Breasts or thighs ?.

samboy

Hi gang.

I've decided to start making curry's again. Been told that chicken thighs are better than breasts.

Any thoughts on this ?.

Thanks all.

Thighs tend to retain moisture better but you can get the same with breasts if you put a tray of boiling water in the oven as you cook them, Air Frying is even easier - just pour about 100ml of boiling water into the bottom of the fryer before cooking the chicken. If you are heading towards Tandoori style chicken then (after marinading) put the chicken on a skewer and cook at a high temp in the oven before lightly burning the meat with a blowtorch. You can do the same with the veg.I don't think that the taste of the meat really has any effect as curry is normally quite a strong flavour so it's the texture that matters.

Edited by bruno22rf

bruno22rf has the right call..............currying breast canmake them dry out....breast meat needs to be cooked quick to stop it going tough and dry......whereas thighs you can cook to hell and they continue to get softer....lot more flavour......breast meat is better for dry curries and stir fry curries

Agree with the various posts above.

Thighs (fillets) better flavour and easier to keep tender and juicy.  However - if you are a bit 'obsessive' about trimming off 'non muscle bits' (I tend to be) thighs are considerably more time consuming to trim.  As has been said above, in a curry subtle differences in the flavour contribution from the thigh or breast chicken may be lost in the spices.

I use both.