Deputy Prime Minister hires "vanity" Photographer

TIGHTCHOKE

Hello, That is a lot of winter fuel payments, I dread to think if we have a cold winter how many pensioners will survive with much heating as i see so many reports of Heat or Eat,   I am sure people there are a lot of UK citizens regretting voting Labour , 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

56 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

And the next sleazy move by the government is apparently Angela Rayner, Deputy Prime Minister has hired a Photographer at the cost of £68000 to the taxpayer.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1951905/Taxpayers-Angela-Rayner-vanity-photographer-pensioners-freeze

Just more grist to the mill?

Another illustration of contempt?

I’m staggered by their brass neck as to how this all looks to the rest of us. 
Cronyism, cash for access, free holidays, deliberately fudging the Register of Donations to hide it all and bunging their union paymasters while targeting pensioners at the same time. That’s without looking at the basic incompetence of the Cabinet as a whole. 
Yet Rayner’s clearly on manoeuvres and wants us the pay for a photographer so she can present herself as not pig-manure thick. 

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

images.jpeg.f65e229df57f590641c61d532c1efd16.jpeg

:good:

1 hour ago, Flashman said:

I’m staggered by their brass neck as to how this all looks to the rest of us. 
Cronyism, cash for access, free holidays, deliberately fudging the Register of Donations to hide it all and bunging their union paymasters while targeting pensioners at the same time. That’s without looking at the basic incompetence of the Cabinet as a whole. 
Yet Rayner’s clearly on manoeuvres and wants us the pay for a photographer so she can present herself as not pig-manure thick. 

In all fairness, the photographer will have his/her work cut out to make her even 'presentable'!

Edited by steve_b_wales

Her photographer is going to be very busy on the Photoshop software to make her look presentable

19 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

:good:

In all fairness, the photograph will have his/her work cut out to make her even 'presentable'!

I was thinking the same

It REALLY stinks................................

From the AOL News website.

"Angela Rayner has hired a taxpayer-funded “vanity” photographer to chronicle her work in Government.

The Deputy Prime Minister is facing fresh scrutiny over her judgement after details of the appointment emerged on Sunday night.

Simon Walker was reportedly hired on a salary of £68,000, more than twice the national average. He will also take photos for Ms Rayner’s department, the Ministry of Housing.

It has become normal in recent years for No 10 to hire a photographer to record the Prime Minister’s movements. However, Ms Rayner is said to be the first deputy to have her own.

The Government has insisted Mr Walker is part of the department’s wider communications team, rather than a “personal” hire for Ms Rayner.

But the Tories have accused the Deputy Prime Minister of a “vanity” project."

Did anyone really expect this new Gov't to be better? 

I think you would fine (if you could get the information) that £68K on 'a vanity photographer' is a relatively tiny part of the wasted expenses on all these free loaders.  There are whole bus loads of these 'career politicians) who have lived (very comfortably) at union members, party 'donors' and taxpayers expenses all their careers since they left school.

There are also numerous 'party donors' who have enjoyed variously business orders and contracts, honours, knighthoods, seats in the Lords in return obviously totally unconnected.

Expect more:  Starmer is removing the sleepy old 'heriditary' peers - and they will no doubt be replaced by those worthy citizens who happen to have boosted party or personal funds, donated suits, clothing, glasses, match tickets, loans of flats in New York - (entirely unrelated to any expectation of reward of course)