Climate Change or Changing Climate

discobob

41 minutes ago, Penelope said:

And that is the fundamental cold, plain truth!!

I think that that will be the start of the uprising however the people calling the shots will be sneaky.

I hypothesize it would be something like this.

"Your has has been deemed to be energy inefficient because of X, Y, Z. If this is not rectified within 3 months we will have no option but to either increase your council tax or issue fines each month that you are not compliant. You will not be allowed to sell your house until it is fully compliant."

X, Y and Z could be anything like Heat Pump installation, external or internal cladding insulation, installation of underfloor heating etc. etc....

Increase of Council Tax could be doubling or tripling it - they are doing that in Wales for second home owners so a type of precedent has been set....

Edited by discobob

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Rewulf said:

'What will this new social order have to be like? Above all, it will have to take the control of industry and of all branches of production out of the hands of mutually competing individuals, and instead institute a system in which all these branches of production are operated by society as a whole – that is, for the common account, according to a common plan, and with the participation of all members of society. It will, in other words, abolish competition and replace it with association. Moreover, since the management of industry by individuals necessarily implies private property, and since competition is in reality merely the manner and form in which the control of industry by private property owners expresses itself, it follows that private property cannot be separated from competition and the individual management of industry. Private property must, therefore, be abolished and in its place must come the common utilization of all instruments of production and the distribution of all products according to common agreement – in a word, what is called the communal ownership of goods. In fact, the abolition of private property is, doubtless, the shortest and most significant way to characterize the revolution in the whole social order which has been made necessary by the development of industry'

Can anyone guess where this text comes from ?

It echoes parts of the WEF doctrine, which relies heavily on society being controlled from above , by those 'responsible' enough to administer said society , and control sustainable development, part of which, is climate change and net zero targets.
Echoes of 1984 , and a virtual enslavement of the lower classes ? WEF - 'You will own nothing , but you will be happy'

For those unfamiliar , the text is from the Communist party manifesto, a doctrine responsible for more mass murder, starvation, and criminal subjugation of mankind, than any other book besides religious texts.

Just a cluster ×××× when coupled with the ability to control all personal finance and data?

Lovely new world coming around?

4 hours ago, Mungler said:

Errrr no, that’s when ‘global warming’ got rebadged to ‘climate change

It did, but lately its been rebadged  back to global warming, 'climate change' just doesn't sound scary enough. 

https://www.nrdc.org/stories/global-warming-101

1 hour ago, discobob said:

I think that that will be the start of the uprising however the people calling the shots will be sneaky

There won't be an uprising I'm afraid, little by little, we will take the new rules and regs on the chin, small love taps, rather than full on blows. 

We are apathetic, just comfortable enough to not care enough, as the erosion of freedoms comes too slowly for us to realise. 

We have seen vehicle fuel and domestic energy double in price, for no good reason whatsoever, people forced to rely on government handouts to keep warm, a pandemic response that also forced people to depend on government, whilst creating a paranoid society. 

The revolutions of the past happened when the people just couldn't take it any longer, and had nothing to lose, we simply feel we do have something to lose, our comfortable home, car, job and pension, hobbies? 

The climate 'emergency' recognised by most world governments, is just one facet of changing us into a far more compliant population. Although few trust their government, we are completely reliant upon it, because we have no alternative, more people daily due to financial reasons, or due to being direct employed in the public sector, the tap that waters your life can be switched off on a whim. 

Those who operate in the private sector, still require public services, so can be manipulated via that, bring climate/net zero rules, and digital banking and currency into the equation, and everyone comes into the sphere of complete control. 

Unfortunately, there isn't a way out of this, its inevitable, there isn't anyone to vote for, no uprising coming or leader who cannot be bought or eliminated. 

1 hour ago, old man said:

Lovely new world coming around?

I don't think there'll be anything lovely about it, but that's my opinion, there does however seem to be a generation of gender neutral, brain dead kids being conditioned at uni who think it'll be great. 

22 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

It did, but lately its been rebadged  back to global warming, 'climate change' just doesn't sound scary enough. 

https://www.nrdc.org/stories/global-warming-101

There won't be an uprising I'm afraid, little by little, we will take the new rules and regs on the chin, small love taps, rather than full on blows. 

We are apathetic, just comfortable enough to not care enough, as the erosion of freedoms comes too slowly for us to realise. 

We have seen vehicle fuel and domestic energy double in price, for no good reason whatsoever, people forced to rely on government handouts to keep warm, a pandemic response that also forced people to depend on government, whilst creating a paranoid society. 

The revolutions of the past happened when the people just couldn't take it any longer, and had nothing to lose, we simply feel we do have something to lose, our comfortable home, car, job and pension, hobbies? 

The climate 'emergency' recognised by most world governments, is just one facet of changing us into a far more compliant population. Although few trust their government, we are completely reliant upon it, because we have no alternative, more people daily due to financial reasons, or due to being direct employed in the public sector, the tap that waters your life can be switched off on a whim. 

Those who operate in the private sector, still require public services, so can be manipulated via that, bring climate/net zero rules, and digital banking and currency into the equation, and everyone comes into the sphere of complete control. 

Unfortunately, there isn't a way out of this, its inevitable, there isn't anyone to vote for, no uprising coming or leader who cannot be bought or eliminated. 

I don't think there'll be anything lovely about it, but that's my opinion, there does however seem to be a generation of gender neutral, brain dead kids being conditioned at uni who think it'll be great. 

A pessimistic, but true reflection on things as they are and to come. 

19 hours ago, discobob said:

... the first post was done a bit light hearted but also to highlight the opposing sides of the argument hoping to begin the discussion on the matter...

I disagree, it was to belittle any opposition and a poor way to start a discussion as well as not allowing for anything other than polar extremes. 

49 minutes ago, henry d said:

I disagree, it was to belittle any opposition and a poor way to start a discussion as well as not allowing for anything other than polar extremes. 

If it were anyone else saying that, I would be staggered by the hypocrisy, but Im used to it now:lol:

1 hour ago, henry d said:

Well that is your right to - and it is my right to take what you write in the same way, but you have to keep on pecking and pecking - Just to let you know I have a wife that already fills that role and I don't have a vacancy for another 😂

In fact I am only responding so you don't think you have got one over on me and be sitting behind your keyboard thinking you have seen me off with some valiant keystrokes. But just to say you are the only one so far trying to take me to task on how I started this discussion - perhaps a bit of inward reflection may be called for on your part??

If you are not happy with it you are free to start your own thread in a manner that you find acceptable.

Just saying!!

2 hours ago, discobob said:

...perhaps a bit of inward reflection may be called for on your part??

Yes, compare, contrast, critique rather than an echo chamber of those that read and just nod along without actually critically thinking. 

Is the climate changing; yes, but we have to ask why. A polarised view is it's a) It's just a natural process or b) it's caused by humans. Both a load of 💩, as ever for every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

The world is getting warmer, and we are just as responsible as it is naturally occurring, so we also need to do something to negate our actions. 

Edited by henry d

31 minutes ago, henry d said:

Yes, compare, contrast, critique rather than an echo chamber of those that read and just nod along without actually critically thinking. 

Is the climate changing; yes, but we have to ask why. A polarised view is it's a) It's just a natural process or b) it's caused by humans. Both a load of 💩, as ever for every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

The world is getting warmer, and we are just as responsible as it is naturally occurring, so we also need to do something to negate our actions. 

Utter right wing conspiracy drivel! 

im not a climate geek....i do believe (from my own investigation) that humans are not resposible for the changing climate..

my beef ..and it is a serious beef......is the disgusting way we treat our planet as a dumping ground for unwanted plastics and the suchlike......just look at our beaches and motorways and cities and anywhere where there are humans....totally disgusting.......these plastics ...which when they break down to nerdalls and smaller and enter the food chain are a bigger worry to me than anything..........we live like pigs in our own filth......we have the technology to stop this...but it aint happening....

moan over

22 minutes ago, ditchman said:

im not a climate geek....i do believe (from my own investigation) that humans are not resposible for the changing climate..

my beef ..and it is a serious beef......is the disgusting way we treat our planet as a dumping ground for unwanted plastics and the suchlike......just look at our beaches and motorways and cities and anywhere where there are humans....totally disgusting.......these plastics ...which when they break down to nerdalls and smaller and enter the food chain are a bigger worry to me than anything..........we live like pigs in our own filth......we have the technology to stop this...but it aint happening....

moan over

Totally agree Simon 

There is only one pollution on this planet of ours.....the elephant in the room...... I think is the modern reference.   Humans....too many of them and no one seems to have any interest in reducing or stabilzing the numbers.  In my 80 plus years I have seen small villages become small towns, roads clogged with traffic where once you saw two or three vehicles and all of this the product of humans reproducing.  Where will be be in another eighty years?

Edited by Walker570

2 hours ago, henry d said:

My view is that even if there is climate change, well, that’s not on us right now. That’s something for the 99% of greater polluting countries to resolve and in the meantime leave us alone thanks.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

There is only one pollution on this planet of ours.....the elephant in the room...... I think is the modern reference.   Humans....too many of them and no one seems to have any interest in reducing or stabilzing the numbers.  In my 80 plus years I have seen small villages become small towns, roads clogged with traffic where once you saw two or three vehicles and all of this the product of humans reproducing.  Where will be be in another eighty years?

This is absolutely correct. 

20 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Out of energy, out of land, out of ideas?

30 minutes ago, henry d said:

Numbers of humans stabilising is the trend by then and dropping into the next century. 

maybe you can correct/advise me.........i heard yesterday in a report that the sperm count of men in the UK had dropped greatly   by a massive %......cant remember what it was excactly but it left me shocked.....

5 minutes ago, old'un said:

in another 80 years man will more than likely be polluting the surface of the moon.

there will be plastic bottles full of chateau layby...and KFC wrappers and Big Mac boxes dotted all around the craters

13 minutes ago, ditchman said:

maybe you can correct/advise me.........i heard yesterday in a report that the sperm count of men in the UK had dropped greatly   by a massive %......cant remember what it was excactly but it left me shocked.....

No, you can do your own research 😆

1 hour ago, henry d said:

Numbers of humans stabilising is the trend by then and dropping into the next century. 

I think your deluding yourself, numbers will rise until there aren't the resources to sustain life, hence why migration is the anti answer to developing nations problems. 

Denying the climate is changing is like denying that planes fly in the sky. 

52 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I think your deluding yourself, numbers will rise until there aren't the resources to sustain life, hence why migration is the anti answer to developing nations problems. 

Denying the climate is changing is like denying that planes fly in the sky. 

but is it Climate Change (or I understand they are switching back to Global Warming as it is possible more alarming) or changing climate? I do believe the climate is changing like it has been doing since the start of time.

Apparently the Sahara is starting to green up - as it was thousands of years ago...