Packham help needed

The Mighty Prawn

Hi all

without wanting to get into the whys and wherefore of the BBC and all the opinions that come with it - as an employee of auntie beeb I’ve been asked about the review into how social media guidance applies to freelancers and if there are specific examples of conflict.

I want to use this opportunity to raise the Packham issue and am well aware of his behaviour online but wanted to pick the collective brain for where solid evidence is available and not hearsay or opinion. The angle I’m raising is the incorrect and inflammatory accusations he makes which as part of his role as BBC presenter will be taken as fact by many. 

to give an example, the vehicle that was burned out on his driveway which he claimed as intimidation was in the opinion of the police unconnected to him or field sports in any way and merely a crime that took place near his property.

if you have a moment and anything that can be evidenced as incorrect please can you post it here and I can collate - I have until 12th May to respond 

thanks all

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

Hi all

without wanting to get into the whys and wherefore of the BBC and all the opinions that come with it - as an employee of auntie beeb I’ve been asked about the review into how social media guidance applies to freelancers and if there are specific examples of conflict.

I want to use this opportunity to raise the Packham issue and am well aware of his behaviour online but wanted to pick the collective brain for where solid evidence is available and not hearsay or opinion. The angle I’m raising is the incorrect and inflammatory accusations he makes which as part of his role as BBC presenter will be taken as fact by many. 

to give an example, the vehicle that was burned out on his driveway which he claimed as intimidation was in the opinion of the police unconnected to him or field sports in any way and merely a crime that took place near his property.

if you have a moment and anything that can be evidenced as incorrect please can you post it here and I can collate - I have until 12th May to respond 

thanks all

Hope you get some useful information from this.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

as an employee of auntie beeb I’ve been asked about the review into how social media guidance applies to freelancers and if there are specific examples of conflict.

You're expecting us to believe you're conducting research on behalf of your employer, won't use your real name, and refer to the organisation you work for by some ridiculous 'luvvie' affectation? 

Leaving all that aside and assuming for a minute you are genuine, please see below tweet of Packham boasting about his political activism.  The precise nature of Packham's contractual relationship with the BBC is immaterial.  He is 'talent', he therefore represents the BBC.   He is on stage at a protest in London at the weekend, advocating for political change.  At this point, his position as a 'neutral' presenter is laughable.

AJFCJaVHquHki7WwNK2fUkbs4qpoMybNj1tE0apsedAaFiNT_IFXxacUNDAxJoCSxlGBtIbGHRU9b5nlqExxCxGxTCOtZfh3fPK0YfZWwmhhFjZkztOdeKJr2AfF6VBQdg1t76EYwNUQcN1EKFJEpdD6vc1zyh38M4zMVkpmAzWKHdKqIk1GYQiI3IXi6KZKUnWvC4SoKAzX88Dt1trvhqEMVdXfx2g_58EdGhViXqPbwQSqkttpsAEpbDr8mTca9JNmNNZEw6Us8iv1cmIPGpajxHP60H1lX8Y-Omx0Hyy4L1sfXGGo-IZjaL1A-G5iMdmU1TxS8urJPtV9sk_RTbYyV3Fz0UP5YEHP5Kv42YZMeOsFnNcwc682SmlEs38gscwTqsHUWiIhqCuhVN0zJe47ADMuyjefxblwCzGPXa7y0Gw-j2niEtwjleXem5au9NqHM5GZ2lvMgx_0XAwepeVRwudNgEZHxUDjcyzoxcIkbZaeO4WI-8NFH1FeiwX_5-lYIyNbnmCwPSUpBDwnTkwZsQtRY76KHozWWH_lcP6gsgPXHA9h1WF0Q-Lnh0S3dlfK7MPuhyFC0yzGhFhtKYv9uqaLLO3iHDcrIsiaSkl-Lq6VvzlV8lCYVuzbV6XZJWaQbWXGZrRWg4kSb2Auhoa4noUt2CrfTKj4muo4FHxs5megXUK2GnTBY8mQ3Mt73ZBjYMI-kEDwfV9aSmOdM5i4D7j-mKmOl-pb5mMl6jBMY0J5NO5FdEFog3H9LBYoNLhlHudLtAYunY0dfm_7bGEaqAwsfIOK2QV6XPhiz3UVIZZffacj13UacJcE6DMDo-Ok77QV9IVQ8bZwo-VpZpasCi6oltTG0b8f8RJh7cYd394qNLkLLOIAr7MG7M5Tz824xvIlDe_KiXuzuwbuWX77XsOOvXOFSj6OWEJWUe4B3Pyj8oKG-bCmUVCHaOTvXh3OV0FrlEybF8b0G19orr-z6XERNgMH3tiP1HiJkeuKukyDblUt2q2me6qpErcRkX3HCHf3=w968-h914-s-no?authuser=0

57 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

You're expecting us to believe you're conducting research on behalf of your employer, won't use your real name, and refer to the organisation you work for by some ridiculous 'luvvie' affectation? 

Leaving all that aside and assuming for a minute you are genuine, please see below tweet of Packham boasting about his political activism.  The precise nature of Packham's contractual relationship with the BBC is immaterial.  He is 'talent', he therefore represents the BBC.   He is on stage at a protest in London at the weekend, advocating for political change.  At this point, his position as a 'neutral' presenter is laughable.

AJFCJaVHquHki7WwNK2fUkbs4qpoMybNj1tE0apsedAaFiNT_IFXxacUNDAxJoCSxlGBtIbGHRU9b5nlqExxCxGxTCOtZfh3fPK0YfZWwmhhFjZkztOdeKJr2AfF6VBQdg1t76EYwNUQcN1EKFJEpdD6vc1zyh38M4zMVkpmAzWKHdKqIk1GYQiI3IXi6KZKUnWvC4SoKAzX88Dt1trvhqEMVdXfx2g_58EdGhViXqPbwQSqkttpsAEpbDr8mTca9JNmNNZEw6Us8iv1cmIPGpajxHP60H1lX8Y-Omx0Hyy4L1sfXGGo-IZjaL1A-G5iMdmU1TxS8urJPtV9sk_RTbYyV3Fz0UP5YEHP5Kv42YZMeOsFnNcwc682SmlEs38gscwTqsHUWiIhqCuhVN0zJe47ADMuyjefxblwCzGPXa7y0Gw-j2niEtwjleXem5au9NqHM5GZ2lvMgx_0XAwepeVRwudNgEZHxUDjcyzoxcIkbZaeO4WI-8NFH1FeiwX_5-lYIyNbnmCwPSUpBDwnTkwZsQtRY76KHozWWH_lcP6gsgPXHA9h1WF0Q-Lnh0S3dlfK7MPuhyFC0yzGhFhtKYv9uqaLLO3iHDcrIsiaSkl-Lq6VvzlV8lCYVuzbV6XZJWaQbWXGZrRWg4kSb2Auhoa4noUt2CrfTKj4muo4FHxs5megXUK2GnTBY8mQ3Mt73ZBjYMI-kEDwfV9aSmOdM5i4D7j-mKmOl-pb5mMl6jBMY0J5NO5FdEFog3H9LBYoNLhlHudLtAYunY0dfm_7bGEaqAwsfIOK2QV6XPhiz3UVIZZffacj13UacJcE6DMDo-Ok77QV9IVQ8bZwo-VpZpasCi6oltTG0b8f8RJh7cYd394qNLkLLOIAr7MG7M5Tz824xvIlDe_KiXuzuwbuWX77XsOOvXOFSj6OWEJWUe4B3Pyj8oKG-bCmUVCHaOTvXh3OV0FrlEybF8b0G19orr-z6XERNgMH3tiP1HiJkeuKukyDblUt2q2me6qpErcRkX3HCHf3=w968-h914-s-no?authuser=0

I work in drama with actors who have a similar habit of posting on their socials things that conflict with their role as known faces of the BBC - I’m not a journo or anything similar just someone who has to manage that aspect of the BBC within my department. I’ve been an active member here for years and personally know quite a few of the other members so rest assured there’s no conspiracy here, just an active fieldsports enthusiast who has read many posts on here relating to CP and his relationship with the BBC and having been given a golden opportunity to represent the concerns of my fellows to the relevant people wanting to gain as much evidence as possible.

apologies if my reference to auntie beeb offended you, I meant nothing by it but a tongue in cheek reference

8 hours ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

Hi all

thanks all

Now I'm not stupid but after I've read that, I ain't got a clue what your on about or asking.

You do know the Packham 3 court case starts next month? Should be revealing. He's also taking Field Sports Channel to court. Look em up and his social media feeds if you are serious? Even though he multi millionaire and bringing the actions Tingay started a crowd funder and SM pile on for it that raised £100,000+. He proper playing the victim at mo and has some real nasty abusive followers. Surely the Beeb know all this? Robin Page flagged him up and challenged his/his teams actions regarding CRT years ago. He get's away with calling us the nasty brigade on the Watches. He was saying that the jailed Dartford tunnel protesters should be seen as heros on stage at last weekends protests. Thinks he's untouchable. If you go looking/asking questions be prepared to get abuse.      NB

Thanks guys, I’ll keep an eye on this thread so anything else can go into the mix

it’s an independent QC carrying out the review so I’ll make sure to pass on the CP info - it’s specifically to do with social media use following the Lineker debacle so although it won’t stop him grand standing at live events etc it should clarify the rules around what they can and can’t say on twitter etc 

I can't give direct evidence as I get my information from the UK press, mainly the usual newspaper suspects, though occasionally there are things in BASC/GWCT newsletters I think. 

I would have thought the place to start is his 'social media' output - which is public.  I don't follow it, but much of what the press uses is from his social media (e.g. calling for his followers to attend WJ/XR demonstrations).  Calling for people to support a pressure group in any way shows a complete lack of the 'neutrality, or unbiased stance' that itbwas my understanding the BBC expected from it's 'personalities'.

17 hours ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

apologies if my reference to auntie beeb offended you, I meant nothing by it but a tongue in cheek reference

😂you've been working at the BBC too long clearly, if someone is offended, that's their problem, not yours....

17 hours ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

I’ve been an active member here for years and personally know quite a few of the other members so rest assured there’s no conspiracy here, just an active fieldsports enthusiast who has read many posts on here relating to CP and his relationship with the BBC and having been given a golden opportunity to represent the concerns of my fellows to the relevant people wanting to gain as much evidence as possible.

I mean, his twitter feed should be all the evidence one needs to see he's way out of line.  But, as we saw with Linekar, the BBC will defend top talent, whereas someone of a lower rank (working within factual programming) would be disciplined for the same social media posts.  So I don't know what to tell you. The BBC failed utterly to uphold the spirit or letter of the charter with Linekar, and won't with Packham.  The lower-level actors you mention...well, does anyone seriously expect them not to parrot the Guardian's talking-points on social media? 

The reality is, BBC output is largely completely passes by those who identify as 'country' people.  Further, your organisation's future is a slow demise into irrelevance, as we can see from the licence fee cancellation figures.  The younger audiences, that senior management are so obsessed with chasing, don't "do" broadcast TV.  The older audiences are turned off by the relentless agenda-pushing on every programme.