Drop down google ad’s

Scully

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im glad you have posted that............they have just started with me to 'cept they come up from the bottom of the screen....they are an utter pain in the ****........as they sometimes mirror the ads at the top of the screen..:mad:

I've been getting these for a couple of weeks now,,,, just started one day, had no issues previously (on my tablet). As you say, bloomin' annoying !!! One of them was an ad to stop the ads 🙈🙄😂

12 minutes ago, ditchman said:

laptop windows errr 10 i think

Try this. . . . . 

• In Chrome, go to  > Settings > Site Settings > Pop-ups and redirects and select ""Don't allow sites to send pop-ups or use redirect".
  • On an Android, open Chrome and go to  > Settings > Permissions/Site Settings > Pop-ups and redirects. Switch off "Pop-ups and redirects"
    Android 7 Switch Off
  • On an iPhone, open Chrome and go to  > Settings Content Settings > Pop-ups and redirects. Switch off "Pop-ups and redirects
    iPhone Switch Off Icon
    ".
  • Turn off personalized ads by going to your google account. Click Privacy & personalization > Go to ad settings. Turn the switch off 
    Android 7 Switch Off
    . Click Turn Off > Got it to confirm.

I downloaded AdBlock (Free ware) on my windows 10 laptop (I use Google as my search engine) and lo and behold it`s automatically shared across my Android phone, Tablet and Chrome book. No more adds or popups and can watch You Tube all night long without a single add or pop up.

I recommended this to "Old Man" a few months back and he is delighted.

FB

47 minutes ago, Scully said:

I am. I have the Adblock app but it doesn’t seem to work for google? 

I mainly use my Lenovo tablet indoors for browsing and have just logged in to my Google account and turned off 'personalised ads'. A bit of a flaff to do but it's stopped the drop-downs instantly ! 🙂

15 minutes ago, JKD said:

Sorry, but it worked for a few minutes, then I looked at another topic and they've started again !!! 😖😠 Think I've got a club hammer somewhere 😄

when you have finished with it ....send it to me please

Just to add,,,, this is only happening on PW and most ads are related or loosely related to the topic and subject I'm looking at.

As said above,,,, some drop-downs are the same as the main and at the top of a page.

I've gone through all possible parts of Google and Chrome and settings etc and turned off anything that was on and relating to ads or privacy.

Perhaps it's a site setting and needs the boss ( @Teal ) to get involved ?

Edited by JKD

5 minutes ago, JKD said:

Just to add,,,, this is only happening on PW and most ads are related or loosely related to the topic and subject I'm looking at.

As said above,,,, some drop-downs are the same as the main and at the top of a page.

I've gone through all possible parts of Google and Chrome and settings etc and turned off anything that was on and relating to ads or privacy.

Perhaps it's a site setting and needs the boss (Teal) to get involved ?

that is excactly what has been going thro my mind.............everything sort of points to that.....i have done everything and even revert to factory settings....hasnt made an iota of difference

i seem to remember i have had similar conversations about 8 or so years ago 

Edited by ditchman