Angling going gender fluid?

NatureBoy

Is the term fisherman being dropped? 🙂 Apparently a phrase being used now Instead is "fisherthem"? Really? That's what Sam (bubble suit)Smith was identifying as on the One Show the other night and no one questioned it! I thought it was a joke till i watched it. Bonkers! Not sure what he identifies as? I wonder what my old winter league match crew would make of it.🙂

6 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

Is the term fisherman being dropped? 🙂 Apparently a phrase being used now Instead is "fisherthem"? Really? That's what Sam (bubble suit)Smith was identifying as on the One Show the other night and no one questioned it! I thought it was a joke till i watched it. Bonkers! Not sure what he identifies as? I wonder what my old winter league match crew would make of it.🙂

The BBC used FISHER-PERSON quite a lot last year.

Hadn't noticed TC. Though in some of my old books on angling some would just be described a "Fisher", A chap even described himself in court to a judge that he was a "fisher of roach" to emphasise that he was of good character. Some of the gal's i have fished with would tell em where to go to. . . . "Fisherthem". Nahhh! I'll never feel that fluid. 🙂         NB

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh no!

Not these days, there are far more options available.    

Wow, you have amazed me 😇. As Dave at Kelton just said, I don't care and I tuned out of most day to day conversations as I consider them white noise but do enjoy elevenses during the shooting season as we all seem to have a point of view and a laugh about important stuff like guns and dogs

39 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh no!

Not these days, there are far more options available.    

has anyone a list of ALL the options..........i would like to print it out

(think i did hear there were something like 143 options)

Edited by ditchman

Those remarkable band of females who came down from Scotland for the Herring fishing were known as the Fisher girls , call them what you will at your peril , I know one thing , they were the salt of the earth and no way would I want to get the wrong side of them , around these parts they were legends , and quite rightly so .:good:

16 hours ago, ditchman said:

has anyone a list of ALL the options..........i would like to print it out

(think i did hear there were something like 143 options)

The following are some gender identities and their definitions.

Agender
A person who is agender does not identify with any particular gender, or they may have no gender at all.

Other terms for this may include:

neutral gender
null-gender
genderless
neutrois
Androgyne
A person who identifies as androgyne has a gender that is either both masculine and feminine or between masculine and feminine.

Bigender
A person who identifies as bigender has two genders.

People who are bigender often display cultural masculine and feminine roles.

Butch
Women, especially lesbians, tend to use this term to describe the way they express masculinity, or what society defines as masculinity.

However, the LGBTQIA Resource Center state that “butch” can also be a gender identity in itself.

Cisgender
A cisgender person identifies with the sex that they were assigned at birth.

For example, a cisgender woman is someone who still identifies with the sex — female, in this case — a doctor assigned them at birth.

Gender expansive
The LGBTQIA Resource Center define gender expansive as an “umbrella term used for individuals who broaden their own culture’s commonly held definitions of gender, including expectations for its expression, identities, roles, and/or other perceived gender norms.”

Those who are gender expansive include people who are transgender and people whose gender broadens the surrounding society’s notion of what gender is.

Genderfluid
A person who identifies as genderfluid has a gender identity and presentation that shifts between, or shifts outside of, society’s expectations of gender.

Gender outlaw
A person who identifies as a gender outlaw refuses to allow society’s definition of “male” or “female” to define them.

Genderqueer
A person who identifies as genderqueer has a gender identity or expression that is not the same as society’s expectations for their assigned sex or assumed gender.

Genderqueer can also refer to a person who identifies outside of how society defines gender or someone who identifies with a combination of genders.

Masculine of center
A person who uses this term is usually a lesbian or a trans person who leans more toward masculine performances and experiences of gender.

Nonbinary
A person who identifies as nonbinary does not experience gender within the gender binary.

People who are nonbinary may also experience overlap with different gender expressions, such as being gender non-conforming.

Omnigender
A person who identifies as omnigender experiences and possesses all genders.

Polygender and pangender
People who identify as polygender or pangender experience and display parts of multiple genders.

Transgender
This is an umbrella term that encompasses all people who experience and identify with a different gender than that which their assigned sex at birth would suggest.

Although most people think of trans men and trans women when hearing the word transgender, this term also encompasses people who identify as a gender other than man or woman, including nonbinary and genderfluid.

Trans
Trans is a more inclusive term that covers those who identify as nonbinary and those who are genderless, according to the LGBTQIA Resource Center.

what an utter minefield.........i havnt the foggyist what some of those terms means..........i was going to say something quite derogertory ..and amusing ......but really the only thing i can say its all very sad.....and very strange...even saying it is very strange it is insulting to the above and im sure a clever laywer could sue me for saying so...

Its no wonder kids/young adults heads are all screwed up these days, when I was a nipper all we thought about was getting home from school, changing into our play cloths then going out and getting into some sort of mischief, don't think any of us thought or talked about being in the wrong skin, male/female.

52 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

The following are some gender identities and their definitions.

Agender
A person who is agender does not identify with any particular gender, or they may have no gender at all.

Other terms for this may include:

neutral gender
null-gender
genderless
neutrois
Androgyne
A person who identifies as androgyne has a gender that is either both masculine and feminine or between masculine and feminine.

Bigender
A person who identifies as bigender has two genders.

People who are bigender often display cultural masculine and feminine roles.

Butch
Women, especially lesbians, tend to use this term to describe the way they express masculinity, or what society defines as masculinity.

However, the LGBTQIA Resource Center state that “butch” can also be a gender identity in itself.

Cisgender
A cisgender person identifies with the sex that they were assigned at birth.

For example, a cisgender woman is someone who still identifies with the sex — female, in this case — a doctor assigned them at birth.

Gender expansive
The LGBTQIA Resource Center define gender expansive as an “umbrella term used for individuals who broaden their own culture’s commonly held definitions of gender, including expectations for its expression, identities, roles, and/or other perceived gender norms.”

Those who are gender expansive include people who are transgender and people whose gender broadens the surrounding society’s notion of what gender is.

Genderfluid
A person who identifies as genderfluid has a gender identity and presentation that shifts between, or shifts outside of, society’s expectations of gender.

Gender outlaw
A person who identifies as a gender outlaw refuses to allow society’s definition of “male” or “female” to define them.

Genderqueer
A person who identifies as genderqueer has a gender identity or expression that is not the same as society’s expectations for their assigned sex or assumed gender.

Genderqueer can also refer to a person who identifies outside of how society defines gender or someone who identifies with a combination of genders.

Masculine of center
A person who uses this term is usually a lesbian or a trans person who leans more toward masculine performances and experiences of gender.

Nonbinary
A person who identifies as nonbinary does not experience gender within the gender binary.

People who are nonbinary may also experience overlap with different gender expressions, such as being gender non-conforming.

Omnigender
A person who identifies as omnigender experiences and possesses all genders.

Polygender and pangender
People who identify as polygender or pangender experience and display parts of multiple genders.

Transgender
This is an umbrella term that encompasses all people who experience and identify with a different gender than that which their assigned sex at birth would suggest.

Although most people think of trans men and trans women when hearing the word transgender, this term also encompasses people who identify as a gender other than man or woman, including nonbinary and genderfluid.

Trans
Trans is a more inclusive term that covers those who identify as nonbinary and those who are genderless, according to the LGBTQIA Resource Center.

You seem an expert on it Dave - something your not telling us:whistling:

For me they can identify as what they want - it's a free country - but that needs to cut both ways but alas it doesn't and is now ostracizing a lot of people. The Critical Drinker done a very measured video on WOKE in Hollywood yesterday  and it correlates with this issue, especially his conclusion. 

I do feel sorry for the trans that has been killed this week in Warrington - it shouldn't happen but again, was this a case of people "fighting back" in a very deluded way. Apparently the perpetrators were 15 and were more than likely in the victims peer group at school.

20 hours ago, marsh man said:

Those remarkable band of females who came down from Scotland for the Herring fishing were known as the Fisher girls , call them what you will at your peril , I know one thing , they were the salt of the earth and no way would I want to get the wrong side of them , around these parts they were legends , and quite rightly so .:good:

Naw!  It was Fisher Lassies.    True as you say salt of the earth standing at the gutting troughs day in day out, we dont know we are born today.

Blackpowder

On 15/02/2023 at 17:37, NatureBoy said:

He identifies as an attention seeker.