RIOTS IN UK

armsid

8 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

"There's no two tier policing...it's a non-issue"  Utter denial from the PM.  Things are going to get much worse before they get better, that's for sure.

Also, some very soft questioning from GBN.  Jebus, no wonder people are giving up on broadcast media in droves.

A 'pool reporter' apparently.

He has not got a clue, he is way out of his depth , he is just adding fuel to the fire , there is not enough police to cover the hole country .

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, toontastic said:

They could obviously do with a few days training at Tin City in Sennelager

Lol happy days being paid to riot, not so much fun being in the brick pelted with rubber track pads and bottles filled with dubious substances .

18 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Screenshot_20240805_142120_WhatsApp.jpg

The Nikkei absolutely tanked overnight.

17 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

He has not got a clue, he is way out of his depth , he is just adding fuel to the fire , there is not enough police to cover the hole country .

He iz only obeying zee orders!!!

16 minutes ago, shaun4860 said:

Eroded most things in the name of the European Human Rights Act.

Yeah but no but, we wouldnt have no rights if it wasnt for the European courts innit 😆

image.jpeg.05c9d12f979f8a3a63e0e3cbbe3e0946.jpeg

47 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

He has not got a clue, he is way out of his depth , he is just adding fuel to the fire

He has got a clue; he is a committed idealogue.  He’s unwilling to understand the complex question of why people are taking to the streets, or even whether or not they might have a point.  Goes without saying that I’m not suggesting that justifies public disorder.

But we already knew he was entirely comfortable with 2-tier policing.  Look at what the BLM thugs did in my home city of Bristol, the police withdrew and let them, whilst the rest of us were being arrested for congregating in groups of 6 or more.  Starmer couldn’t agree with BLM fast enough and was busy taking a knee in support, despite the clear disconnect between and George Floyd’s death and anything remotely relevant to Bristol.

No this is him on ‘safe ground’ amongst his fellow Islingtonites, and screw the rest of the country.  And if all else fails; he's got 'brains trust' Yvette Cooper at the home office, who will fall on her sword if necessary.

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

there weren't enough in 1984 either but it's surprising what a regiment looks like with a coppers uniform on👍

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Its like now, where this discontent has boiled over into riots, is being blamed on the 'far' right, when its just ordinary people who have had enough of being ignored, and have finally realised the only way to make a government sit up and take notice, is to take to the streets.

Dude, in what world do ordinary people take to the streets and riot?

That’s neither ordinary people nor normal behaviour, surely!?

I’m a big fan of Matt Goodwin. And here he nails it.

Long but worth the read.

What you are witnessing in Britain today is the direct result of failed policies that have been imposed on the country for much of the last 30 years. Mass, uncontrolled immigration. The refusal to do what needs to be done to regain control of our borders. The failure to integrate newcomers. The refusal to counter radical Islamism and even recognise the very obvious failings of multiculturalism. The continued promises to lower mass immigration only to then lie to the British people by doing the opposite. And the growing tendency among the radicalising "liberal" left -as we see again this weekend- to try and silence and stigmatise all those who have been pointing to these very obvious causes as "racists", "xenophobes", and "grifters".

My view is this. If you are idiotic enough to break the law then you should be arrested. And if you are stupid enough to use violence against police officers and emergency workers then you should face the full force of the law. Much like those antisemitic, pro-Hamas, Black Lives Matter protestors and Islamist sympathisers should have faced consequences when they too broke the law.

But what is also crystal clear is that these protests are just the tip of the iceberg. What lies beneath are millions of decent, hardworking, patriotic British people who have simply had enough of these disastrous policies, of being told they are "racist" or "far right" for wanting to change course, and who are routinely shut out of the national conversation. They are sick of an elite class that after watching British children be blown apart at pop concerts, murdered at dance classes, and sexually assaulted by Muslim gangs on an industrial scale continues to gaslight them by saying what this is really about is "social media", "misinformation", "disinformation", and "right-wing grifters coordinating riots from their holidays".

As I say below --and no, I won't delete it--a serious response to these events begins with acknowledging that the status-quo is completely broken. No community in history has pursued this level of mass immigration and demographic change while having no integration strategy and come out on the other side as a healthy, vibrant, strong, high-trust, prosperous society.

So what do we need to do? We need to end the policy of mass immigration. We need a freeze on all non-essential migration so that we at least stand a chance of absorbing and managing the record migration of the last quarter-century.

We need to leave the ECHR, reform the Human Rights Act, and do whatever we can to regain control of our own borders. A country that cannot even control who is coming in and out is not a serious country.

We need a new debate and policy on immigration in this country which, in my view, has now become far too dependent on people from outside Europe, who neither share our values nor way of life.

We need to protect and promote free speech, free expression and free assembly so that people feel they have a voice, not rush to shut it down because the ruling class no longer understands what is happening.

And we need, in short, to be doing the very opposite of what the current Labour government is doing, and what the previous Conservative governments accelerated. And we need to start doing it now. 

Regularly for business. Somewhere I have a pic of a gendarmerie shaking his fist at a yellow jersey (not the TdF type) cutting the barrier off a toll gate in Côte d’Azur. 

I also once had the displeasure of arriving in Nice just as they won the World Cup (although that was obviously celebratory disruption).

17 minutes ago, clangerman said:

remind me again how the gullible cheered for more laws to deal with jso etc like taking sweets from kids! lol 

Eh?

People wanted police to enforce the existing laws.  In an even handed manner, regardless of whether 'the establishment' agreed with their cause or not.

Hence the accusations (Justified IMO) of two-tier policing.

If nothing else, Mark Rowley ripping the mic out of the reporter's hand when asked about two-tier is terrible 'optics' and couldn't be more symbolic about how a large percentage of the population feels the police treat them.

That said, I predict Yvette will be telling hubby on GMB all about how she sacked Rowley,  in less than a month's time.

6 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Regularly for business. Somewhere I have a pic of a gendarmerie shaking his fist at a yellow jersey (not the TdF type) cutting the barrier off a toll gate in Côte d’Azur. 

Not that I wish to appear a pendent, but surely when referring to an individual the term is a gendarme?

Anyway; my point is that the British are much more restrained than our continental neighbours when it comes to public disorder, even if it does not feel like it at present.

I don't care whether you think the EU is some kind of sun-lit upland or not, imposed societal change will always result in rioting.

52 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Not been to France then? 🤣

in the 1960's during the student riots the police eventually controlled it by shooting the students in their legs 

25 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Not that I wish to appear a pendent, but surely when referring to an individual the term is a gendarme?

I’ll give you that if you concede pedant and not pendent.

28 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Anyway; my point is that the British are much more restrained than our continental neighbours when it comes to public disorder, even if it does not feel like it at present.

Agreed.

30 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

I don't care whether you think the EU is some kind of sun-lit upland or not, imposed societal change will always result in rioting.

Temper temper, that’s a bit random, did you skip the afternoon meds.

Feeling is mutual, I couldn’t care a less what you think, which is why I normally ignore you.

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

dammit all. Hoist by own wossname. Believe it or not, even checked the spelling before mashing the 'submit reply' .

7 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Feeling is mutual, I couldn’t care a less what you think, which is why I normally ignore you.

Eh?  Think you might be mistaking my use of 'sunlit uplands' as some kind of sneering or sarcasm, can assure it wasn't meant that way.

Unfortunate that you don't care what I think when we're mid agreeing with each other. 😎

40 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Dude, in what world do ordinary people take to the streets and riot?

That’s neither ordinary people nor normal behaviour, surely!?

The question you should really be asking, is at what point DO ordinary people riot ?

Plus, 'ordinary people' is subjective, some nationalities as @udderlyoffroad pointed out, riot at a drop of a hat.

'Ordinary' people have been sidelined in the UK for several decades now by politicians, hoping for woke points,  who champion any minority they can come up with.

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

I’m a big fan of Matt Goodwin. And here he nails it.

Long but worth the read.

What you are witnessing in Britain today is the direct result of failed policies that have been imposed on the country for much of the last 30 years. Mass, uncontrolled immigration. The refusal to do what needs to be done to regain control of our borders. The failure to integrate newcomers. The refusal to counter radical Islamism and even recognise the very obvious failings of multiculturalism. The continued promises to lower mass immigration only to then lie to the British people by doing the opposite. And the growing tendency among the radicalising "liberal" left -as we see again this weekend- to try and silence and stigmatise all those who have been pointing to these very obvious causes as "racists", "xenophobes", and "grifters".

My view is this. If you are idiotic enough to break the law then you should be arrested. And if you are stupid enough to use violence against police officers and emergency workers then you should face the full force of the law. Much like those antisemitic, pro-Hamas, Black Lives Matter protestors and Islamist sympathisers should have faced consequences when they too broke the law.

But what is also crystal clear is that these protests are just the tip of the iceberg. What lies beneath are millions of decent, hardworking, patriotic British people who have simply had enough of these disastrous policies, of being told they are "racist" or "far right" for wanting to change course, and who are routinely shut out of the national conversation. They are sick of an elite class that after watching British children be blown apart at pop concerts, murdered at dance classes, and sexually assaulted by Muslim gangs on an industrial scale continues to gaslight them by saying what this is really about is "social media", "misinformation", "disinformation", and "right-wing grifters coordinating riots from their holidays".

As I say below --and no, I won't delete it--a serious response to these events begins with acknowledging that the status-quo is completely broken. No community in history has pursued this level of mass immigration and demographic change while having no integration strategy and come out on the other side as a healthy, vibrant, strong, high-trust, prosperous society.

So what do we need to do? We need to end the policy of mass immigration. We need a freeze on all non-essential migration so that we at least stand a chance of absorbing and managing the record migration of the last quarter-century.

We need to leave the ECHR, reform the Human Rights Act, and do whatever we can to regain control of our own borders. A country that cannot even control who is coming in and out is not a serious country.

We need a new debate and policy on immigration in this country which, in my view, has now become far too dependent on people from outside Europe, who neither share our values nor way of life.

We need to protect and promote free speech, free expression and free assembly so that people feel they have a voice, not rush to shut it down because the ruling class no longer understands what is happening.

And we need, in short, to be doing the very opposite of what the current Labour government is doing, and what the previous Conservative governments accelerated. And we need to start doing it now. 

And that's why most voted for Brexit, control of our borders, sadly its done diddly squat.

Take Barrow-in-Furness for example, it's very much out of the way, I've never really noticed too many foreigners knocking about, it's a massive Cul de sac, and you tend to find that immigrants arriving head to areas with other immigrants leading to the lack of adapting to our culture,  but now the Gov is happily moving immigrants all round the country, so even in areas like Barrow you'll see groups of young lads, possibly from India or Pakistan at a guess , and around Barrow they really stand out.

11 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

dammit all. Hoist by own wossname

Petard 🤣🤣🤣

6 hours ago, janner said:

Rather than more controls it may be wise to start investing in education again so our citizens have an informed outlook on the issue that affect our country and hence lives, perhaps then the mob will grasp the basics of cause and effect, even   knowing the difference between right and wrong would help 

Peraps some kind of test before being able to vote would be better than seeing our country ruined by draconian policies implemented off the back of the actions of a few ill educated and easily led thugs.

I knew when the previous government spouted that it was ok to break the law if it furthered their cause that it was the start of the decline,

A fish rots from the head down.

So your saying all thick people will not be allowed to vote ! perhaps your right , but Peraps you would not be allowed to vote if you carnt spell , just saying . LOL

53 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Agreed.

Fair enough, I thought you more likely to point out it was yellow vest, not jersey.

52 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The question you should really be asking, is at what point DO ordinary people riot ?

Plus, 'ordinary people' is subjective, some nationalities as @udderlyoffroad pointed out, riot at a drop of a hat.

'Ordinary' people have been sidelined in the UK for several decades now by politicians, hoping for woke points,  who champion any minority they can come up with.

I agree it’s subjective. Perhaps we should also be asking the rioters what it is they are rioting against. 

Recently we had the crossbow murders, the attempted murder of the soldier and the murder of the girls in Southport. Little focus on the first two it seems.

I still believe the rioters are in the most part just trouble makers but maybe that’s subjective, there again maybe not…

Edited by Raja Clavata
Pedant mitigation from incorrect auto correct