childhood favourite

ditchman

on a thursday i never strayed far from home as a kid........i would have a good breakfast...and mum used to pack me off with 3 sausages and an egg and Baco foil...i would go off fishing or with my air rifle (webley Mk 3 .22).....at lunch i would make a camp fire spear my bangers on a stick and crack the egg into the tin foil....that was lunch....

then i would make my way home for tea ............which on a thurday would be ham egg an chips and beans..........

P1000961tf.jpg

P1000960tf.jpg

P1000962tf.jpg

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

on a thursday i never strayed far from home as a kid........i would have a good breakfast...and mum used to pack me off with 3 sausages and an egg and Baco foil...i would go off fishing or with my air rifle (webley Mk 3 .22).....at lunch i would make a camp fire spear my bangers on a stick and crack the egg into the tin foil....that was lunch....

then i would make my way home for tea ............which on a thurday would be ham egg an chips and beans..........

P1000961tf.jpg

P1000960tf.jpg

P1000962tf.jpg

Literally in my top five favourite meals. I am going to go home and make that shortly.

Looks delicious.

4 hours ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Superb chips again!

You  are fast becoming the 'chipmaster' for sure. 

Branston beans I assume?

yup

4 hours ago, old'un said:

that's the cleanest I have seen your thumb since you stopped messing with metal. :)

aint that the truth....my fingers havt been this clean for 60 years

4 hours ago, Scully said:

I love cold turkey with chips and a fried egg ( usually done in the chip pan ) with lashings of salt, for Boxing Day tea. 
Unfortunately we don’t have a chip pan, so it doesn’t happen that often nowadays. 

superb combination

4 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Looks like you have new frying fat.

i told you yesterday it wasnt the fat ..it was the black pudding breaking up a bit .....pay attention at the back now:big_boss:

On 30/11/2023 at 14:21, ditchman said:

P1000961tf.jpg

P1000960tf.jpg

P1000962tf.jpg

There is something nice about having dinners we used to have as children as we advance in years. 
glad to hear you hold some fond memories. 
how old would you have been 

1 hour ago, ph5172 said:

There is something nice about having dinners we used to have as children as we advance in years. 
glad to hear you hold some fond memories. 
how old would you have been 

i was allowed out on my own when i could swim 50yds in cold water....i was about 8 years old

43 minutes ago, Gameking said:

Tell me about the Ham ! - sourced from Local butcher ? , Co-op 🙄 - online supplier

It's just that good 'Ham of the bone' is difficult to find IME, yet Ham , Egg and Chips is a simple classic 

TIA

Its Broadland Hams .....they supply all the co-ops and spa shops.....