what is this thing? Some sort of delivery nozzle?

rovercoupe

It's for delivering oil from bulk storage, used in vehicle garages.

It would be on the end of a retractable delivery hose in a service bay.

The face not shown in the picture has a resettable dial to show the dispensed quantity. 

5 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

It's for delivering oil from bulk storage, used in vehicle garages.

It would be on the end of a retractable delivery hose in a service bay.

The face not shown in the picture has a resettable dial to show the dispensed quantity. 

Hello, that is where i remember seeing something like that in the old village garage , now long gone, 

Here's a photo taken in a garage I worked in, you can just make out the same type of oil dispenser on the right.

1 hour ago, wisdom said:

Tecalamit.They make a lot of garage equipment

Indeed. 

The old Rover might make a few of you go all misty eyed.

I was repairing the nearside sill after it failed the MOT, IMG_4315.JPG.d0038a1cc8a8ee7840562003f6d2b255.JPGI wonder where it is now, that must of been 35-40 years ago.

41 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

Here's a photo taken in a garage I worked in, you can just make out the same type of oil dispenser on the right.

Indeed. 

The old Rover might make a few of you go all misty eyed.

I was repairing the nearside sill after it failed the MOT, IMG_4315.JPG.d0038a1cc8a8ee7840562003f6d2b255.JPGI wonder where it is now, that must of been 35-40 years ago.

i took my test in a Rover 110...my old mans.............christ i thrashed it on the way home from kings lynn test centre...:lol:

1 hour ago, rovercoupe said:

Great picture, it’s got me thinking with the size and shape of nozzle could it have been for gearbox/ diff oil? 

Nope, engine oil.

That'll flow at quite a rate.

Gearbox fillers were normally plain without the dial gauge, like the one behind it in the picture that has the GTX sticker on.

11 hours ago, Wymondley said:

Nope, engine oil.

That'll flow at quite a rate.

Gearbox fillers were normally plain without the dial gauge, like the one behind it in the picture that has the GTX sticker on.

Our gearbox fillers were portable hand wound ones delivering ep90 on a cold morning into an lorry diff was like a work out.You turned the handle one way until it stopped then wound it back.Pumped both ways

Ahh ep90 the stuff you drained out of the diff / gearbox always smelt like cat pee.

if you got it on your clothes it certainly lingered 

1 hour ago, wisdom said:

Our gearbox fillers were portable hand wound ones delivering ep90 on a cold morning into an lorry diff was like a work out.You turned the handle one way until it stopped then wound it back.Pumped both ways

Agriv8

a digital version I remember but an old garage I remember had an analog one

IMG_2832.png

Edited by Agriv8