oowee

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, oowee said:

Great to see the Tories getting a good beating in the local election. I can't understand why they are even polling the numbers they are. Still it's good news lets hope the trend continues and the Tories get fully trounced in the forthcoming general. 

I believe you are a civil servant (apologies if Im wrong)

So your job is safe regardless of who gets in.

Maybe you have heard somewhere in the corridors of power that Labour are going to increase the numbers of them?

Its easy to promise everything when your in opposition as you don’t have to prove anything.

Dont forget when the last Labour govt were kicked out, a note was left in the treasury 

“Good luck, there’s no money left”

:shaun:

6 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

I believe you are a civil servant (apologies if Im wrong)

So your job is safe regardless of who gets in.

Maybe you have heard somewhere in the corridors of power that Labour are going to increase the numbers of them?

Its easy to promise everything when your in opposition as you don’t have to prove anything.

Dont forget when the last Labour govt were kicked out, a note was left in the treasury 

“Good luck, there’s no money left”

Now retired. 

Labour will not have funds to do anything much. The country is mortgaged to the hilt, debt levels are the highest since the 60's. Tax is currently the highest on record. The pound has deteriorated significantly since Brexit (17%). The Truss budget has increased the UK borrowing costs. What ever way you look at it the outlook is pretty gloomy. 

This Tory regime will not even have the courtesy to leave a note.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Now retired. 

Labour will not have funds to do anything much. The country is mortgaged to the hilt, debt levels are the highest since the 60's. Tax is currently the highest on record. The pound has deteriorated significantly since Brexit (17%). The Truss budget has increased the UK borrowing costs. What ever way you look at it the outlook is pretty gloomy. 

The previous Labour government didn't have to deal the costs of an initially untreatable, worldwide epidemic, the consequences of a major European war and unchecked immigration deliberately caused by the previous government.

If Labour get in, we will look back at the current economic situation with nostalgia

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Now retired. 

I'd be interested in your take on how labour is going to solve this mess 👍

15 hours ago, Genghis said:

Labour have been consistently the most vocal party in calling for tighter gun control since Keyham - most notable suggestions have been banning pump action shotguns and banning guns being stored at home. Luke Pollard the loudest of the bunch.

I don't understand why anyone who partakes in any form of shooting would be celebrating a Labour victory. 

I believe that Pollard IS the bunch and has played this for all that it's worth taking him from virtual obscurity to the slack handful of Labour MPs who could be considered as a future Party leader if the current one slips up.

34 minutes ago, wymberley said:

I believe that Pollard IS the bunch and has played this for all that it's worth taking him from virtual obscurity to the slack handful of Labour MPs who could be considered as a future Party leader if the current one slips up.

Isn't it their plan to replace him whether Starmer slips up or not.

Starmer is just the stalking horse.

Edited by amateur
Clarity

3 hours ago, vmaxphil said:

I'd be interested in your take on how labour is going to solve this mess 👍

They can't. All as they can do is stop the slide into the abyss. We simply don't have sufficient productivity or people to support our expectations. The required radical agenda is inedible to the electorate and our FPP system does not allow for consensus politics. 

3 hours ago, amateur said:

Isn't it their plan to replace him whether Starmer slips up or not.

Starmer is just the stalking horse.

I haven't a clue. I don't do politics and only posted because the man got right up my nose. If I were to have an opinion it would be to agree with oowee above

1 hour ago, oowee said:

All as they can do is stop the slide into the abyss.

I think we need to define what the 'abyss' actually is ?
Then we can possibly say how a labour government can save us from it.

Indeed, many like myself included, dont quite see the abyss , UNLESS a labour government put us into one.
What are these great policies that labour are saying are going to 'save' us , no one seems to be saying what they are , where is the manifesto ?
There just seems to be the usual platitudes of 'tax the rich' and we are going to nationalise this or that, with money they freely admit we dont have.

If there is no plan , how can you have such faith that things will be better and not worse ?
Its fairly clear you have a deep hatred of the tories, but what have they done thats really so bad ?
Not that Im saying theyre great BTW , their policy of trying to keep everyone happy, hasnt benefitted everybody, or the majority even, but labours plan doesnt seem much different, and in fact aims to hurt the largest taxpayers in society , the ones who prop this country up !

If all we want is something 'different' in our government, why would we assume it will be better, I often hear 'Nothing could be worse than the tories'
Well thats an assumption that might come back to bite , HARD !

So lets define the 'abyss' we are facing now, so at least we can compare it to the one we might be facing later.

11 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Indeed, many like myself included, dont quite see the abyss , UNLESS a labour government put us into one.
What are these great policies that labour are saying are going to 'save' us , no one seems to be saying what they are , where is the manifesto ?
There just seems to be the usual platitudes of 'tax the rich' and we are going to nationalise this or that, with money they freely admit we dont have.

If there is no plan , how can you have such faith that things will be better and not worse ?
Its fairly clear you have a deep hatred of the tories, but what have they done thats really so bad ?
Not that Im saying theyre great BTW , their policy of trying to keep everyone happy, hasnt benefitted everybody, or the majority even, but labours plan doesnt seem much different, and in fact aims to hurt the largest taxpayers in society , the ones who prop this country up !

If all we want is something 'different' in our government, why would we assume it will be better, I often hear 'Nothing could be worse than the tories'

So lets define the 'abyss' we are facing now, so at least we can compare it to the one we might be facing later.

Excellent assessment of the position.

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Crikey how much of the abyss we are in can you not see???? As for Labours plan the work that they have been doing with focus groups and Civil Servants (😉) convince me not only that they have a plan but also that it is soundly based. Execution may be a different matter as they (like all parties) will struggle with the hard choices that a bankrupt country will inevitably have to make. 

It will take any government years to dig us back out of the hole we are currently in. I accept that it's not all of the fault of the Tories the Brexit voting electorate share at least part of the blame. 

1 hour ago, Yellow Bear said:

I am still waiting for someone to define RICH because as it stands it seems to be anyone above minimum wage that is not on benefits.

Whatever the definition there are not so many left after this regime has taken it's toll. 

14 minutes ago, oowee said:

Whatever the definition there are not so many left after this regime has taken it's toll.

However bad this lot may  or may not  be they have not robbed me as badly as labour governments during my life.

4 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

However bad this lot may  or may not  be they have not robbed me as badly as labour governments during my life.

Really? Wow it must have been bad. This lot have taken at least 17% of my net worth with the currency devaluation let alone the tax and the tax and the tax. The impact of Truss will be felt for years to come. 

1 minute ago, oowee said:

Really? Wow it must have been bad. This lot have taken at least 17% of my net worth with the currency devaluation let alone the tax and the tax and the tax. The impact of Truss will be felt for years to come. 

Just 2 points to start

Basic rate income tax in 70's 33 to 35 percent with NI on top came to 40% of income.

Windfall tax on pensions by one Gordon Brown knocked a big lump from my pension fund.

45 minutes ago, oowee said:

Crikey how much of the abyss we are in can you not see???? As for Labours plan the work that they have been doing with focus groups and Civil Servants (😉) convince me not only that they have a plan but also that it is soundly based. Execution may be a different matter as they (like all parties) will struggle with the hard choices that a bankrupt country will inevitably have to make. 

It will take any government years to dig us back out of the hole we are currently in. I accept that it's not all of the fault of the Tories the Brexit voting electorate share at least part of the blame.  

Best way to eventually terminate paying the corrupt unelected EU tons of cash to work against our interests.

53 minutes ago, oowee said:

Crikey how much of the abyss we are in can you not see???? As for Labours plan the work that they have been doing with focus groups and Civil Servants (😉) convince me not only that they have a plan but also that it is soundly based. Execution may be a different matter as they (like all parties) will struggle with the hard choices that a bankrupt country will inevitably have to make

We are far from a bankrupt country , and no sorry , I don't see this abyss.

You'll recognise the problem of REALLY being bankrupt, and some real societal abyss when it happens, and a sure fire indication of this will be when those dinghies stop landing on the beach, and the eastern Europeans start heading home.

53 minutes ago, oowee said:

It will take any government years to dig us back out of the hole we are currently in.

Boom ! And the excuses start before they're even in .

It's funny how when the tories took over in 2010, that excuse wasn't good enough.

54 minutes ago, oowee said:

I accept that it's not all of the fault of the Tories the Brexit voting electorate share at least part of the blame

Tell me again how Brexit has 'crashed' the economy and sent us over the 'cliff edge' into this 'abyss' 😂

47 minutes ago, oowee said:

Euro and dollar values are the same now as before brexit, so I'm not sure how that works, maybe you should have had a little faith in the pound and not sold at the wrong time ?

i read this thread....and i see all the wasted breath spent upon it.....:lol:

really ...it dosnt matter a jot who you support or vote for or align yourself to...whoever is in power.......(to use a wonderful American expression)......."its going to be a dumpster fire"

it will be willy's out...bottoms parted....and snouts in the trough...............and all the "special advisors" SPADS.....will be so far up the bottoms of their bosses they will be called "toenails"...cause thats all that will be seen sticking out:sick:

WE NEED A REVOLVOLUTION....and clear out all the dross...political and clerical:devil: