UK Summer

wymberley

Very little cloud let alone any sign of rain , the weather girl said this morning that today will be the 7th day on the trot where the temp have topped 30 degtees , I was out before 7 am and it was warm then but now it is getting nice and hot with not a breath of wind , should start getting cooler tomorrow with a temp of 27 / 28 degrees . 

We were thinking of going to the Sandringham Game Fair today, but we are getting on a bit and the heat would be far to much for me , my wife and the dog , so maybe next year if all go well where it could be record low temp's , although I very much doubt it .:drinks:     MM

16 minutes ago, London Best said:

I don’t mind the heat, it’s the humidity which makes it unbearable in this country. Much hotter in South Africa and Arizona, but dry heat and more pleasant.

100%

Been horrid here the last week. Thankfully this morning it’s rained and brought the temps down. 
Hope it rains all day and from tomorrow we are set for 16-20deg temps for a week

9 hours ago, marsh man said:

Very little cloud let alone any sign of rain , the weather girl said this morning that today will be the 7th day on the trot where the temp have topped 30 degtees , I was out before 7 am and it was warm then but now it is getting nice and hot with not a breath of wind , should start getting cooler tomorrow with a temp of 27 / 28 degrees . 

We were thinking of going to the Sandringham Game Fair today, but we are getting on a bit and the heat would be far to much for me , my wife and the dog , so maybe next year if all go well where it could be record low temp's , although I very much doubt it .:drinks:     MM

It was a tad warm there. By around 3pm the car park was half empty and some stall holders were packing up. 
Was ok, but not exactly a ‘Game fair’ 

44 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

It was a tad warm there. By around 3pm the car park was half empty and some stall holders were packing up. 

Evening Jaymo , Although not a pedigree Game Fair I hope you had a good day non the less , we were never early birds and time we got there we were parking towards the back of the car park , the last time we went I dropped off a load of frozen Pigeons at Bambridge in Watton first , then went to Waitrose at Swaffham to get something to eat and a free coffee , and then we were on our way , we were only a few cars off from the car park when the attendant came out and diverted the cars to another car park , again it was a long ole walk to the pay desk , we found the fair alright but it was well spaced out , I got my arm stamped and around 3pm I went and got my motor and drove it within 50 yds of the entrance , had a bite to eat and left the dog in the back while we went round once more , we would then come out between 4.30 and 5pm and get on to the coast road and end up at Cromer for fish and chips so time we got home it was quite a full day , in todays heat it would had been just to much and the body isn't as fit as it once was , maybe next year if all being well ?    MM

On 10/09/2023 at 19:57, Jaymo said:

We usually attend this show as a family but only daughter and I went this time, the wife stayed home as she was not feeling 100% and my son said it was too hot.

First paying visit anywhere and able to claim an OAP discount. Not so much a "game" fair now is it. Despite the presence of the NGO & BASC it has, like others, morphed into a general artsy, craftsy, clothing [the sort of stuff that is always "on sale, show special, discount" type thing that they all seem to get from the same wholesalers]. The usual demonstrations of scrambling bikes, mini pony driving, hot hawks, gun dogs retrieving dummies from the same bits of conifer cuttings they have done several times already. Long queues of hot sweaty bodies, irritable kids waiting for hot, often greasy food or ice cream [£5 per cone - no thanks]. I saw too many stressed dogs being hauled through the crowds.

Daughter bought a couple of fleeces, I bought nothing. Looked at the Ineos Grenadier stand, had another sit in one, still couldn't convince myself they are worth the money. Spotted a couple of people I know but that was it. The usual long walk from and to the motor, 90 minute drive home, arrived knackered and sore which reminds me that 1. I'm not as young and fit as I used to be, 2. Cancer and chemo really does knock the stuffing out of you.

Moan over. As you were.

1 hour ago, Miserableolgit said:

I'll see how I feel if Im still topside of the grass next year 🤞

That is it , wait till the time come , we never get advanced tickets and make our minds up possibly a couple of days before the event , we are both just past the mid 70s and my wife is nowhere near as mobile as she once was , well neither am I come to that , also I take my dog wherever I go and with a record September heat wave I am afraid that this year was a no no . a mate of mine went and he told me he parked close to the fair by saying he was there to shoot clay pigeons and I believe it was a couple of quid cheaper as well , this little gem will be locked in the memory bank for next year .:good:

18 hours ago, marsh man said:

That is it , wait till the time come , we never get advanced tickets and make our minds up possibly a couple of days before the event , we are both just past the mid 70s and my wife is nowhere near as mobile as she once was , well neither am I come to that , also I take my dog wherever I go and with a record September heat wave I am afraid that this year was a no no . a mate of mine went and he told me he parked close to the fair by saying he was there to shoot clay pigeons and I believe it was a couple of quid cheaper as well , this little gem will be locked in the memory bank for next year .:good:

Ditto... if I go again!