Police OVER-REACTION yet again.

TIGHTCHOKE

7 hours ago, ditchman said:

look ...you are both right ...it was an over reaction...........but the girl should have kept her trap  shut.......young kids have zero respect for any authority today...and that starts at home........

thats the problem with soceity today....they think they can say anything and do anything they want with no redress........these are the kids that wander off into Oxford street ,,looting for a laugh

gobbing off at police is a parthway crime to worse actions.........

Exactly.

No respect from MOST young uns these days.

:shaun:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shame that our Grandfather's did'nt fight a war to allow us the right to freedom of speach. 7 officers to arrest a girl for such a heinous crime that no further action was taken over. Wokedom at it's very best. As for youngsters not respecting the Police, and lets face it not just youngsters, I believe the Police have caused the situation by their total lack of serving the general public. 

1 minute ago, Mr.C said:

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. 

Under manned and under attack constantly. Tied up with red tape and wo betide any officer that offends let alone lays a hand on anyone. I wouldn't do it. 

Nor would I, BUT, they sign up and are meant to be there to protect the innocent from real crime!

49 minutes ago, Mr.C said:

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. 

Under manned and under attack constantly. Tied up with red tape and wo betide any officer that offends let alone lays a hand on anyone. I wouldn't do it. 

Tied up with red tape and yet they will get rid of serious offences against decent people at the drop of a hat. Yet activley go out of their way to arrest a 16 year old girl who is autistic, for saying something that may have been mildly offensive, or could have been part of her autism stating a fact. Either way, the poor under resourced police escalated it out of all proportion for no good reason.

38 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Tied up with red tape and yet they will get rid of serious offences against decent people at the drop of a hat. Yet activley go out of their way to arrest a 16 year old girl who is autistic, for saying something that may have been mildly offensive, or could have been part of her autism stating a fact. Either way, the poor under resourced police escalated it out of all proportion for no good reason.

On the face of it and the way its been reported it does look like they have gone in heavy handed and yes they probably did over react to the situation but not knowing the history of the family or the area it maybe that the police have come under attack before when attending incidents in that area.

Without knowing the full facts of how it escalated to the point where the young girl was arrested I find it hard to make a judgement either way.

Funny really ; I called 999 last night when I saw a half cut girl get into her car with a toddler and drive down a 20 mile stretch of dual carriageway and all they did was take the Reg and nothing … went past a anpr police car and nothing!

Not saying the arrested  girl didn’t come from a scumbag family and shouldn’t have called what she did but last night  reporting what could be a horrid life changing issue and they do nothing. 

On a side note does anyone think anything will happen to this girl, like a knock on the door or follow up ?

Edited by Fargo

15 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Funny really ; I called 999 last night when I saw a half cut girl get into her car with a toddler and drive down a 20 mile stretch of dual carriageway and all they did was take the Reg and nothing … went past a anpr police car and nothing!

Not saying the arrested  girl didn’t come from a scumbag family and shouldn’t have called what she did but last night  reporting what could be a horrid life changing issue and they do nothing. 

On a side note does anyone think anything will happen to this girl, like a knock on the door or follow up ?

Guess it depends on man power at the time of the call but they do usually follow up phone calls of drink drivers.

17 hours ago, ditchman said:

bet she will think twice about bad mouthing our hit upon police.......sooner or later young folk will learn they cannot do what they like whilst living in a civilvilised soceity

There is no law says you can't bad mouth cops that I am aware of, unless it rises to disorder behavior etc. The police have to act with in the law and their powers, they are in the wrong job if they are going to be offended by being called names and bad language.

55 minutes ago, Fargo said:

I've had exactly the same experience, saw someone drink all day until they could barley stand up and couldn't believe it when they raced off in a 4x4 knocking a wheel bin over that someone had put out moments before. Called the police and told them they'd obviously be arriving home within the next 30mins. I later enquired the outcome, they told me they were too busy and had a rant at me that I should understand how busy they are. It beggars belief, although I did see in the local paper he was charged with drink driving over a year later, thankfully before killing someone.

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I've had exactly the same experience, saw someone drink all day until they could barley stand up and couldn't believe it when they raced off in a 4x4 knocking a wheel bin over that someone had put out moments before. Called the police and told them they'd obviously be arriving home within the next 30mins. I later enquired the outcome, they told me they were too busy and had a rant at me that I should understand how busy they are. It beggars belief, although I did see in the local paper he was charged with drink driving over a year later, thankfully before killing someone.

It’s scary isn’t it . I even took the Reg and the morning did a check on it … not tax or insurance either but was mot’d

no over reaction from the police for me today.as i lept in the car and only drove 50y down the road like a muppet and being lazy i put no seat belt on.stupid i know but i did it.anyway pull into the farmshop and there were 8-10 police volvo,s parked up with at least a dozen coppers stood infront of their cars watching me pull into the carpark.luckily for me their were having their breakfast and nothing was said.just goes to show one stupid mistake by myself could have cost me.

2 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

no over reaction from the police for me today.as i lept in the car and only drove 50y down the road like a muppet and being lazy i put no seat belt on.stupid i know but i did it.anyway pull into the farmshop and there were 8-10 police volvo,s parked up with at least a dozen coppers stood infront of their cars watching me pull into the carpark.luckily for me their were having their breakfast and nothing was said.just goes to show one stupid mistake by myself could have cost me.

So are you linking your stupid action and lots of coppers to a young girls throw away remark and loads of coppers?

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

They were saying on the radio this morning that it wasn't an arrest able offence in any circumstances and the police had no legal right to enter the house.

Who would want to be a police officer? Their problem now is that everyone has a mobile phone with a camera.

And the Police should be aware of that and behave within the law accordingly!

There is an assessment of what happened, on the black belt barrister you tube channel from a legal perspective. 

The girl was found drunk in town, and was considered a danger to herself, the police bought her home, once inside she mentioned, within earshot that one of the female officers looked like her lesbian nana. 

This officer immediately called for her arrest, the mother explained her autism, the officer said 'I don't care' 

Eventually she was removed from the house, mother explained she also has scoliosis of the spine, and pulling her arms would cause her intense pain, they dragged her screaming into the car. 

The next day, she was interviewed, and no further action would be taken. 

The force has promised to review it's procedures. While there is a complaint and internal investigation are continuing. 

20 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The girl was found drunk in town, and was considered a danger to herself, the police bought her home, once inside she mentioned, within earshot that one of the female officers looked like her lesbian nana. 

This officer immediately called for her arrest, the mother explained her autism, the officer said 'I don't care' 

What we don't know is what went down between pick up in town and what was filmed and edited before issue.  I suspect considerable abuse was involved from the drunken participant and that she had been warned.  It has become too easy for, what may be mild, autism to be used as an excuse for extreme bad, even unlawful, behaviour. 

7 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

What we don't know is what went down between pick up in town and what was filmed and edited before issue

No we don't, but if the girl has done something beside the alleged 'homophobic hate crime' then I'm sure the police would have mentioned it? 

I'm trying not to judge this too harshly, but the arrest seemed a little over the top given what is alleged. 

The public order part is a non starter. 

7 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

It has become too easy for, what may be mild, autism to be used as an excuse for extreme bad, even unlawful, behaviour  Agreed 100 %

There is only an allegation that she "appeared to be' intoxicated in the town. You are never going to get to the bottom of that one. Nobody has actually said drunk. Kids of that age more often take legal highs or nitrous oxide because they are cheaper. But also harder to detect.

Whatever, she was obviously in need of protection for her own welfare. Given all the history of paedophile grooming gang targeting under age girls the police were right to bring her home.

But the whole back story of why she was in the town in the first place never got mentioned. Was this a one off? Or was she a regular? Prime prey for the paedophile, drug dealers and pimps.

Edited by Vince Green

2 hours ago, .357shooter said:

You drove 50yds to the farm shop?

1 hour ago, Yellow Bear said:

What we don't know is what went down between pick up in town and what was filmed and edited before issue.  I suspect considerable abuse was involved from the drunken participant and that she had been warned.  It has become too easy for, what may be mild, autism to be used as an excuse for extreme bad, even unlawful, behaviour. 

This.