A hectic 50 minutes.

JDog

20230109_084855.jpg.0dc56958cb62d1c60efd70bda7c0b395.jpg

20230109_083321.jpg.a991160b5f5c79f5f16c04c28fb1696e.jpg

In position at 8 I was just loading when the first pigeon arrived. Opportunity missed.

Two minutes later another one, then another and so on. It took some time for my eyes to get accustomed to the half light and I let some chances go begging.

Thankfully I ran out of cartridges before 9. I say thankfully because it was all I could manage to make two journeys back to the car what with all of my kit plus forty odd pigeons. 

Forty odd is very good going in 90 minutes at the best of times and in the height of the Winter and turning out at first light made it a well above average bag .

Looking at the empty shells scattered above, well maybe it was a good time to run out as it could have took you longer to pick the empties up as it did to shoot the bag you got .

I take it the bit of Black polythene was to keep the wind off your back .

THANKS for posting.

Well done JD, it’s nice to read that we have some pigeons left in this country. Perhaps when you moved North that the Cotswolds became a pigeon sanctuary and they only feed the first hour of light. I hope your feeling well and building up your strength to allow you to carry more cartridges in the future. Again well done and thanks for posting.

2 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

That`s a good bag and very good shooting judging by the amount of empties. 

Thanks for posting.

I note that in Norfolk they have 90 minutes to their hour:yahoo:

OB

Time is at a much slower pace Chris in the outbacks of the flatlands , it would had took us 40 minutes to weigh the field up and then had a nice cup of coffee before setting the stall out  , no point in rushing about unless you are on borrowed time and then every second count  :lol:

you must have all the pigeons down in the Cotswolds as I have done a couple of early's and drove round umpteen fields looking for pigeons, just non in the area, well I say non, the most I have seen was about 50 odd but they disappeared never to return, so well done for shooting what is a good bag this time of year and the time it took to shoot them. :good: