Is Donald Trump actually mad?

TIGHTCHOKE

1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Because he elevated the lower class like myself to financial security.  In four years I paid my house off, bought vacation place at the beach, bought a new truck, tractor, ATV, a farm in the mountains and all of this while I was turning down more work then I took.  Under Obama I was laid off of work and became homeless because there was no jobs to be had. After loosing my house I was force to live in a camper in my mother-in-laws yard. The four years under Trump was amazing. But unfortunately things have gotten bad again. But at least I’m debt free.  Other than my new excavator but I have enough in Savings to pay it off many times over. I was born and raised democrat but never again.  

What did he do in 4 years that enabled you to do all the above, policy changes etc usually take a few years to have any effect.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama said that he knew jobs where moving overseas under his watch, his quote was that American Manufacturing was a thing of the past and that Trump didn’t have a magic wand to bring them back.  But under his tax changes and economic policies we rebounded.

Nice story, but Obama never said that so it makes it hard to beleave the rest, a simple fact check would show that. The fact you never checked tells me you believe what you want to believe facts don't matter. 

Donald Trump has attributed a false quote to Barack Obama in a tweet about the US economy.The president wrote: “’President Trump would need a magic wand to get to 4% GDP,’ stated President Obama. I guess I have a magic wand, 4.2%, and we will do MUCH better than this! We have just begun.”

But Mr Obama has never said this, and during his presidency GDP exceeded 4.2 per cent on three separate occasions.

Edited by ordnance

1 hour ago, ordnance said:

Nice story, but Obama never said that so it makes it hard to beleave the rest, a simple fact check would show that. The fact you never checked tells me you believe what you want to believe facts don't matter. 

Leanardo da Vinci always said you should never believe what you read on the internet 

:shaun:

7 hours ago, ordnance said:

Just because liberals fact checkers say something is false doesn’t mean it’s false.  Obama said manufacturing was not coming back to the USA many times when he was questioned about all the factories closing under his watch 

Edited by NoBodyImportant

39 minutes ago, serrac said:

chatGPT basically just summarises and repackages information scraped from the internet

In the case of obscure subjects such as the one you cited the algorithms are more likely to include inaccurate "facts" as there is less counterbalancing information available.

repackages information ?? !! With absolutely no cross checks as to integrity and accuracy. So how reliable is that?

By their own admission:

"When people use ChatGPT, they are shown a disclaimer warning that the content it generates may contain "inaccurate information about people, places, or facts".

And on its public blog about the tool, OpenAI says a limitation is that it "sometimes writes plausible-sounding but incorrect or nonsensical answers".

You say....."In the case of obscure subjects such as the one you cited". There is nothing obscure about international news items.

38 minutes ago, Scully said:

Think about it; there’s no logic to any of it at all….whichever sky fairy you choose to believe in. 

I'm with Scully on this one

11 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Just because liberals fact checkers say something is false doesn’t mean it’s false.  Obama said manufacturing was not coming back to the USA many times when he was questioned about all the factories closing under his watch 

I don't see where he said American manufacturing was a thing of the past.

18 hours ago, Bobba said:

repackages information ?? !! With absolutely no cross checks as to integrity and accuracy. So how reliable is that?

It's a tool, one we are just learning how to use.  In my case I just used it to summarise a statement I could have written myself but didn't see the need to invest 15 minutes of my time to do so.  I did however identify myself as an example of the subject under discussion and therefore qualified to endorse the content.  That's a perfectly valid use of chatGPT

You say....."In the case of obscure subjects such as the one you cited". There is nothing obscure about international news items.

The fact the mayor of Hepburn Shire County Australia was NOT imprisoned for bribery was an international news item - must admit I missed that one on Sky News

On 05/04/2023 at 09:38, Scully said:

The American establishment are terrified of Trump, that’s all there is to it. Yes, he may be guilty of all manner of things ( who amongst them isn’t?) but they are so scared he will win another term they will do anything to ensure he doesn’t or can’t. If he isn’t convicted there is nothing to prevent him from standing again. That’s all there is to it really. 
We see it over here to a much lesser degree. 
The opposition parties have nothing to offer any of us, absolutely nothing, so in attempts to ensure the Tories don’t get in again they will try anything to ensure they don’t. 

100%

The real frightening thing is there are sufficient people out there willing to vote for the likes of Biden , Harris May etc etc etc.  Certainly things where a lot better during Trumps years in office.  There is little doubt that Politics is a very dirty business.

When Trump first took office we heard lots of "Let's hope he doesn't start World War III" and yet he was the only recent president not to have become embroiled in a serious military conflict.

Biden is on the brink of *actually*  setting off WWIII  and there's not so much as a peep.

On 07/04/2023 at 10:10, Houseplant said:

Well, there is that (!), but my take on Trump as a president is that he was very inward looking and less concerned with events taking place in the rest of the world than his recent predecessors. In this respect, I think he was far less likely to press the button that someone taking on the role of Team America World Police. 

Agreed!

On 12/04/2023 at 10:28, Kev1gun said:

Well the really fascinating thing is, out of a population of 326 million, all they could come up with is Trump or Biden, seems to me their all completely mad:)

tbf at the same time we had Boris and Corbyn :/