How much is it really...

ditchman

7 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Maybe you should consider your racist remarks before you try to label me with that badge. Our country is full and yet more folks irrespective of race or colour are still trying to get a slice of the ever dwindling resources.  

I am proud to have voted for brexit and proud to have voted for the reform party.

I would dearly love to help impoverished people all over the world but my belief is to help them in their own countries.

It is obvious to me that before this can happen we need to be in a strong country which encourages self help and not handouts to all and sundry.

I am very fearful of our countries future with an army of near do wells arriving on a daily basis irrespective  of race or colour.

I also believe the boats arrivals are just scratching the surface of the true figure arriving legitimately and disappearing into our soft underbelly.

As a country that has enough of its own parasites we truly do not need more.

From Auntie.

Agree 100%  well written and common sense reply , not dressed up in fancy words ,just pure common understanding that many more folks feel the same way. ...RESPECT. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

Maybe you should consider your racist remarks before you try to label me with that badge. Our country is full and yet more folks irrespective of race or colour are still trying to get a slice of the ever dwindling resources.  

I am proud to have voted for brexit and proud to have voted for the reform party.

I would dearly love to help impoverished people all over the world but my belief is to help them in their own countries.

It is obvious to me that before this can happen we need to be in a strong country which encourages self help and not handouts to all and sundry.

I am very fearful of our countries future with an army of near do wells arriving on a daily basis irrespective  of race or colour.

I also believe the boats arrivals are just scratching the surface of the true figure arriving legitimately and disappearing into our soft underbelly.

From Auntie.

can't argue with any of that👍

2 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

From Auntie.

With you on all of that except the racist counter, genuinely don’t know what I stated that’s racist? If you choose not to explain that or what you meant in your earlier post then that’s fine. Happy to remain “clueless” on those points.

With you on all of that except the racist counter, genuinely don’t know what I stated that’s racist?

I’m sure you didn’t intend this to sound like a racist slur so please explain yourself.

Only one person brought up racism.

10 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

OK, I’ll admit you’ve now lost me, I’m sure you didn’t intend this to sound like a racist slur so please explain yourself.

I don’t think anyone is doubting there is a huge illegal immigration problem but please explain whom the them/they are that benefits from it?

I couldn’t care a less about the clueless insults but can you please elaborate on the total lack of empathy for the country. I’ll readily concede that I lack empathy for certain types of people, like those who voted for Brexit believing it would fix illegal immigration or more recently voting for reform and thereby strengthening the majority of a government that are not friends of our sports and past times. But I fail to see how this equates to a lack of empathy for our country.

since you brought "empathy" up,am i a racist as i have ABSOLUTELY no empathy for ANY that are invading my country aided and abetting by the UK boarder farce and RNLI🤔

les Frogs wave them off on their 11 mile half way dingy trip with no care for their safety in their own waters,BUT,even if the dingy gets into bother just off-shore,the UK boarder farce and RNLI "invade" frog waters,not to drop them back on the beach,BUT,bring them to Dover.

unbelievable 😡😡😡

58 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

since you brought "empathy" up,am i a racist as i have ABSOLUTELY no empathy for ANY that are invading my country aided and abetting by the UK boarder farce and RNLI🤔

I don’t believe any sane person would suggest a lack of empathy in any way equates to racism👍

3 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

I don’t believe any sane person would suggest a lack of empathy in any way equates to racism👍

personally i don't believe you.

so,explain what you mean by "sane" and what was the "racist slur" that you needed to bring up,since the rest of us "sane" members have absolutely no scooby🙄

9 hours ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

personally i don't believe you.

so,explain what you mean by "sane" and what was the "racist slur" that you needed to bring up,since the rest of us "sane" members have absolutely no scooby🙄

OK, look, you asked me a question and I answered it in good faith. I don’t think we’ve interacted before so all I have to go on is what you wrote. I stand by my answer but you know you better than I do, so if you’re telling me you think you’re racist then I’m not going to argue with you.

sane: of sound mind and judgement. I used the word to normalise the point that irrespective of degrees of empathy to illegal immigration, anyone would reasonably conclude your statement is not racist.

I didn’t understand the reply referring to “them” that benefits from illegal immigration. Genuinely bamboozled, as was another poster.

Are you saying you did understand the post that led to me querying if it was intended as a racist slur? 

BTW when you refer to “the rest of us sane members”, it’s not clear to me who you are speaking for.

I honestly don’t really know what you are asking me but I’ve given it my best shot above.

6 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

sane: of sound mind and judgement. I used the word to normalise the point that irrespective of degrees of empathy to illegal immigration, anyone would reasonably conclude your statement is not racist.

Sanity, in a official capacity, would be a professional medical opinion.

Someone who says my opinion is sane , and yours is insane, is simply stating their opinion with emphasis.

If you say we should allow 5 million 3rd world migrants into the UK over the next 5 years, and I say that is pure insanity, its not calling into question whether you have sound mind or good judgment on other matters, but on this particular matter.
Now, me saying a policy of a million 3rd world migrants a year, when we clearly cant cope with them, COULD be considered by some to be racist, or at least xenophobic, to me its just common sense.
Those million a year need somewhere to live, thats a large city every year that needs to be built , with infrastructure , jobs , transit routes. Those cities are not being built.
So would it not be classed as insane to bring those people in, if there is nowhere to be for them to live and work ?

think we are running a bit off topic boys and girls...........all i asked was...

"does anybody want to estimate how much these immigrants over the last few years are really costing us/year.."

anyone ......?

6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

think we are running a bit off topic boys and girls...........all i asked was...

"does anybody want to estimate how much these immigrants over the last few years are really costing us/year.."

anyone ......?

A lot more than we can afford or pay.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Yellow Bear said:

A lot more than we can afford or pay.

and how much a year is it costing us to lock up foreign prisoners....thousands of them thousands i say...........how much a day does it cost to lock up 1 prisoner ?..plus dental treatment doctors etc ???

did a search...over 10,000 foriengn prisoners at a cost of nearly £50,000/year/prisoner=£50 million /year

DEPORT THE ********S.....

the cost /person illigal migrant has got to be very similar...

how many migrants going back a few years that are still parisiting off the state......?

Edited by ditchman

5 minutes ago, ditchman said:

and how much a year is it costing us to lock up foreign prisoners....thousands of them thousands i say...........how much a day does it cost to lock up 1 prisoner ?..plus dental treatment doctors etc ???

I believe the figure is around £50,000 a year per prisoner.

5 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Sanity, in a official capacity, would be a professional medical opinion.

Someone who says my opinion is sane , and yours is insane, is simply stating their opinion with emphasis.

If you say we should allow 5 million 3rd world migrants into the UK over the next 5 years, and I say that is pure insanity, its not calling into question whether you have sound mind or good judgment on other matters, but on this particular matter.
Now, me saying a policy of a million 3rd world migrants a year, when we clearly cant cope with them, COULD be considered by some to be racist, or at least xenophobic, to me its just common sense.
Those million a year need somewhere to live, thats a large city every year that needs to be built , with infrastructure , jobs , transit routes. Those cities are not being built.
So would it not be classed as insane to bring those people in, if there is nowhere to be for them to live and work ?

I agree but they key point is I didn’t pass a sanity / insanity opinion on anyone, did I? I stated my opinion is that nobody “sane” would suggest the lack of empathy makes the poster racist. No ambiguity / confusion, surely?

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

anyone ......?

Parse error in question, nobody knows how many are actually here, not all of their circumstances are the same, so an estimate is a wild guess.

Whatever the parameters and actual number, I venture it doesn’t equate to 10% of our GDP.

17 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Cunning plan eh!  The next leg is not to arrest anyone.8

Funny you should say that  !   If I was a working Bobby today, THAT is just the stance I would be tempted to take. Why should I run the risk of being assaulted, or worse, to first of all get the CPS to even look at the job, followed by a POSSIBLE Court appearance,  and IF it gets that far, to see the Defendant walk free with a suspended sentence or community service order. Over 40,000 assaults on Officers last year and you could count the number of custodial sentences received, on ONE hand.

What is the point  ?  I know a few Bobbies who are asking just that question  !

Edited by Westley

53 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Surely they should find other employment if that's how they genuinely feel? 

Most are past the point of no return, they have 20 plus years service so are really tied until retirement. Those with 6 months to 5 years ARE leaving.

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

did a search...over 10,000 foriengn prisoners at a cost of nearly £50,000/year/prisoner=£50 million /year

10,000 x £50,000 = £500 million not 50 ( just to cheer you up lol)