Rough shooting opportunity

On 25/01/2024 at 14:39, HantsRob said:

I don't think that's a particularly kind comment, and I think it is a little uncalled for. It may be a jaded or negative comment, however it does hold value. Even if just 1 person felt that way genuinely, does it mean it has any less meaning or importance?

you are right everyone entitled to an opinion but hes came here to make an offer/transaction whatever you want to call it and  gets picked to bits.  the lad might have loads to offer in future and criticizing constructive or otherwise, can make him think "not worth the effort". then everyone's fingers are burned.  the free opportunity section is depressingly dead enough as it is

im with the majority well on you mate, hope it went well

Edited by Sweet11-87

Had a great day yesterday big thank you to claysandgame who bought along his lovely lab Percy who worked so hard all day! we managed 25 pheasants and 1 pigeon for the day. Couldn’t have hoped for better given that no birds are put down in this farm. Great to catch up with family and friends and make new ones. Farmer was very happy and even gave us some deer stalking to be getting on with. Thanks for all the positive comments and feedback I’m glad I posted on the forum as it achieved exactly what we were hoping, help from a great dog, a new friend and shooting buddy and a great day out for everyone involved.

D890349A-FCD3-48E3-964C-9EF22E255F6F.jpeg

ABC2B569-3AD8-41BF-B71E-9221A5126051.jpeg

1B9F85A8-4B3B-46D0-B2FB-641C2F62FB86.jpeg

813D9672-8A62-44C3-98D4-9967C843785B.jpeg

Edited by devon fowler

Glad the day was a success.
Striving to make the sport as inclusive as possible should go some way to ensuring its future.  If others were to follow suit by offering the odd day to encourage participation, albeit on this occasion Percy had the invite and claysandgame merely the other half, we would be putting our sport on a stronger footing at grass roots level.

Excellent, glad the day was a success.   Am not too far away and would've leapt at the chance myself, but for the fact it was our last day on our little DIY syndicate, and it's been a while since my dog has done any rough work.  Though he did put a shift in looking for a missing pheasant on Saturday.

These kind of offers are far and few and the op deserve a big well done in offering it to a complete stranger , in life you get little doors open now and again and you need to go through even if it turn out a failure , it could also be the start of a new way of life and life is all about taking chances , it look as if you all had a brilliant day and may you all have many more in the months and years ahead . :good:     MM