Missing dog walker Nicola Bulley

Mungler

Like a lot of people I have been following this, I have read that the dogs harness was on the seat by the phone and then that it was found on the ground near the bench, I don’t know which is correct but if the dogs harness was on the ground could she not have been trying to put the harness onto the dog there, perhaps that’s the point that something happened.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly the Police didn't make it a scene of crime and any forensic value could well have been lost. They put all their eggs in one basket and said she went into the river. No evidence of that whatsoever, but ruled out anything else.

I am unclear as to why her partner shot his theory in the foot by saying anyone out of the ordinary would have been noticed, as exactly that occurred. A red van and two men were reported to the Police. 

So either he has done her in or he's totally overthinking it (naturally) and she drowned. 

A bit of a limited choice, which excludes her being abducted or running away. Two weeks after her disappearance, the Police are now searching the area - not the river. As she went into the river - why?

1 hour ago, henry d said:

I didn't see the programme so I have to use secondary sources like the one you used. 

He said that he listened to the experts and formed the opinion that she isn't in the water. My thoughts are why he didn't take into account the police?

He then surmises that it is a local person is responsible for her disappearance. That is problematic as there seem to be lots of local people in the dog walking area near the river and a busy road nearby that has had lots of people with placards about it since it happened along with national news coverage. The road seems to be a main drag between Garstang/M6 and Poulton/Blackpool and it was just after the school run. He even shoots his theory in the foot by saying: "You see the same faces every single day, and on the very odd occasion when you see somebody that you know, you don't know. They stand out like a sore thumb." Also he said "He believes the discovery of her phone on a bench could be just a 'decoy'." 

So either he has done her in or he's totally overthinking it (naturally) and she drowned. 

What's your suggestion Andy?

I didn’t see any program either.

To my mind:

1. The police nailing their colours to the river (at the expense of closing all other lines of enquiry) was genuinely odd, especially when the police river theory was just that, a theory. And if she didn’t go in the river all forensic / scenes of crime evidence is long gone and lost.

2. The circumstances surrounding the dog suggested to me that she hadn’t fallen in the river.

Others will disagree or even go out of their way to entirely accept the police theory or what they are told to think by the papers and how to think (including an edict not to speculate or disagree with the police’s stated ‘theory’). Hillsborough anyone? 

Edited by Mungler

11 hours ago, henry d said:

And if it was, what evidence is there in that area? I'm sure that the police would have checked the area well. 

The problem is there will have been loads and loads of 'evidence ' around the bench.  The river at the bottom of our garden is well walked, with a bench opposite ours, my wife was down there working yesterday and it's amazing just how many people go by during a few hours, and a lot will stop for a few minutes at the bench.

14 minutes ago, Mice! said:

The problem is there will have been loads and loads of 'evidence ' around the bench.  The river at the bottom of our garden is well walked, with a bench opposite ours, my wife was down there working yesterday and it's amazing just how many people go by during a few hours, and a lot will stop for a few minutes at the bench.

That's part of what I am saying, if there are plenty of people in the area, how do you kidnap or attack someone in such a busy area at a busy time without being seen? 

I too have a busy dog walking area near the river and I know what you mean, when the school run is finished it's constant (dog and other) walkers and you see similar faces/dogs so it's difficult to imagine how she disappeared other than the river. 

1 hour ago, henry d said:

difficult to imagine how she disappeared other than the river

She's either walked away or been forced to walk away,  phones been left because it can be tracked but the dog makes no sense still being there, unless someone put food down to distract it?

I read that the police have failed to ask Mercedes to track her cars keys that can't be found, so the husband has been in touch with Mercedes to see if it can be done.  Even other police detectives are questioning the way in which the investigation has bèn run. What with all the rack of scandals concerning police conduct and operation it won't be long before the whole service will have to have a large scale overhaul to understand what is going on.

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

My point was these are the ONLY arrests connected to this whole SORRY state of affairs!   :rolleyes:

I agree, I was being tongue in cheek (perhaps the jibe at council members comes from watching too much Clarkson's Farm).  The real problem is (as far as we know) they don't have any idea even IF there has been any crime committed ......... and IF there has, any suspects.  I emphasise - as far as we know - because after all this time the police MUST have more than they are revealing surely?

4 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I agree, I was being tongue in cheek (perhaps the jibe at council members comes from watching too much Clarkson's Farm).  The real problem is (as far as we know) they don't have any idea even IF there has been any crime committed ......... and IF there has, any suspects.  I emphasise - as far as we know - because after all this time the police MUST have more than they are revealing surely?

Well you need to use the tongue in cheek emoji then!

I think the Police have failed her family on a massive scale, they appear to be making it up as they go along.

I strongly suspect some Senior Police Officers may well resign following this debacle.

As Gordon said earlier, the simple failure to secure what was a potential crime scene must be an indicator of how the Police treated this event. They simply jumped to the WRONG conclusion, dismissed everything else and were NOT up to the job.

I do not know what happened, I hope she is safe, but nothing the Police have done has inspired much confidence.

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I strongly suspect some Senior Police Officers may well resign following this debacle.

At the moment - that would seem appropriate, but as I say - they may have ongoing detailed things that they are not publicising.

the simple failure to secure what was a potential crime scene must be an indicator of how the Police treated this event. They simply jumped to the WRONG conclusion, dismissed everything else and were NOT up to the job.

That would certainly seem to be the case.

I do not know what happened, I hope she is safe, but nothing the Police have done has inspired much confidence.

Entirely agree.  The apparent 'disinterest' from the police would maybe be a cover for something happening that they can't reveal?  I don't want to speculate - but I hope there is a safe outcome.

Edited by JohnfromUK

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well you need to use the tongue in cheek emoji then!

I think the Police have failed her family on a massive scale, they appear to be making it up as they go along.

As Gordon said earlier, the simple failure to secure what was a potential crime scene must be an indicator of how the Police treated this event. They simply jumped to the WRONG conclusion, dismissed everything else and were NOT up to the job.

That’s a good summary 

Now reported that the two walkers handed a stained glove to Police - found in the very field she disappeared from. If it is hers, how did they not find it? if it isn't and has subsequently been dropped or placed near a tree in the field - just how did the Police allow it to get there?

You couldn't make it up.

39 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Now reported that the two walkers handed a stained glove to Police - found in the very field she disappeared from. If it is hers, how did they not find it? if it isn't and has subsequently been dropped or placed near a tree in the field - just how did the Police allow it to get there?

You couldn't make it up.

Well, just as long as you remember that we shouldn’t be discussing this in the open or second guessing the police. 

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

You couldn't make it up.

Based off the news conference and the details just given by the Police, they noted intelligence / information they had when she was reported missing caused them to immediate note her as a high risk missing person. 

From my experience in this field this usually means she has known mental health issues / known to be a suicide risk… hence the Police obviously focusing on the River and noting they don’t as it stands suspect anyone else is involved. 

Police have also involved tidal experts about the river and the estuary … I don’t think the stretch of River she’s supposedly gone into but if she’s washed downstream and out into the estuary she may never be found. 

The Police say the glove is not hers, but the question remains as to how they didn't find it or it subsequently got placed there.

Well, just as long as you remember that we shouldn’t be discussing this in the open or second guessing the police. 

Mungler, I consider myself admonished. 😉

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

Based off the news conference and the details just given by the Police, they noted intelligence / information they had when she was reported missing caused them to immediate note her as a high risk missing person. 

From my experience in this field this usually means she has known mental health issues / known to be a suicide risk… hence the Police obviously focusing on the River and noting they don’t as it stands suspect anyone else is involved. 

Police have also involved tidal experts about the river and the estuary … I don’t think the stretch of River she’s supposedly gone into but if she’s washed downstream and out into the estuary she may never be found. 

how does a nearly fully submerged body negociate/elevates itself over a weir that has been mentioned ??