Climate change, lawyers needed

islandgun

47 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

The lawyers, as always.

This.  It's just a money making scheme for lawyers - who will be the only 'winners'.

One side will be paid by Gov't (i.e. taxpayers) - the other will do doubt seek 'crowdfunding' (many of whom are taxpayers again).  Lawywrs for both sides will take fees and drag it out as long as they can, gradually working up the legal chain through appeals and different 'levels' of courts. 

The legal system these days is becoming a job creation scheme for the legal profession. 

Maybe it’s no bad thing?
Lawyers for the claimants are now going to have to prove that the fires and their effect on the claimants mental/physical health, are definitely caused by man made climate change, whereas it will now be in a governments interest for their lawyers to prove the causes are natural and not man made. 🙂

Interesting times. 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

Maybe it’s no bad thing?
Lawyers for the claimants are now going to have to prove that the fires and their effect on the claimants mental/physical health, are definitely caused by man made climate change, whereas it will now be in a governments interest for their lawyers to prove the causes are natural and not man made. 🙂

Interesting times. 

I'm not sure how you 'prove' either way.   It seems that there are 'scientific experts' on both sides.

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

I'm not sure how you 'prove' either way.   It seems that there are 'scientific experts' on both sides.

Exactly! We are living our lives under a constant bombardment that climate change is real and man made, and indeed killing the planet, and governments are creating policy based on that, yet the science isn’t proved! 
Like I said, interesting times ahead. 
I doubt I can afford ( let alone eat ) THAT much popcorn! 🙂

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

Exactly! We are living our lives under a constant bombardment that climate change is real and man made, and indeed killing the planet, and governments are creating policy based on that, yet the science isn’t proved! 
Like I said, interesting times ahead. 
I doubt I can afford ( let alone eat ) THAT much popcorn! 🙂

The point is….who will make the final judgement on which side is right?, as you say, this will take an awful lot of popcorn to sort out.

16 minutes ago, old'un said:

The point is….who will make the final judgement on which side is right?, as you say, this will take an awful lot of popcorn to sort out.

Indeed. If the government wins it will be confirmation that policies based on man made climate change are simply a revenue gathering agenda. 
If the new religion wins then we’re ALL scuppered, because we aren’t going to change ( not even those who believe ) and nothing we do is going to make one iota of difference, and it will be man the lifeboats…..but to where? 😀