement to supply cradle to the grave care.........there are millions of people like me..........

whats the answer ?

A trip to Turkey.

I wanted a tooth implant fitting and my dentist had no interest in doing it so I got quotes of around £2500 off several others based locally in the UK, I got in touch with a recommended dentist in Turkey and it was £450 (plus flights obviously), I decided to get some other work done while I was there and even with 2 trips it's still been over £1000 less than the UK and that's with extra work. Their practices are state of the art and their service makes the dentists I've been to in the UK comparative to a back street garage.

29 minutes ago, Deker said:

A trip to Turkey.

I wanted a tooth implant fitting and my dentist had no interest in doing it so I got quotes of around £2500 off several others based locally in the UK, I got in touch with a recommended dentist in Turkey and it was £450 (plus flights obviously), I decided to get some other work done while I was there and even with 2 trips it's still been over £1000 less than the UK and that's with extra work. Their practices are state of the art and their service makes the dentists I've been to in the UK comparative to a back street garage.

Who is the recommended dentist in Turkey?

2 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Who is the recommended dentist in Turkey?

It was a friend who recommended https://www.smiledentalturkey.com/ to me after he'd used them (after being recommended from someone else he knew), I can't fault any part of their service, well if I was being pedantic I wasn't told how long I'd be in the 'waiting room' after the procedure (I had my own room with Xbox and Netflix provided but I didn't use them as I thought I'd only be 15 minutes so if they'd told me I'd have put a movie on).

36 minutes ago, Deker said:

A trip to Turkey.

That's ok until you get a problem

3 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

That's ok until you get a problem

I agree but it was a risk I was willing to take, my UK dentist is a nightmare and if I could switch I would, he cancelled my appointment 3 times in a row and then had the cheek to complain that I hadn't been for a while when I finally went for my routine checkup, he seems to treat his 'customers' as an inconvenience and rarely gets to the practice for it opening (or at least his first appointment), he's also done a root canal for me and a bridge for my dad (when he was alive) that both needed the actual teeth removing the next visit (charging for both visits) so for me it would have been very difficult to provide a worse service.

11 minutes ago, Deker said:

I agree but it was a risk I was willing to take, my UK dentist is a nightmare and if I could switch I would, he cancelled my appointment 3 times in a row and then had the cheek to complain that I hadn't been for a while when I finally went for my routine checkup, he seems to treat his 'customers' as an inconvenience and rarely gets to the practice for it opening (or at least his first appointment), he's also done a root canal for me and a bridge for my dad (when he was alive) that both needed the actual teeth removing the next visit (charging for both visits) so for me it would have been very difficult to provide a worse service.

That's a bad way to run a practice he will lose his clients but if there is nothing else about you got to take it or go without then end up like ditchy 

1 hour ago, Deker said:

A trip to Turkey.

Rather harsh methinks, my last 2 have been first class!

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

Go private i have just finished having my implants done 

im not the duke of norfolk.........just for a laugh i phoned 5 dentists about going private ...none of them would take me on until their lists opened up again in a years time.....when the lists opened up they would want to do a reveiw appointment ..(10mins)....assesment ...cheapest one was £178 quid paid upfront

7 minutes ago, ditchman said:

im not the duke of norfolk.........just for a laugh i phoned 5 dentists about going private ...none of them would take me on until their lists opened up again in a years time.....when the lists opened up they would want to do a reveiw appointment ..(10mins)....assesment ...cheapest one was £178 quid paid upfront

I had to pay 300 upfront in total it was around 9k

I pay 20 quid a month for going private, any work is covered, a checkup/polish is about 4 quid dearer than nhs. The service is a million times better than any NHS dentist I've ever been to. I never wait in the waiting room, I get an appointment within 24hrs, mostly the same day. 

I've been  private in 2 places for the last 20 years, will never go nhs again. 

A lot cheaper than a £1500 bung and a lot better too. 

28 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

I pay 20 quid a month for going private, any work is covered, a checkup/polish is about 4 quid dearer than nhs. The service is a million times better than any NHS dentist I've ever been to. I never wait in the waiting room, I get an appointment within 24hrs, mostly the same day. 

I've been  private in 2 places for the last 20 years, will never go nhs again. 

A lot cheaper than a £1500 bung and a lot better too. 

so you are paying twice eh.........would be fine if the govt gave back the money over 50 years that i paid for ...for precicly that !

Been with the same practice all my life, had a few different dentists, but the owner still works there, he is all private, but the others are NHS. I have c.£60/yr via work benefit's policy for dental, rarely goes over this. No issues getting appointments. But I make a one before I leave for six months time everytime! Keeps things in order and on the register!

I was what was known as a Trenchard Brat - a RAF apprentice and a drain on the ration strength for 3 years. In return I had to 'sign on' for 12 years. Dentist, doctor or whatever, then either pay in full as you train and do your own thing when you qualify or leave things as they are and you do 'x' years 'service' for the country in return before being let loose.

I am aware that this could quite possibly go down like a lead balloon in this day and age but increasingly the alternative seems to be to simply stop moaning about it.