Just got hit up the ****

Mungler

So, I brake for a young lady to cross a zebra crossing, she crosses and just as she crosses past the front of my stationary car.... screech bang. Numpty boy behind rear ends me - he lost patience with a car in front of him that was turning right and badly positioned thereby blocking his progress, so he bumps onto the pavement and accelerates (undertaking the car turning right) but didn't appreciate that I was stationary at the zebra crossing.

My car got pushed accross the crossing - could have been messy had the girly crossing the road not got a wiggle on.

Anyways, my car (P reg Daihatsu Sportrak) got a whack to the rear nearside quarter:

1. metal bumper damage - it folded up so that the rear don't won't open (not too bad as a whack of the hammer will get that down and the door open) - fortunately the large protruding metal bumper absorbed the impact,

2. light cluster gone

3. rear quarter got a small fold in it

4. exhaust bent and creased

Otherwise the car's fine - it's all superficial.

The ****** is that it's gonna get written off. I coughed £1325 for it less than 6 months ago and it was a low mileage 1 lady owner with full service history car and as such is worth more than £1325 to me.

Major pain in the backside getting it all sorted now. Also I can feel my neck and shoulders stiffening by the second.

I went into the back of a mercedes about 6 months ago in my P306 lol she had a few scratches that t-cut could sort, but i bent my radiator, my fan was smashed, bonnet crumpled, both front lamp units smashed with bulbs and slam panel slightly bent cost me £300 (3rd party fire + theft) my excuse it that it was wet and i had 3 ppl in the car (she was stoped at a redlight) she also tryed blamin me for goin into the car infront but it was auto and she took her foot off the brake bcuz me n my mates saw it stationary after we hit her then hop forward, but we all do it once right? what was the lad drivin?

Sorry to hear your bad news!

If you need some advice on what you might be able to do to either avoid the insurance company writing the car off, or getting the car back on the road if it is written off, feel free to pm me where I can give you my number and we can have a chat.

I have plenty of experience in dealing with insurance companies and cars through previous job roles. I'd be more than happy to pass on some tips if you need any.

If it's a good car there is no reason to lose it through value of repair; There are ways around it.

Regards

For your whiplash-i'd start taking iburofen and paracetemol immedietely cos tommorrow morning you're gonna feel a lot worse.The iburofen will help reduce the inflamation in your neck/back and get the strongest you can get.

Sorry your car got shunted,but i do agree about buying it back off the insurers.

Edited by Imperfection

Hi Mungler.

I have just FINALLY got my offer of compensation ; after some jerko smashed into the back of my jeep whilst I was stopped at traffic lights .

3 1/2 *****Y years ago this happened.

No denial of liability by the other driver. paid out in 4 weeks for my jeep and I purchased the jeep back from the insurance company at salvage price and then sold it on e-bay for DOUBLE what I paid for it.

Put your claim in for whiplash and RECORD everything with connecton to your injury. Phone calls, letters, doctor's visits, medication and types and strenghts of pain levels. Dates; times , EVERYTHING.

Dave K

I love all the suggestions of commiting Insurance fraud on here from people who if it was done to them would moan like *******. As said these things happen and as long as he is insured either push for more money than you bought the jeep for as a settlement and look for something else (depends if it runs well and you're happy with it or not) or as said if they will let you buy it back and pocket the difference and take a hammer to it as long as you're happy with a beaten up shooting truck.

Ok course if the neck is stiff then do see your GP and look into a claim.

So, I brake for a young lady to cross a zebra crossing, she crosses and just as she crosses past the front of my stationary car.... screech bang. Numpty boy behind rear ends me - he lost patience with a car in front of him that was turning right and badly positioned thereby blocking his progress, so he bumps onto the pavement and accelerates (undertaking the car turning right) but didn't appreciate that I was stationary at the zebra crossing.

My car got pushed accross the crossing - could have been messy had the girly crossing the road not got a wiggle on.

Anyways, my car (P reg Daihatsu Sportrak) got a whack to the rear nearside quarter:

1. metal bumper damage - it folded up so that the rear don't won't open (not too bad as a whack of the hammer will get that down and the door open) - fortunately the large protruding metal bumper absorbed the impact,

2. light cluster gone

3. rear quarter got a small fold in it

4. exhaust bent and creased

Otherwise the car's fine - it's all superficial.

The ****** is that it's gonna get written off. I coughed £1325 for it less than 6 months ago and it was a low mileage 1 lady owner with full service history car and as such is worth more than £1325 to me.

Major pain in the backside getting it all sorted now. Also I can feel my neck and shoulders stiffening by the second.

Insist on buying it back stating your affection for the vehicle and contact one of those ambulance chasing outfits regarding the pain you are so clearly suffering from IMHO.

LB :stupid: