Nissan Juke

Dave at kelton

We have to change our motors when I retire in December as can’t run three when my car allowance stops. Looking for a small SUV AWD or 4x4. It is really for the wife who currently has a Jimny but would double as the family car when we don’t use my van.

Anyone have one, are they reliable, are they expensive if repairs required, anything to watch for. The AWD is just in case we need it for bad weather not for serious off road work!

Got a FWD juke, it wasn’t my first choice of car but it was a good price from a private sale. Can’t comment too much on reliability as I have not had it long but it is seems to have ages well and has been well looked after. the 1.5 diesel is a good engine. 

My main complaint is the size and I bang my head when getting my child in he’s car seat in the back sometimes.  Can fit my Labrador in the back.

Not really bothered about the looks as I think a car is to get you to your destination. 

I would prefer the Dacia Duster same engine but a bit more space. Will go for the 4wd when I swap. Miss having AWD but my Subaru died. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2022 at 17:39, Dave at kelton said:

We have to change our motors when I retire in December as can’t run three when my car allowance stops. Looking for a small SUV AWD or 4x4. It is really for the wife who currently has a Jimny but would double as the family car when we don’t use my van.

Anyone have one, are they reliable, are they expensive if repairs required, anything to watch for. The AWD is just in case we need it for bad weather not for serious off road work!

This may be worth reading?

I've had my Juke Tekna  FWD 3 years now which makes it 5.  Yes they are funny looking things but it's been no trouble.

It's a 1600cc auto and i find it a bit juicy. Very comfy but the boot is a bit small. And that is the only reason that would

stop me buying another one. Overall very pleased with it. 

41 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

The Nissan Duke or at least one model back from the latest is the ugliest car I have ever seen.

I agree but there's plenty of them on the road so there must be something good about them. 

When i first saw one i thought christ their ugly but i bought one.

Dunno what sort of shooting you do - or are likely to be doing in the future but if mobility is getting to be a problem for a retiree a 3 door SWB 4wd can make a difference between giving it up or or still doing a little thanks to the extra wide front doors. Keep the future in mind is all I'm saying. 

An exception to a SWB is a T30 or T31 X-trail, they also have very wide front doors - as an example, their front doors are 5" wider than a MK1 CR-V 5 door.

Carols photos (3).JPG

Edited by Dave-G

6 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Dunno what sort of shooting you do - or are likely to be doing in the future but if mobility is getting to be a problem for a retiree a 3 door SWB 4wd can make a difference between giving it up or or still doing a little thanks to the extra wide front doors. Keep the future in mind is all I'm saying. 

An exception to a SWB is a T30 or T31 X-trail, they also have very wide front doors - as an example, their front doors are 5" wider than a MK1 CR-V 5 door.

Carols photos (3).JPG

Thanks for the advice, had xtrails for a long while, three, and great vehicles. I don’t really need it for shooting and the wife needs a small vehicle rather than xtrail.

1 hour ago, Dave at kelton said:

Thanks for the advice, had xtrails for a long while, three, and great vehicles. I don’t really need it for shooting and the wife needs a small vehicle rather than xtrail.

I just bought my third X-trail auto - we're not liking manual as much as autos, and the T30 still uses the old hydraulic system.

Edited by Dave-G