Wales greyhound racing

captainhastings

I've signed that previously to this thread.

Quite frankly takes the ****. With all going on in the UK at current that Welsh government can even consider directing resources to this sort of ********.

It's the child smacking ban all over again. That wasted so much government time and money at a time when it could have been better spent ensuring that the fundamental root cause of kids being walloped are addressed like effective schooling, parental education and engagement etc.

1 hour ago, Poor Shot said:

I've signed that previously to this thread.

Quite frankly takes the ****. With all going on in the UK at current that Welsh government can even consider directing resources to this sort of ********.

It's the child smacking ban all over again. That wasted so much government time and money at a time when it could have been better spent ensuring that the fundamental root cause of kids being walloped are addressed like effective schooling, parental education and engagement etc.

Exactly and what better way to get kids busy than field sports fishing etc. Not every ones cuppa but would certainly do no harm. 

Signed - the WAG is getting beyond itself now...Minimum price on Alchohol with no way to collect the excess and the retailer can keep the extra it is charging, Supermarket Meal Deals being or have been scrapped - increasing the cost of a sandwich, a packet of crisps and a drink (people will still buy the combination or may even choose the chippy), removed the parents rights to remove children from sex education classes which are down to 4 yr olds...

5 hours ago, captainhastings said:

It all helps even if you don’t like greyhound racing it’s another bit of ground we need to hang onto. Because every inch we lose or mile now a days we never get it back 

Somebody's living under threat. Probably a lot of jobs will go as a result

It's not like Wales is bursting with employment opportunities 

• 11 months later...

The Welsh government has now released a consultation on the licensing and phased ban of greyhound racing in Wales.

Please bare in mind that this is a part of the wider Animal Welfare for Wales Plan 2021 - 2026 which also related to the licensing of game bird release in Wales and therefore must be rejected in all of its forms.

It also has wider reaching potential effects for people who's livelihood relies on services to or for animals in Wales.

A link to the consultation can be found below.

Its as easy as a simple X in the No box for all questions.

https://www.gov.wales/licensing-animal-welfare-establishments-activities-and-exhibits?fbclid=IwAR2qcsuZgHPz3ikt0CRfHWKAV2LN9HnhpqDwGdGivCfCHWahq3hJyk5tf-U

6 minutes ago, old man said:

Just an illustration of fine things to come maybe?

Welsh Gov should not be underestimated. They view all things involving animals as cruel and something to be restricted and banned. They have a nye on vegan approach to how they view animal based businesses. Any animal based displays or events will be heavily restricted or banned. The document even makes reference to Alpaca walking FGS. 

This is heavily backed by the average Facebook, middle aged woman types who will look at a picture of an ex-racing Greyhound with an amputated leg and immediately pledge 100% of their support to these causes without looking at the wider proposal. This very proposal is advertised on the banning of Greyhound racing but as you can see from the consultation document the banning of Greyhound racing is just a very small part appended onto the end of the proposal. 

If I ran a home based pet grooming or boarding service for example I would be very concerned that licensing would force relocation to a commercial premises that will meet the ridiculous standard that licensing will no doubt require. For most this will mean closure as the business they have developed from their home or small holding will just not work with the added cost of a commercial premises and the added complication that comes with it. 

1 hour ago, Poor Shot said:

Welsh Gov should not be underestimated. They view all things involving animals as cruel and something to be restricted and banned. They have a nye on vegan approach to how they view animal based businesses. Any animal based displays or events will be heavily restricted or banned. The document even makes reference to Alpaca walking FGS. 

This is heavily backed by the average Facebook, middle aged woman types who will look at a picture of an ex-racing Greyhound with an amputated leg and immediately pledge 100% of their support to these causes without looking at the wider proposal. This very proposal is advertised on the banning of Greyhound racing but as you can see from the consultation document the banning of Greyhound racing is just a very small part appended onto the end of the proposal. 

If I ran a home based pet grooming or boarding service for example I would be very concerned that licensing would force relocation to a commercial premises that will meet the ridiculous standard that licensing will no doubt require. For most this will mean closure as the business they have developed from their home or small holding will just not work with the added cost of a commercial premises and the added complication that comes with it. 

I agree entirely. The Starmer wet dream maybe to link up the loonys in Scotland and Wales to create his wonderland?

5 hours ago, Poor Shot said:

And then you have the bans that are currently being introduced in Wales, no dogs on [quite a number of] beaches, even in our local park they have been banned

And if you local boarding service goes under, you will have a lot of people who will choose perhaps to no go away etc...

Tin-foil hat time - I have heard that certain globalists want pets to be gotten rid off - like they want rid of farmers, cars,.....and on and on

15 minutes ago, discobob said:

And then you have the bans that are currently being introduced in Wales, no dogs on [quite a number of] beaches, even in our local park they have been banned

And if you local boarding service goes under, you will have a lot of people who will choose perhaps to no go away etc...

Tin-foil hat time - I have heard that certain globalists want pets to be gotten rid off - like they want rid of farmers, cars,.....and on and on

What will happen is many small businesses will close because they can no longer operate without a license and having a license involves a whole load more cost and complication. Some will throw in the towel there and then but for those who preserver the issues will then be that the 4x4 wooden workshop in their back garden is no longer able to house their business because of petty stipulations with the licensing such as a requirement to have disabled customer access, customer WC facilities etc. They then either have to move to a commercial premises or spend enormous amounts making their existing location meet the requirements of the licensing. Once they have relocated themselves to a suitable premises they then have to face the sheer cost of running a commercial business like rent, rates, taxes and levys. They then also have to navigate having to employ a whole host of third parties to tackle issues such as fire safety, accounts etc. The business then has to employ more people to do the actual grooming because the owner is knee deep in the bureaucracy brought forward by being a licensed commercial operation, adding further cost. When a simple wash and blow dry for a small Pekinese now costs £125 rather than the £25 it used to cost then people will start going to nationwide operations like the PAH groom room that are setup to operate in scale and have significant off site back of house functions and minimum wage staff which enables them to compete. 

All you are then left with is a few nationwide operations to chose from because all of the small business you used to rely on have been regulated out of existence. 

21 minutes ago, discobob said:

It's the boiling frog effect. In 15 years we'll look back and wonder *** happened and why I need to apply for a specific license to walk on the shaded side of the street rather than the sunny side or some other ridiculous nonsense. 

It seems a bit tin foil hat but there does seem to be slow but constant crawl to restrict, license or monitor all aspects of our lives by government. 10 years ago I'd have told myself to give my head a wobble for saying something like that but now I'm not so sure. 

1 hour ago, discobob said:

Got to be fair Bob i think they should be banned on certain beaches i got a static caravan on Trecco Porthcawl and it's a Blue Flag beach the amount of families on that beach in the summer months is brilliant to see and the last thing you want with children about is some lazy dog owner who won't pick up after their dog has 💩

5 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Got to be fair Bob i think they should be banned on certain beaches i got a static caravan on Trecco Porthcawl and it's a Blue Flag beach the amount of families on that beach in the summer months is brilliant to see and the last thing you want with children about is some lazy dog owner who won't pick up after their dog has 💩

Undoubtedly there are bad owners and can support it in spring/summer - but this is (I believe) all year - but I could be wrong 

11 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

So everyone gets tared with the same brush for the minority of bad owners? Always makes me laugh when shooters want others enjoyment stopped and fail to see the hypocracy of their position.

On 28/02/2024 at 10:37, old man said:

Just an illustration of fine things to come maybe?

Liebours test bed.

On 28/02/2024 at 11:06, Poor Shot said:

Essentially the first rung of banning all pets.

19 hours ago, discobob said:

Exactly. It is a thing.

18 hours ago, Poor Shot said:

It seems a bit tin foil hat but there does seem to be slow but constant crawl to restrict, license or monitor all aspects of our lives by government. 10 years ago I'd have told myself to give my head a wobble for saying something like that but now I'm not so sure. 

You are dead right to think that way.