First Trump vs Biden TV debate

Rewulf

2 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

As I wrote on an American forum. This:

Why do I think it will end up resembling an argument between two old men in a shared room in a nursing home over which one left the cap off their one tube of haemorrhoid ointment?

i once cleaned my teeth with Preparation H.....it was dark in the bathroom and i was the worse for wear.........tasted yuck....it didnt froth:sick:

56 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

whoever decided that this geriatric was in a mentality fit state to face off against Trump or any other opposite number wants his/her bumps feeling.

this must surely have ended any chance the Democrats have of keeping the tenancy on Pennsylvania Avenue 

They have to pull him out. I suspect Gavin Nuisance Newsom will be parachuted in. 

44 minutes ago, oowee said:

Car crash for Biden it was.😨

Scary times. 

One American commentator summed it up perfectly ' Biden is not physically or mentally capable of the most menial, the least demanding job imaginable, never mind being POTUS for the next four and half years'

The dems HAVE to replace him as nominee ASAP surely ?

Just now, Penelope said:

They have to pull him out. I suspect Gavin Nuisance Newsom will be parachuted in. 

Absolutely, but have they left it too late ?

It shows a terrible lack of judgement from the dems though.

16 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

All good if they have, although I think the writing has been on the wall for some time now, that they are on for a defeat.

Trump is filling stadiums; Biden can't fill a school hall.

Edited by Penelope

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

This debate was unusually early in the election cycle.
I've heard speculation that the dems asked for that to give them time to regroup around another candidate in the event Biden tanked like he did last night.

Part of their problem now is they need Biden to step aside voluntarily as there is no formal process to force him out, but does he even have the mental capacity now to understand what they want him to do, and why he should?  He probably thinks he demolished Trump last night...

Their other problem is the natural successor to take his place as Democrat candidate would be the vice president, Kamala Harris. 
Unfortunately, Harris has proved in polls to be even more unpopular than Biden, which is quite an achievement in itself.

4 hours ago, Penelope said:

That didn't prevent Biden "winning" in 2020...

I saw the Megan Kelly show earlier today and it was not favourable for Biden.  Some of the extracts she showed were hilarious..   Especilaay the one wher his wife Gill walked him away and then publicly announced that he had been fantastic, answered all the questions put to him and this was why he should be the president?????????? Has to be seen to understand just how patronising she was being towards him.  I have never and would never have spoken to either of my 2 sons in that manner, they would have just looked at me and told me to get the next bus!

:good:

6 hours ago, Penelope said:

All good if they have, although I think the writing has been on the wall for some time now, that they are on for a defeat.

I have seen him waving to empty stadiums and adding the people after. I have seen plenty walking out. 

I would rather an embalmed Biden than a mad Trump. What a hobsons choice it is. The last thing the world needs is a mad man. The last thing the States needs is pardoned thugs, and an insurrection.

Women's rights, Ukraine, Europe, North Korea,  Felony charges, there are so many reasons not to want a loony in charge. 

5 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Frighteningly I think it shows Biden has been nothing more than a puppet the entire time he's been in office, the question then is who's really running the USA.

The fact Biden and Trump are the best the US can come up with is sad.

👍 forget the politics of the parties. What a carp choice.