Fondle my dumplings

ditchman

13 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Hungarian goulash........with a couple of good ole dumplings.....they tasted superb a cross between rib-o-beef and fresh bread with a peppery twang.........

christ that went down well

P1000979ds.jpg

P1000980ds.jpg

P1000981ds.jpg

P1000982ds.jpg

P1000983ds.jpg

Both my nan and mum made dumplings but they put them in the stew to cook, never seen them done like yours, but they look nice.

12 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Looks tasty, how did you make the dumplings?

cup full of raising flour

3/4's cup suet

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking powder

loads of black pepper and chopped parsley

mix together DRY....then slowly add small ammountsof water   andstir with a spoon keep on adding water (little) andstir until it starts toclumps together.....when it does grab a handful and gently squeeze together so its just smaller than a tennis ball.....DONT KNEED IT TOGETHER it needs to have air in it...............then steam or cook for 20 mins

6 minutes ago, old'un said:

Both my nan and mum made dumplings but they put them in the stew to cook, never seen them done like yours, but they look nice.

sometimes i finish them off in the oven to make them nice and crispy on top

39 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I would have hoped for a bit more colour on the dumplings................................................

WHAT SORT OF BLOODY COLOUR ..rainbow.....flouresant green....bleedin' orange....irridesant blue !!!!!!....fer christs sake ...i did these specially for you dammit..:big_boss:

5 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

I dont think he would go there!

he would be well advised to keep well clear of it.........making comments like that :mad:

they are supposed to look like a drowned babies head....end of..........ask any materlot

Edited by ditchman

49 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Dumplings along with a few other things like semolina pudding, tapioca, rice pudding are for me memories of school meals that I would much rather not remember!  Hence all are 'off' my menu.

tapioca/frogs egg............was my skool nightmare.........

20 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

🤣🤣🤣👍👍

I'm having stew tomorrow I might have a go and make some dumplings 👍👍

dont use too much water and dont kneed them so they are like plastercine....just enough water to granulate them...so when you get a handful and push it together ..they stick together...........JUST

dont use you hot hands to mix it...the heat will melt the suet...use a fork

always use colmans mustard ....it was made for dipping yer dumps in.....

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

dont use too much water and dont kneed them so they are like plastercine....just enough water to granulate them...so when you get a handful and push it together ..they stick together...........JUST

dont use you hot hands to mix it...the heat will melt the suet...use a fork

always use colmans mustard ....it was made for dipping yer dumps in.....

Thanks for the advice 👍 🙏 

As for blowing smoke where the sun don’t shine would you need to remove the ginger first?

just asking for a friend?

On 13/12/2023 at 19:47, ditchman said:

wwwwwhhhhaaaat....................they are supposed to look like that................you are blowing smoke up my anus arnt you /??

2 hours ago, GingerCat said:

I always stick them on top of the stew, soaks up some more flavour. Occasionally I cover the whole of the stew and leave the lid off so it's goes hard like a pie crust. Lovely. 

crispy top is supreme.........i sometimes slap them under the grill..................snake & pigmy stew/casserole done in the oven...then the last 20 mins..pop a flat suet dumpling ontop...back in the oven............................ooohhhhhhhhhhh  very nice

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

crispy top is supreme.........i sometimes slap them under the grill..................snake & pigmy stew/casserole done in the oven...then the last 20 mins..pop a flat suet dumpling ontop...back in the oven............................ooohhhhhhhhhhh  very nice

Not had snake & pigmy for a while 🤔 my Mrs won't eat it 🙄