M n M back in a hide.

My old mucker Motty called me yesterday and asked if I fancied a day shooting pigeons. I obviously said yes. We arranged to meet at around 8 am at one of his permissions. The field was a recently harvested beet field. We set up at the end of a hedge so we could shoot the birds as they came into the corner of this small field with the wind from left to right. 
Motty had two dead pigeons , so we put a rotory out with several shell decoys scattered around and about. The birds were slow to come out and we both started to think it might not happen, but fortunately a slow trickle started and we picked up singles at a steady rate around 11 o’clock the trickle increased and we started to get busier. I was using a  12 and so was Motty but he also bought along his huspower 20 bore , He was on fire with it today when he used it and I had a few goes as well. The usual decoy shots were had but plenty of overhead high bird and high crosses to make a very memorable day in Norfolk. The final pick up was, 120 pigeons and a single crow. 
IMG_4227.jpeg.b97111c2738f50d7f732565ed0c8d197.jpeg

On 01/04/2024 at 14:00, muncher said:

Yes he did some filming, hopefully he’ll post it on here. 

I thought I had posted on here on Saturday. Obviously I wasn't signed in.....

It was a great day out which I thoroughly enjoyed. We both took some lovely shots. Hopefully most of these will have been caught on camera. I will make a video at some point soon.

A bonus was that I was able to take the pigeons to the game dealer!

Hopefully there will be some more to shoot  somewhere this weekend.