Democracy at work

JohnfromUK

7 hours ago, Bigbob said:

Yes folks only choice is which lot are the best of a bad bunch but who has the metal to sort this country out  

No one in power will ever give up their gold plated life, it has to be wrested from them?

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, looks to me like Khan and his followers keep using the You do not like Muslims red card🤔

I think the general population has had enough and I think the old trick of burying their head in the sand while pulling out 'the card' isn't going to wash much longer in shutting down necessary debates.

19 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, looks to me like Khan aaand his followers keep using the You do not like Muslims red card🤔

As a londoner born and bred I don't get a sense that he is following a Muslim agenda but he is definitely pursuing an unacceptable Environmental policy and pushing it very hard. Also he is allowing the unions far too much slack and criticising the police at every opportunity despite being in charge of them.

In truth he is in hock to the looney left for his support 

Edited by Vince Green

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Why do we need a mayor? It should be a ceremonial role rather than a dictatorship 

Because people were too thick to realise, it was always going to cost them money, and voted yes to a mayor.

And it is still going on today, more government only means, more bureaucracy and money to pay for it.

It was made clear, the mayor was going to have the power to raise funds. That only meant one thing, more tax, sorry charges.

Perhaps Londoners should use the mayor's logic on referendums. I think the turnout was around 30%, and close.

Edit - Just checked and it wasn't close. Around 70%, but was only a 34% turnout. Voter apathy strikes again.

Edited by Newbie to this

10 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Why do we need a mayor? It should be a ceremonial role rather than a dictatorship 

We don't - any more than we need Police and Crime Commissioners in addition to Chief Constables, and Parish Councils, District Councils and County Councils, Devolved Governments, and numerous other layers of pension accruing bureaucrats.

Just now, JohnfromUK said:

We don't - any more than we need Police and Crime Commissioners in addition to Chief Constables, and Parish Councils, District Councils and County Councils, Devolved Governments, and numerous other layers of pension accruing bureaucrats.

^^^

This 💯%, just more money extracted from the tax payers.

58 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

This was a Tony Blair ploy.

After Maggie had got rid of the GLC, so sorting out Ken Livingstone, who then, after he had been elected as an MP, promptly became a thorn in the Labour leadership's side.

Blair created the London Assembly and Mayor of London role to get Livingstone out of his hair.

16 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Yet another thing that we can thank A B Liar for.

And all those who voted Labour.

Brace yourselves, Labour are coming again, and so is more devolution.

Strange how this devolution only ends with more government and people on the tax payer's cheque, and never involves reducing central government. :hmm:

Edited by Newbie to this