Bobby Robson

dazza

In Fifteen years of Semi professional footy I met two great men associated with the game that really had an aura about them and when they spoke about football you listened.... Brian Clough was one and Bobby Robson the other.....

What a loss to the game of Football and more importantly to his family........but what a courage in his fight aginst cancer not just this final time but three times previously.

I went to to the recent England Germany charity match with my Brother in Law from Gateshead and the esteem and respect he was held in by the crowd and the people of Tyneside was very evident.

Im sure there will be a fog on the Tyne tonight and a few ales supped in his honour........a wonderful human being.

Very sad news indeed.

As a Town fan BR is a legend who's status will never be surpassed.

His statue outside Portman Rd is already getting festooned with scarfs/shirts/flowers. Perhaps now the board will rename the North Stand (if not the ground)?

His fight against cancer has been mammoth, yet he remained a true gent, and continued raising loads of cash for his charity and Ipswich hospital cancer unit.

I never met him, but did have dinner with his old mucker Charlie Woods once. It was clear how much esteem he had for BR.

Spanish side Real (not that one!) playing a friendly at Town tonight.....may be a few more fans turn up tonight?

RIP Sir Bob

:good:

today we mourn the loss of a great man Sir Bobby Robson the greatest manager this country has ever produced, the fans of all the clubs that he has managed over the years will all say how great he was . ipswich fans and toon fans a sad day but a time to celebrate the life of the legend that he is and always be to us all :good:

RIP SIR BOBBY your simply the best..

tractorboy :good:

RIP - I saw a documentary about him a few years back when he managed Newcastle (Lineker was presenting). His passion for football and the club (and I mean everything including the doors at their training ground!) was amazing.

I remember watching Italia '90 and how the press hounded him around that time. Then pretended they loved him all along in later years.

Sad day for football, every time i saw him being interviewed on TV you could tell that he was football through and through, he always spoke with passion and always with a smile even when suffering that terrible diease!! RIP Sir Bobby a true legend and gent

Incredible manager, did so much for the game over the years, remember when he brought the two dutch lads to Ipswich Thyssen and Muhren - Sir Bobby did things years ahead of anyone else.

A true gent, who was incredible proud of the North East and England. He just loved the game and was so enthuastic about it whenever he spoke. Even though he had cancer he still thought of others be setting up a cancer charity to raise money for others, what a man.

Will be sadly missed by all in football around the world and our thoughts are with his family today.