Finger Out Mods.

billytheghillie

32 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Used to work for me but it stopped about a year ago .so haven't posted a photo since .don't know why .

Imgbb?,same here,i haven't been able to post pics via that for a long time,dragging a pic failed the few times i tried that too so i gave up,file too large or something.

Okay. The easiest way is to open the image as a file. Then open the snipping tool. 

Click on Start in Windows and either open the tool or just start typing 'snipping tool' and open it.

image.png.0f470de48751363707ea4eb93753409f.png

Select 'new' and then drag a box round the open image.

Open Pigeonwatch and in your post hit Control and V at the same time. It'll paste the image in.

Should you want to make the image smaller in your post, double click on the image And change the pixel size, keeping Aspect Ratio ticked, so that it stays the same proportions.

1 minute ago, billytheghillie said:

Did what Welsh1 said, but still have a problem. This is a old pic taken with my old camera, my new camera pictures wont upload as it says file to big. Might need to adjust new camera settings, if this makes sense.

A good camera's photos have a lot of data in them, which makes the file size really big. That's why I like the snipping method, because the original size isn't a concern, because you're just creating another picture, but with a lot less data in it. Plus you don't have to go through the process of using the paperclip. you just hit CTRL+V and it appears. 

To sort out your problem with the new camera, you'll either have to get an app like @johnphilipsuggested, or in your camera downgrade the quality of the images it's taking. Or you can use the snipping tool to make lower data replicas. Open Snipping tool, take the shot, then click save and save it as a Jpeg. It'll be considerably smaller than the original. 

i had the same problem as i changed my computer...im now on windows 10 ...big jump from 7..........someone on here helped me it was sooooo simple and i owe that guy a debt of gratitude........

1. down load photo
  2. click on photo to open it
  3. click on the 3 dots top right of screen
  4. choose your option
  5. click on it and mark it as resized
  6. click on cut
  7. go to post
  8. click on paste
  9. jobs a

found the post ...read it....

Edited by ditchman

On 24/10/2022 at 22:08, billytheghillie said:

Did what Welsh1 said, but still have a problem. This is a old pic taken with my old camera, my new camera pictures wont upload as it says file to big. Might need to adjust new camera settings, if this makes sense.

I have found the easiest way to resize large sized photos is to email them to myself 

Tom